Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

When it became apparent that the status quo — the one presided over by him over the past seven years — was due for a major shakeup, Colangelo chose to step down rather than stand idly by as his decisions were picked apart and discarded one by one.

He couldn’t help but take it personally with each move perceived as a referendum on where he had steered the team.

That he couldn’t stay around is all the proof required that the Raptors are heading for a period of massive change, undoing much of what he had attempted to build.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...nge-is-coming/
    Going on the assumption big changes are coming, when the dust settles tomorrow, what do you hope has happened?

Lowry on the move?

Comment From Rhett
    Hey Sam, hearing anything at all about the Raptors?
    12:59

Sam Amico: It's funny. Hadn't heard anything about them all offseason ... now the buzz about them possibly moving Andrea Bargnani just picked up in a major way. Word is, they could move Kyle Lowry too. So stay tuned. The Raptors are gettin' busy

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cle...51&feedID=3725

Now is the time for the Pointer Sisters: I'm so excited!

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out where management stands with the whole "rebuild vs. tweak" debate.
      I think that will obviously drive everything.

I personally hope they go the path of tweaking, as I believe this team has some good pieces that can be used to build around.

So .. pick up a couple of Late 1st/ early 2nd Rounders, while giving up minimal assets (Bargs, Kleiza, Ca$h etc.)
      Hoping they keep at least Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Amir and JV. Might not be possible though. "Gotta spend money to make money" as they say.

Comment

Whatever happens, I just hope it's done with a congruent short and long term strategy in place, which will be strictly adhered to throughout its implementation. BC's greatest fault was not sticking to any plan, even when he actually did have a solid initial plan set. I understand being opportunistic, but not when it flies in the face of the current plan of action.

More specifically, I hope the Raptors get more talented, younger and out from some of the more burdensome contracts. My preference would be for a longer-term strategy (ie: legitimately competitive for top half of Eastern Conference in 2-3 seasons), which doesn't necessarily mean a complete rebuild (though I wouldn't be opposed to a complete blow-it-up rebuild either). Valanciunas is the only player on the roster that I would consider even somewhat "untouchable".
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jun 27, 2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Bargs and Lowry must be able to return something of value ... but man, we better be locking in on someone to play PG!

Drafting a PG in the first round would ensure tank nation, while trading for an upgrade says - contend for home court.

Rondo?
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Trading Lowry should net us something, but who in the league needs a PG right now and would take him on? Utah would make sense, but it would have to be a part of a S&T for Millsap or Al Jeff.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
              Bargs and Lowry must be able to return something of value ... but man, we better be locking in on someone to play PG!

Drafting a PG in the first round would ensure tank nation, while trading for an upgrade says - contend for home court.

Rondo?
              Don't believe it but aren't gay and rondo tight?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Well, Rondo wanted Rudy in Celtics uniform this past winter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  DeRozan & Lowry for Rondo? That would certainly fall in the 'major tweaking' category...

Comment

The Kings, Pelicans, Jazz, Mavs, Knicks, and (maybe) the Suns are the teams that need a PG like Lowry. Of that list, I doubt Dallas would take on his salary at this point and I don't see the Knicks having anything to return. That leaves Kings, Pelicans, Jazz and Suns. The Suns have problems with their entire roster and Dragic might be better than Lowry anyway, so unless they are doing this as part of further deals, then they are out.

Kings - have some interesting pieces - Jimmer, Jason Thompson, and picks would all be of interest. Not sure they'd give up #7 for Lowry though.

Pelicans - doubt they'd give up the #6 pick for KL, but maybe. Eric Gordon wants out and can shoot (I personally wouldn't want him but I don't know what UM wants)

Jazz - Sign & Trade makes the most sense for the Jazz and they are the team that most needs an immediate impact at the PG slot. If they are already content to let Al Jeff walk, then perhaps a S&T deal works there or with, ideally, Millsap. Also have the #13 and #21 picks to work with.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If we got Rondo I would throw up out of excitement
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        DeRozan & Lowry for Rondo? That would certainly fall in the 'major tweaking' category...
                        It's possible... But... Trading 2 starters to get injured player and trusting medical notes, not really good 1st move for new team's GM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          It's possible... But... Trading 2 starters to get injured player and trusting medical notes, not really good 1st move for new team's GM.
                          I've never been a big Rondo fan and wasn't endorsing that sort of trade, just thinking out loud as to what sort of deal might work for both teams. It's so hard to discuss trade ideas right now, since we have no idea if MU is thinking "tweak to win soon" or "rebuild to win later"... hopefully tonight won't disappoint us fans!

Comment

The only 2 that should be around is Valanciunas and Ross ( although I do like Amir too and wouldn't be opposed to him staying). Everyone else can go.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I ran this on trade Machine 2 days ago and it works beautifully. I like.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X