Baron Davis' Documentary - Crips and Bloods: Made in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baron Davis' Documentary - Crips and Bloods: Made in America

This is a great watch for any of those interested. Full thing is here.

Love how YouTube lets them make movies longer than 10 minutes now!

Oh is that a Baron Davis produced docu? Didn't realize. Yeah I watch it years ago on NetFlix. Not bad.

My buddy lives out there off and on. Somewhere in east LA. He pretty much confirms how majorly fucked up it is. Everytime he comes back he's got some crazy ass stories. Violent and racist as hell out there.

Comment

Ya man, pretty heavy stuff.

And to think, thats what Demar is coming out of ...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Ya man, pretty heavy stuff.

And to think, thats what Demar is coming out of ...
        Well, where I come from someone knocked over a garbagecan once a year; that wasn't easy either.

So yeah, hard, almost impossible, to understand (for me) how it impacts people, growing up like that.

Comment

I saw that docu like a year ago. Interesting, yet a bit boring from what I remember.

Honestly, having spent my early childhood( i think i was 8 when moved) in downtown hamilton and still going there from time to time. It's not far off from compton.

Scarbrough. Although, I've never been is maybe even worse though from what you read in the papers.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            Scarbrough. Although, I've never been is maybe even worse though from what you read in the papers.
            Scarborough gets a bad rap thanks to questionable pockets in the city... even Malvern, which gets an awful rap, and really the people there justify it, is actually a pretty decent neighborhood in itself.. it's the people who ruin it..

imho, nothing in scarborough comes close to matching the dilapidation to scuzzy people ratio of hamilton

no offense

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              Scarborough gets a bad rap thanks to questionable pockets in the city... even Malvern, which gets an awful rap, and really the people there justify it, is actually a pretty decent neighborhood in itself.. it's the people who ruin it..

imho, nothing in scarborough comes close to matching the dilapidation to scuzzy people ratio of hamilton

no offense
              nah, don't even worry about it. why do you think I live in Stoney Creek? Although, there is a lot of annoying italians here. It is completely tolerable compared to what goes on in "the core".

Infact, just to give you an idea of how bad it is. Incase, you've never been. I went to the tabbies game last week at ivor wynne. So, I spent the day at my dads work, since it's like 3 blocks from the stadium.

Anyways, a guy was saying he got a blowjob this girl we call "gummer"(for obvious reasons). Anways, she is a cracked out hooker with no teeth(hence "Gummer") and just recently she had her throat slit literally from ear to ear and is breathing/eating out of a tube through her trachea.

She can't even fucking breath properly. Yet, she's fucking sucking cock whenever she can get it. That brings a new meaning to "desperate times call for desperate measures."

There's a crack house every couple of blocks, pregnant 13 year olds runnin around, frig some guy just died on the same street as my dads work from "natural" causes and he was 25. Nobody that lives there has a full set of teeth.

You honestly feel so bad for some of them, you consider running them over on Barton St.

I remember when I lived there, I think I was 7 and my mom wouldn't let me ride my bike more than halfway up the street. people literally came up on your porch, when you were home, and took your lawn chairs.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
              X