Raptors Open To Trading CB4 For D. Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Open To Trading CB4 For D. Lee

Sources also report that the Raptors would be open to sending Chris Bosh to New York in a sign-and-trade if David Lee is included in such a deal.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...osh_lee_trade/

Naw! This can't be true can it?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Hmmm ... as long as there's more to the deal. Like Lee, Chandler and draft picks. If so, then I'd listen but definitely for nothing less.

Comment

I'd prefer sending Lee to a third party for picks and young prospects, rather than paying him a huge salary.

Comment

Hard to see the Raptors being offered anyone (individual talent) better than David Lee in a trade.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          Hard to see the Raptors being offered anyone (individual talent) better than David Lee in a trade.
          I agree which is why if Bosh wants to bolt and Colangelo can accomodate him to a sign and trade to New York it will lessen the blow to everyone.

Chicago is probably another option for a sign and trade.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Hmmm ... as long as there's more to the deal. Like Lee, Chandler and draft picks. If so, then I'd listen but definitely for nothing less.
            New York has already had all of its draft picks poached by Houston. Houston could offer Toronto a much more appealing package. They have expiring contracts in Battier and Jefferies who are both great defenders, they have attractive young prospects in Jordan Hill and Chase Budinger, and they have still have all their draft picks, plus those of New York. Oh ya, and they can also include Scola and Kyle Lowry in a sign an trade deal. I would love to see Toronto add Kyle Lowry to be the backup PG behind Jarret Jack. Lowry is a tough as nails defender, and no slouch on the offensive end. He plays the game with an edge that Toronto could use. Of course, I wouldn't want it to be at the expense of Chris Bosh, but if he is going to walk anyways.

New York doesn't really have a ton to offer Toronto. David Lee is a great player, but a worse defender than Chris Bosh, not exactly what Toronto wants. Wilson Chandler is a pretty good two way player, but I think Demar will be just as good next year, maybe even Sonny as well. Gallinari would be interesting, but New York is reluctant to part with him, and again he isn't a good defender, so it really doesn't help Toronto a ton. Besides, we already have Hedo at his position, and Hedo isn't going anywhere. Finally, New York doesn't have a draft pick this summer, or the summer of 2012, and the 2011 draft pick can be swapped with Houston if Houston wants, so you gotta figure either way it isn't going to be a lottery pick because Houston will have Yao and Martin next year, and New York will have whoever they manage to sign this summer.

If Bosh does leave in a sign and trade, i think Toronto should try and get some guys who know how to defend both individually and as a team.
            I Am Shutup

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              I would like to see Lee, Chandler, Douglas, Walker and picks headed this way or them taking Hedo Turkoglu as well.

Ripp wrote: View Post
              I'd prefer sending Lee to a third party for picks and young prospects, rather than paying him a huge salary.
              Lee couldn't get a pay day last summer, what makes you think he gets one this summer? When you consider that the team who land James, Wade, Bosh, Johnson and Stoudamire will be out of the game Lee may have less viable options than last off-season and on top of that you'll see a lot of the remaining teams weary about signing a guy like Lee to big money with a new CBA on the way that will lower contracts across the board. The Raptors wouldn't offer anymore than the market would dictate.

Comment

bosh is a phenomenal player but sometimes, you have to get someone who fits in your system, and currently bosh does not. david lee fits more in triano's offensive schemes and will definitely be a better compliment to the styles of jack, turk, bargs and jose. bosh usually gets his points off the dribble, he commands the ball a lot and takes more jumpshots than drives. lee is the perfect big for dribble penetration point guards as he usually lounges 6-10 feet around the basket. bosh usually waits for the ball at the top of the key. age, rebounding, scoring theyre practically identical. bosh is has a bit of an edge in blocks, but lee has an edge on asts, which is another plus for the raps since we have so many corner shooters (bellinelli, wright, weems, derozan) who basically wait to hoist a 3 or long 2. plus, lee's salary is way lower than bosh, so on a sign and trade, we can get a 2 for 1 deal, maybe chandler who is a very athletic wing player. and lee knows he's not a franchise player so it would be dumb for him to demand the max salary. for bosh's $18mil salary, we can take lee and chandler. and maybe sign another MLE to back up the SG/SF spots. i think its time for bosh to go, everybody is saying it, and you know when there's smoke, there's fire.

Comment

Two weeks ago a similar piece ("sources say....") would have brought a few derisive posts. I am surprised at this thread other than the op...everyone seems to want to accept this as some credible info. Has Bosh upset everyone?
                  And btw, the NY Daily News should do a bit of research before disseminating what is clearly an undoable trade (according to their own paper)....that Lee becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1. He is not NY's to trade away.
                  I think people should understand that the tabloids in NY are just that...gossip, madeup or purposefully planted stories designed to sell their papers. Gotta keep the beast fed. Even Johnson denied his part of the "source's story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...david_lee.html

Comment

hi bendit. no one is actually saying that this article is true, i think we are all just saying that it could be a viable trade scenario.

another thing i would like to add is i dont think bosh is a max player, considering he is not a vocal leader on and off the court. yes he gives the raps 20/10 on any given night but thats all individual effort. a max player should not carry his teammates, but allow them to grow and help their game improve. if we trade bosh for lee, we get essentially the same guy, plus a wingman, and then hedo can do his work, let jack be the vocal leader and i think we would be a very good team, much like the pistons (billlups, sheed, prince, rip, mcdyess). we know bosh and hedo cant play together, so id rather gamble on hedo (since he's been signed for 5 years) give jack the leadership honors and let bargs run wild on offense.

Comment

Where did this come from? I would absolutely hate to get David Lee in a Bosh deal. That would be a lose lose for the raps. Lee is an average player whose numbers are artificially inflated because of D'antoni's system. You pair up Turk, Lee and Bargs and we will be in the lottery for the rest of the decade.

If Bosh is going to leave, then it means blow up time. Hopefully get a young talent or a first round pick. What is the most any team has ever gotten from a sign and trade anyways?

If Bosh leaves, I say spend that money to buy out Turks contract and we can start from the ground floor. Toronto fans have no problem cheering/supporting rebuilding teams ie the leafs/jays for the last decade.

Ever if it were possible, getting David Lee for Bosh at ten mil a year would be the worst case scenario for the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Two weeks ago a similar piece ("sources say....") would have brought a few derisive posts. I am surprised at this thread other than the op...everyone seems to want to accept this as some credible info. Has Bosh upset everyone?
                        And btw, the NY Daily News should do a bit of research before disseminating what is clearly an undoable trade (according to their own paper)....that Lee becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1. He is not NY's to trade away.
                        I think people should understand that the tabloids in NY are just that...gossip, madeup or purposefully planted stories designed to sell their papers. Gotta keep the beast fed. Even Johnson denied his part of the "source's story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...david_lee.html
                        I think the article mentioned this as a sign and trade which is certainly doable if the numbers and players work because Lee will be available for the Knicks to sign and then trade.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I think the article mentioned this as a sign and trade which is certainly doable if the numbers and players work because Lee will be available for the Knicks to sign and then trade.
                          Aren't you presupposing that Lee wants to come to Toronto & will sign a long term deal at the Raptor's price. As a ufa who is unlikely to get the max. would n't he be better off playing the market to maximise his value especially if some of the big boys dont move? And I write the above not fully knowing the rules surrounding the rights of ufa's and their teams prior to or after July 1.

I am still surprised at the lack of "blowback". There have been many a similar sourceless and "I think..." prefixed pieces about Bosh leaving (last month) which all got the treatment they deserved (many addressed in this forum). I suppose BC & CB shall have to answer this one as well as Johnson did.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            hi bendit. no one is actually saying that this article is true, i think we are all just saying that it could be a viable trade scenario.

another thing i would like to add is i dont think bosh is a max player, considering he is not a vocal leader on and off the court. yes he gives the raps 20/10 on any given night but thats all individual effort. a max player should not carry his teammates, but allow them to grow and help their game improve. if we trade bosh for lee, we get essentially the same guy, plus a wingman, and then hedo can do his work, let jack be the vocal leader and i think we would be a very good team, much like the pistons (billlups, sheed, prince, rip, mcdyess). we know bosh and hedo cant play together, so id rather gamble on hedo (since he's been signed for 5 years) give jack the leadership honors and let bargs run wild on offense.
                            To your opening sentence...this is true. I see you are new to the forums...welcome. But I was making comment about the recent history of such news items in this forum (and should be accessible to you in the "everything raptors" slotting.

I agree that in terms of the value a Wade, Kobe or Lebron brings...Bosh does not matchup. But the market will provide the max if we refuse and we have to go about replacing him. imo, if we consider Bosh to be a complimentary piece, Lee is even less of one (he is not a good defender at all and not terribly athletic). The best option in my view going forward is to retain Bosh and try to move Calderon to upgrade.
                            g

Comment

I think the changed attitude comes from finally realizing how terrible this team is, and our limited room for future growth (unless Demar or Bargs become stars, the 2011 expirings can be leveraged well, and Triano is fired.)

So just a lot less optimism overall, at least from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X