X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetically

Hypothetically:

This is a huge if...

If we end up trading for another late draft pick, and we won the draft lottery. Would you trade the 1st overall pick (Anthony Davis) and the late pick to the Hornets for their 2 picks if they landed in the 2nd or 3rd spot? They most likely will have Minnesota's pick as well, which will be in the lottery.

Doing this we would be able to select Barnes or MKG and then draft from 10-15th again. We would have a chance to take any point guard or the best player available.

We are already deep at the PF position, and I think it's worth keeping Bargs, and one of Ed or Amir

i am all for trading away from davis if we are number one. i think that the hornets wouldnt trade number 2 and 3 for #1 though. i would be happy trading all the way down to 3 depending on who is picking second. i think bc wants barnes, i want mkg but if he thinks barnes would go 3rd or that his trade can get a shooter to slot into the 3 and still draft mkg we are golden.

Comment

1 for 2 and 3 is very, very appealing. I'd probably do that in this draft. I know everyone is gone on Davis but this draft is really stacked at the top.

Comment

I don't think he's implying that NO will have the #2 and #3 picks.. I think he's implying that NO would have the #2 pick, and another pick in the lottery (Minny's pick). If we drafted #1.. would you trade that pick (and some hypothetical non-lottery pick) for those two picks.

To answer your original question - I think I'd rather stick with Davis, and trade both Amir and Ed.

Comment

If they draft Davis I think Bargnani is most likely on the way out.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I think they can work with both Davis and Bargnani for a year (they did with George and Granger in Indy for example). Davis comes off the bench and/or gets minutes at PF with Bargnani as Center to relieve JV for some time.

However in 2013/2014 they can then make their decision. Trade Bargs or trade A. Davis if the tandem doesn't work out. Bargs could fetch a high volume wing like a Harden, an Ellis or a Gay.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              agreed and i dont think they will give up on bargs after sticking with him this long and finally seeing him break out

Comment

Raptors aren't going to win the lottery. NBA won't let that happen in this draft.

Comment

there always has to be one

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I don't think he's implying that NO will have the #2 and #3 picks.. I think he's implying that NO would have the #2 pick, and another pick in the lottery (Minny's pick). If we drafted #1.. would you trade that pick (and some hypothetical non-lottery pick) for those two picks.

To answer your original question - I think I'd rather stick with Davis, and trade both Amir and Ed.
                    Thanks for clearing up my question. I think I would still pass up on Davis. I'm excited to see the two Euro 7 footers play together for years to come. Their games compliment each others. I also think Bargs would be the one to go. He still has a good 6 years or more. We desperately need a SF or a pure shooting guard. J. Lamb has been sliding and it's looking like he might be around for Minni's pick. If not we could get a Marshall, Teague or Kabango.

On the other hand we could draft Davis, sign Batum. Trade Ed and Amir for other pieces or trade one of them and the late pick we have to move up to grab the point guard we wanted.
                    Last edited by saints91; Sat Feb 18, 2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Meh, different draft sites have very different order after the top three. NBADraft has Lamb at 5 and DraftExpress has him going at 12. Still, assuming the order you gave is right, I think this team picks either Robinson or Sullinger. Maybe Jones if his head is on right. I think the order will change somewhat before the draft, guys like Kendall Marshall and Lamb may rise.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I think if we were to make that trade with New Orleans and we were to get Davis, he could easily work with JV or Bargs. Anthony Davis is pretty versatile, and I think the 3 of them can split the minutes at the 5 & 4. If we are able to use the later Minny pick to catch one of the SG' or SF's that slip in the draft, I think it's very likely you can see some kind of package of Amir/Davis/Derozan out the door for an established 2 or 3. So many possibilities, I can't wait for this summer.

Comment

Davis has been holding down the #1 spot on every draft board I've loked at for months now, and it's by a fair margin. He's a beast on defense and consistent...like Tim Duncan consistent on the defensive end. If by some miracle the Raptor's are fortunate enough to land the #1 pick they shouldn't hesitate to pick Davis.

Comment

I heard BC say that he was at the Kentucky-NC game and there was 1 player (he wouldnt name names for obvious reasons) who separated himself by a wide margin. I believe he was speaking of Davis. I dont think anyone would trade him if they had the opportunity to draft him. The scary thing is that he is just starting to really develop and has probably not fully grown either.

Comment

we'd have to move amir or bargnani if we get davis

Comment

Working...
                              X