Raptors Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Awards

Hey since we seem to be in the "everything is entirely speculation" time of the year, here's a list of all the past awards the Raptors have received.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/tea...28/Awards/Type

I know this is nothing new here but I stumbled upon this and it's worth looking at.

Yep, no Raptor has make the All-Defensive First or Second Team yet...
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Calderon would have made an all-rookie team if not for his injury.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea that Bosh actually made the all-NBA second team in 07. Pretty nice accomplishment for a player everyone seems to ridicule now

Comment

He should have won player of the game at the rookie/sophomore game as well. He outplayed Melo but I fell he lost out on it because the league was hyping the shit out of Melo as the next big star.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
          Wow, I had no idea that Bosh actually made the all-NBA second team in 07. Pretty nice accomplishment for a player everyone seems to ridicule now
          I still think he's a very good player, maybe around 4th team all-NBA (and close to 3th). It's pretty easy to compare him with Wade and Lebron and say he's not that good. Those two are arguably two of the best 5 players in the league and one of them is top 10 ever easily and the other a very likely top 50 ever, if not better. I don't think Miami can win this year without him and Wade and Lebron have to be almost twice as dominant and aggressive if he's not around to have a chance (will Wade sustain that for another 10 games?).

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            He should have won player of the game at the rookie/sophomore game as well. He outplayed Melo but I fell he lost out on it because the league was hyping the shit out of Melo as the next big star.
            They hype never stopped. I'd think a New York team with Bosh and let's say Rudy Gay alongside Chandler would be much more dangerous than with Stoudemire and Anthony.

Comment

I would tend to agree. Bosh and Gay are team players.

Comment

we`ve won a couple rookie of the years!
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Well next year we'll be stacked with awards. PJ3/Big V will win ROY and Dwane Casey will win COTY

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Well next year we'll be stacked with awards. PJ3/Big V will win ROY and Dwane Casey will win COTY
                    And Bargnani will win MVP!

Comment

Im not surprised this team hasnt accomplished much as to date. This organization is still in its infancy. On the bright side, there is an entire book to be written and that might be appealing to some people.

Do you guys seriously like PJ that much? i just dont see it cause hes coming off his sophomore season where he didnt really impress if you watched him. i be more inclined to pick a quincy miller if i had to go with anyone from baylor, im not saying that i would pick him, its that he's younger and has more upside. id take pj if he fell to the late first round somewhere in the 15-23 pick range. Im just saying there r a lot more talented individuals we should consider.
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                        Im not surprised this team hasnt accomplished much as to date. This organization is still in its infancy. On the bright side, there is an entire book to be written and that might be appealing to some people.

Do you guys seriously like PJ that much? i just dont see it cause hes coming off his sophomore season where he didnt really impress if you watched him. i be more inclined to pick a quincy miller if i had to go with anyone from baylor, im not saying that i would pick him, its that he's younger and has more upside. id take pj if he fell to the late first round somewhere in the 15-23 pick range. Im just saying there r a lot more talented individuals we should consider.

If we pick 8th ish PJ should be our guy, although i think his stock will likely increase with the workouts, Chad Ford is already drooling all over his nuts. He has too many physical tools to not be a good to great nba player. And as we have seen Casey has no issues getting people motivated.

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                          If we pick 8th ish PJ should be our guy, although i think his stock will likely increase with the workouts, Chad Ford is already drooling all over his nuts. He has too many physical tools to not be a good to great nba player. And as we have seen Casey has no issues getting people motivated.
                          Im hoping that we dont pick him. He was hyped coming out of HS as the next possible KD. he is more of a Anthony Randolph. Id rather go with a Brad beal (ray allen comparisons) if available, or austin rivers who is similar. they both have all the intangibles both are extremely dangerous shooters and it helps to be clutch as well.

Speaking of someone whos stock should increase. Im still sticking with Moe Harkless the guy is a big time sleeper.
                          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            What kind of kool-aid are you drinking, lemme know so I can buy some and be as delusional as you.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                              What kind of kool-aid are you drinking, lemme know so I can buy some and be as delusional as you.
                              Nothing wrong with extreme optimism! Personally, I'd of thrown in Colangelo for EOY but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X