What's Happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Happening?

I think we've lost more blowout games than we have compared to last season. What is happening? I mean, even Amir Johnson got ejected, and quite frankly, he would be the last guy to get thrown out in my opinion.

I know there's been so many threads about all of this, but, how can anyone answer to this? There are so many problems, it's just not clear to what the hell is going on...

Anyone else just feel extremely speechless?

P.S I'm always going to be a hardcore/die-hard Raptor fan, but my faith is at an all-time low after having some serious (and many people believe, REALISTIC) optimism about making the post-season. Now, I feel like we're back in the lottery, without a pick.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

I honestly feel like a complete idiot for having any faith that this team would compete this season.

It's been a slap in the face of the fans and has been a complete and utter embarrassment.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

It's just a lack of focus guys.

Comment

a combination of lack of focus some silly gambles and injuries the team at 100% is actually pretty good. Im just happy that now more than ever it seems the time we finally part with Bargnani and perhaps Calderon? is drawing closer.

#TradeBargnani dont cheat on your future with the past lol

Comment

mainly coaching. Bargs sucks, but nobody can argue that he wouldn't make a solid bench option on a decent team. Honestly we could be a 500 team right now if our coach knew what sport he was coaching.

Comment

WOW! Blazers go 0 for 20 from downtown and still beat the Raptors by 18pts. WOW! The Raptors have lost the last three games by a combined 79pts. I look forward to seeing Davis and Val in the starting line up. I have a feeling we are headed for a season with less than 15 wins.

Comment

The alpha dog Lowry has been a mutt. Bargs has been a joke offensively this season to go with his usual poor defense. Casey looks like he went from pounding the rock to smoking it. It all adds up to a frustrating to watch season.

Comment

Whats happening.....

.... whats happening is a team that isn't very good and poorly assembled were expected to make the playoffs. Between a few tough losses, a tough schedule and some underperforming those playoffs are slipping away and the players are getting frustrated. It makes every little detail worse than it should be.

.... whats happening is a team lacking physical and mental toughness is getting beat up physically and mentally.

.... whats happening is a culmination of years of poor decision making, poor risk management and poor team building is blowing up in front of fans eyes.

Thats whats happening.

Its time to make the change.

Comment

What is happening?

Hopefully the end of Colangelo's run in Toronto.

Blow it up.

Comment

What's Happening?

What's happening is that we're a perimeter oriented team which has weak perimeter shooting. We rarely throw the ball into the deep post and though I don't have numbers to back me up I would think the majority of the times we do send it into the post it's to our rookie C whom doesn't have much in the way of post moves as yet. The result is that teams clog the paint and force either Lowry, Bargnani or DeMar to take well contested jump shots.

On the other end of the court we have that same rookie big battling two or three on one while our other big is watching and thinking about how he's going to get his shot off with the next posession. We also have coach Casey whom seems to have a stubborn philosophy of only playing veterans at the later stages of the game and not giving minutes to whomever is playing well on a given night.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                      Casey looks like he went from pounding the rock to smoking it.
                      ^ This.

No seriously, notice the incessant clearing of the throat during the post-game interview?

As for what is happening... Even the coaching staff seems clueless at this point. Playing the blame-game as fans gets us nowhere, so lets blame everyone anyways...

You think Vancouver ownership is hitting themselves in the head right now grippin' about Memphis' Record ?

Its time for Canada to omit themselves from the NBA, hey we had a good run...

Top Three Reasons this franchise was setup to fail
                      =================================

1.> Getting talent to sign here is detrimental to a system based on annual salary cap because we always overpay/overvalue mediocre players/personnel.

2.> Marketing and PR dictate the pace of a rebuild "process" in toronto, not stats and talent on the floor. (see quote above?)

3.> Jaded, Naive fan base, (don't worry i'm one of you and no i don't own a pink Calderon Jersey).

So to answer the question as to what is happening, the answer is simple... Nothing.
                      And to answer the question as to what is wrong, the answer is again, simple... Everything.

So we can point fingers, machine trades, and be disgruntled online, in game or whatever... Nothing will make a difference to the Raptors Brand whatsoever, cause at the end of the day, X amount of people bought their tickets and Y amount of people will watch the games on television, and Nothing ever changes.

Why you ask ?

Answer: Why spend more to bring a championship when the nba profits more overall when a big market wins?

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1131285

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/32/...s-11_land.html

Numbers aside, this situation we are in now is far worse than what Vince put us through, and consequentially what we got in return, and also to note i'm just as fed up as the rest of you guys.

Comment

i don't know what u guys want from the coaching staff

the assembled roster has dog siliva all over it

I am sick and tired of firing coaches because of Bryan's mistakes, its not the way to build culture

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                          It's just a lack of focus guys.

Comment

alexaussie wrote: View Post
                            I honestly feel like a complete idiot for having any faith that this team would compete this season.

It's been a slap in the face of the fans and has been a complete and utter embarrassment.
                            i knew this team wasn't good when I realized we were the worst team in our our division back in september. guys were foamin" over lowry as if he was some type of savoir. 1-5 we have the worst roster in the atlantic, might take derozan over j-rich tho
                            "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

where is the guy that told me we were going to make the playoffs and brooklyn was overrated? lol, some of you guys need to be realist. ross was a bad pick and jv is not going to be a franchise player. #BringWigginsHomeIn2015 needs its own twitter handle
                              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Working...
                              X