Just 20 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just 20 minutes

This is my plea to Dwane Casey. Can Ed Davis just get 20 minutes a game. Like the kid is double double waiting to happen. I'd rather know that my PF is going to give me 10 and 10 a night than one that could offer an inefficient 20 and 5.
    @Chr1st1anL

haha fool. DC n BC dont listen to peasants like you. AB is the future of this franchise, and DD is his side kick, and AJ is 6th man of the year. Fuck JV, TR n ED.

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post
      haha fool. DC n BC dont listen to peasants like you. AB is the future of this franchise, and DD is his side kick, and AJ is 6th man of the year. Fuck JV, TR n ED.
      Who the fuck are you to call anyone a peasant? Ease up.

I agree, Ed works harder, that's just enough of a reason to be in the starting lineup in general.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Who the fuck are you to call anyone a peasant? Ease up.

I agree, Ed works harder, that's just enough of a reason to be in the starting lineup in general.
        da dude was jus pullin legs man! chill out! complete sarcasm there

i can see everybody being so frustarated rie now.. ha ha ha
        just another raptors season unfolding

Comment

I agree 1000%. The guy leads the team in rebounding from the bench. It wouldn't affect the offense as much as he probably thinks. I actually think the bench would be better off with bargs coming off the bench for instant offense.. Sometimes instant offense.

Comment

the media needs to be harsher on bargnani, it's the only way for our voices to be heard.......

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              the media needs to be harsher on bargnani, it's the only way for our voices to be heard.......
              I thought you were done with the team? What did that last, like 20 minutes?

Comment

Ive been saying start Ed and bench Bargs for 5 games now!!!!!

Ed is a new man this season, we NEED TO GIVE HIM BURN!
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Totally agree Ed's earned himself the right to some extra minutes. He's been grabbing offensive boards, playing D and getting putbacks. I like having him and Valanciunas on the floor cause then we have two really quick bigs that can exploit a lot of guys, but then again, Valanciunas is usually in foul trouble so that's not going to happen all that often!

Comment

People might think i'm crazy but i think Ed is faster than Bargnani. The dude is really quick when he has the ball, reminds me a bit of bosh. He just can't dribble too well and his shot is still a work in progress. I'd like to start Ed beside JV, that would be a very quick and effective front court in terms of Defense

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      People might think i'm crazy but i think Ed is faster than Bargnani. The dude is really quick when he has the ball, reminds me a bit of bosh. He just can't dribble too well and his shot is still a work in progress. I'd like to start Ed beside JV, that would be a very quick and effective front court in terms of Defense
                      +1. Ed and JV would be young, and make some mistakes, offensively we might be giving up some. BUT, defensively, rebounding and being in position shouldn't be a huge problem compared to if Bargnani was in the lineup. Bargnani's deficiencies are all being taken on by the rookie big man.

I like the way Ed has worked this season. Rebounding, being on the help side, bigger, tougher, and offensively has been pretty solid. I would actually like to see him get more than 20 minutes some nights, when Andrea is just not playing near average.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

if only ed davis had the offensive skill set of Paul Millsap. *Sigh*

Comment

Agreed overall. I would love to see Davis get more minutes, the kids has been working his butt off and deserves a shot. What he is excelling at is what we need more of, so it makes sense to atleas try it out.

Comment

he's got an amazing nose for the ball on rebounds for sure. people say his shot is still broken but i think it's really improved.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Would love to see Ed get more time on the floor as well, but whose minutes are you going to cut? Most would say AB, but with Jose being the only other deep threat on the floor you can't bench AB or else it would be too easy for teams to clog the paint and take away DD's ability to drive into the paint. Amir is on a roll right now (by the way I beleive I was the only one whom voted for Amir on the poll for the MIP, we did on this forum b4 the season started ) so you can't cut his minutes either. Obviously cutting JV's minutes are not an option either. Ed is going to have to be patient and continue to improve his game until an opportunity comes his way via injury or trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X