Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors exercise 4th year option on forward Ed Davis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors exercise 4th year option on forward Ed Davis.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=407595

TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors have exercised the fourth year team option on the rookie scale contract of forward Ed Davis.

Davis was the lone Raptor to appear in all 66 games last season. He averaged 6.3 points, a team-leading 6.6 rebounds and 23.2 minutes.

In nine starting appearances, Davis averaged 8.3 points, 9.0 rebounds and 33.3 minutes.

The six-foot-10, 235-pound forward was the 13th overall pick by Toronto in the 2010 draft.
    Looking like Jose AND Amir more and more!
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Jose and Amir? What?

I'm expecting a nice year from Ed. It looks like he's in really good shape and a lot more hungry than the past two seasons. I'm hoping he lives up to his "projected top 5" billing finally. 9 and 9 sounds swell! Never hurts to have too many bigs that can play.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Jose and Amir? What?

I'm expecting a nice year from Ed. It looks like he's in really good shape and a lot more hungry than the past two seasons. I'm hoping he lives up to his "projected top 5" billing finally. 9 and 9 sounds swell! Never hurts to have too many bigs that can play.
      Hey, it's amazing, I never realized in his starts, he was averaging a near double-double!

I mean Jose And Amir in terms of trade package
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I realize that most likely Amir or Ed will eventually be dealt, but as of now I'm torn on who I'd rather it be. Amir has proven the type of player he can be, as where Ed still has the "potential" tag on him.

Comment

I'd like to keep Amir, he plays hard and plays through injuries, he's a real iron man. For what Davis has done so far I'd have no problems letting him go. I'd like to see him up his trade value and then let him go to bolster one of our weaker positions.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

I wouldn't read too much in to picking up the 4th year of a rookie contract. Unless he absolutely sucks and shows no promise (which ED does not on either account) why wouldn't a team pick up the option? Cheap player and get to retain his rights while having option of matching any offer in restricted free agency.

Seems like a no-brainer.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't read too much in to picking up the 4th year of a rookie contract. Unless he absolutely sucks and shows no promise (which ED does not on either account) why wouldn't a team pick up the option? Cheap player and get to retain his rights while having option of matching any offer in restricted free agency.

Seems like a no-brainer.
              Agreed. I don't think this provides any indication that management is leaning towards trading Amir. It's just a logical managerial decision.

It's like Colangelo picking up Bayless' QO this summer. Some were convinced this indicated Bayless was here to stay.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Agreed. I don't think this provides any indication that management is leaning towards trading Amir. It's just a logical managerial decision.

It's like Colangelo picking up Bayless' QO this summer. Some were convinced this indicated Bayless was here to stay.
                This sums it up!
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

It would have been bigger news had they announced that they are NOT picking up the fourth year.
                  Last edited by Snizzoop; Thu Oct 18, 2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

the writings on the wall now for you know who and his left calf

Comment

I feel like its well deserved ED is a hard worker. Every time he steps on a court he has chance at a double double. I hope he sticks around and in a couple years he is able to surpass Andrea. I truely believe that Andrea has peaked.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        I feel like its well deserved ED is a hard worker. Every time he steps on a court he has chance at a double double. I hope he sticks around and in a couple years he is able to surpass Andrea. I truely believe that Andrea has peaked.
                        I'm happy they picked up his 4th year option as well. He's not an explosive athelete, but he has the length to be really productive. I feel like once his body fills out he'll be a consistent 10 rebound a game type guy. I think to surpass Andrea, Ed has to play with more aggression. He's got to add some nasty to his game.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I'm happy they picked up his 4th year option as well. He's not an explosive athelete, but he has the length to be really productive. I feel like once his body fills out he'll be a consistent 10 rebound a game type guy. I think to surpass Andrea, Ed has to play with more aggression. He's got to add some nasty to his game.
                          And about 5 baskets a night.

Comment

um...yay?
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              um...yay?
                              Try not to be too excited, bottle up your fanboyism a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X