Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotation

Dwayne Casey said his going to go with a 9 man rotation. Lets say the starters are

PG: Kyle Lowry

SG: DeMar DeRozan

SF: Landry Fields

PF: Andrea Bargnani

C: Jonas Valanciunas

Who do you think has those others 4 spots?

My guess

6: Jose Calderon
    7: Ed Davis/Amir Johnson(I think this could change night to night. Depending on what they need)
    8:John Lucas
    9:Terrence Ross
    @Chr1st1anL

Kleiza and Gray have to be added in there. I'm not sure we're gonna see a ton of T Ross to begin the season. I also see Anderson getting minutes, so I'm not sure 9 works. I think he'd like to get it to 9 by playoff time!

Comment

I think the rotation is deeper than 9.

Match ups and the hot hand will play a big factor in who plays on any given night.

Guys who aren't going balls out aren't going to play.

While the Raps don't have or don't have much upper tier talent. Yet they don't exactly have bottom of the barrel either. Guys like Kleiza, Wright, and Gray are going to get opportunities this year. Casey has a lot of average NBA talent to work with.

Comment

who is wright? I know you don't mean Chris Wright
        Last edited by phdmac; Tue Oct 16, 2012, 08:23 PM.
        Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I think the rotation is deeper than 9.

Match ups and the hot hand will play a big factor in who plays on any given night.

Guys who aren't going balls out aren't going to play.

While the Raps don't have or don't have much upper tier talent. Yet they don't exactly have bottom of the barrel either. Guys like Kleiza, Wright, and Gray are going to get opportunities this year. Casey has a lot of average NBA talent to work with.
          He said 10 would be pushing it. I think Gray will only see minutes against the big Centers(D12, Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Cousin and Marc Gasol). I could easily put LK a head of TR but, TR seems like his are best shooter outside of are pgs.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Starters:
            Lowry
            DeRozan
            Fields
            Bargnani
            Valanciunas

Next
            Calderon
            Ross
            Davis
            Amir

This should be the most consistent rotation baring injuries or match ups.

Comment

Kleiza or maguire should be in the rotation over JL3. Not enough room for 3 pg's

Comment

Eddy deserves some minutes.. he's showing legit signs of improvement thus far. I'm liking the depth of this team

Comment

Dwane Casey will have his hand at the first unit, and the second unit. But really, depending on the opposing team, the 9-man rotation will differ.

If I HAD to choose 9-men to play thought it would go:

Starting Unit:

PG: Kyle Lowry
                  SG: Demar Derozan
                  SF: Landry Fields
                  C: Jonas Valanciunas

1: Jose Calderon
                  2: Linas Kleiza
                  3: Amir Johnson
                  4: John Lucas

The reason I chose John Lucas over Anderson/Davis, was because of what I've seen him in Chicago, and the last 3 pre-season games. Not to mention, him and Calderon can play the two, so wing depth is not a problem.

But really, think about it. It's extremely hard not to go deep when Alan Anderson, Ed Davis, Aaron Gray are all still available. Alan is VERY capable of starting for the team, and Ed, Lucas, and Gray are solid back-ups.

The one thing though for me, is, it's extremely hard to pick out 9 guys compared to last season, where it was consensus:

(From the end of the year)

PG: Jose Calderon
                  SG: Demar Derozan
                  SF: James Johnson
                  C: Amir Johnson

1: Jerryd Bayless
                  2: Linas Kleiza
                  3: Ed Davis
                  4. Aaron Gray

It took me 30 seconds to put out together last year's 9, compared to 5 minutes of trying to put the 9 for this season.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

pg lowry
                    sg ross
                    sf derozan
                    pf davis
                    c valanciunas

6 bargnani
                    7 calderon
                    8 kleiza
                    9 fields

/trollin

Comment

pg Lowry
                      sg Harden
                      sf Fields
                      pf Barfs
                      C JV

1st- JLIII
                      2nd-Amir
                      3rd-Rosay
                      4th- Linas Fukin Kleiza

Thats right gentlemen, we just traded DD ED J C and A G for the Beard and the biggest bang for the buck AKA Perk

Comment

now that the seasons approaching we're going to see a lot more crazies on this site *sigh*

Comment

All guys should be used in the first month. Expect the 9 or ten to fluctuate quite a bit based on injuries matchups and performance. By Xmas there will be some sort of lineup surprises. Someone who fails to impress and someone who impresses but wasn't supposed to necessarily.

9 deep is fine but Casey doesn't even know who his nine will be until they play some real games.

Comment

phdmac wrote: View Post
                            who is wright? I know you don't mean Chris Wright
                            lol - no. Brain fart. I meant McGuire.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              He said 10 would be pushing it. I think Gray will only see minutes against the big Centers(D12, Andrew Bynum, Andrew Bogut, Cousin and Marc Gasol). I could easily put LK a head of TR but, TR seems like his are best shooter outside of are pgs.
                              I wonder if he meant 10 on any given night.

That is my only point.

Match ups and hot hands will dictate playing time, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X