• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight four team blockbuster

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...t-howard-trade

Lets get in on this.
    @sweatpantsjer

Wow, both Nash and Howard to go along side Kobe? That's just not fair.

Whom would you look to get out of that trade though? My first thought was Iggy which quickly changed to Gasol for Bargnani.

Comment

Iggy, yeah.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wilson Chandler?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm not too good at trades (which is why I don't really post trades), but I tried this out on the trade machine:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8k2xx2h

Orlando: Gets rid of a cancer like Howard and get an all-star center in Bynum in return. Their lineup would be Nelson/Richardson/Turk/Davis/Bynum. This is still possibly a playoff team.
          Philly: They can get rid of Iggy who is expendable and in return they get a good defensive small forward in MWP who fits well with the defensive culture in Philly. MWP also provides some veteran "leadership", toughness and presence to their young players (Thaddeus Young, Nick Young and Evan Turner). Hopefully, MWP teaches them things other than elbowing people in the head. They will also get Gallo (a very solid forward who can shoot from anywhere on the court) who can play some minutes in the 3 or 4 spot. Their lineup can be shifted many different ways, but one possible lineup would be Holiday/N. Young/MWP/Gallo/Brown. Another possible lineup is Holiday/N.Young/Gallo/T.Young/Brown.
          Denver: Denver gets an All-star SF in Iguodala who will take up the starting SF position. They don't need Chandler and Gallo (both starting calibre SFs), so they are expendable if they get Iggy. Corey Brewer would be a solid backup to Iggy in Denver, so they can trade Gallo to Philly and Chandler to LA. Denver's lineup would be Lawson/Afflalo/Iggy/Harrington/McGee. This is actually a pretty nice lineup in the West.
          LA: LA gets a lot better. They essentially swapped MWP for Chandler and Bynum for Howard. Chandler is just as defensive minded as MWP and Chandler has a more consistent offensive game than MWP. Howard is a six time all-star and three time defensive player of the year. With a starting lineup of Nash/Kobe/Chandler/Gasol/Howard, it is a very scary lineup that could possibly give the Heat and Thunder a run for their money.

The only way I see why Philly and Denver won't do this trade is to not help LA get so strong in the West. Any thoughts of this trade? Is this actually a possible trade?

We're not in this, but this is might actually be a possible trade.
          Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Thu Aug 9, 2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Philly doesn't do it, in a million years. The want to dump Iggy because they think his contract is too big, so they're going to take back more salary than they send away? Especially paying $7.4 million of it to a now-nearly-useless Ron Artest? They'd be paying more money for worse play.

Comment

This trade is actually is not bad for Lakers despite giving up both Bynum and Pau. They don't need a scoring center. What they are missing right now is an elite franchise-changing defender. And Dwight will fit in beautifully.

If they are throwing out Pau we must get him by all means. He is exactly what we are missing right now to hit the playoffs. A franchise player with elite skills and a role model who will work hard under Casey.

Comment

I actually tried to make one with Toronto in it, but I kinda rushed it, so it's probably a bad trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=92of64l

Philly: Philly gives up an expendable Iggy to help develop their younger players. In return, they get MWP who would provide veteran leadership, toughness and tutorship to their young core. He also fits with their defensive culture. They also finally get a backup point guard in Calderon who might be a defensive liability but will help distribute the ball along with some scoring.
                Orlando: They give up Howard for Bynum. We also trade Amir to them which would help with their depth in PF especially after Anderson left.
                LA: They get a better offensive player in Kleiza who can average 15 PPG and 5RPG in 30ish minutes. He's not as good defensively as MWP but he's average. Kleiza's defensive liability can easily be minimized by Howard's presence. They get Howard who is a multi all-star and defensive player of the year.
                Toronto: We get our all-star SF in Iggy who will thrive in Casey's defensive system while providing some necessary scoring. We only give up Calderon (unhappy with the Lowry trade), Kleiza (expendable asset), and Amir Johnson (Clear some space in the PF department).

Not a great trade, but this is the best trade I can come up with at the moment...

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
                  Philly doesn't do it, in a million years. The want to dump Iggy because they think his contract is too big, so they're going to take back more salary than they send away? Especially paying $7.4 million of it to a now-nearly-useless Ron Artest? They'd be paying more money for worse play.
                  Iggy and MWP actually aren't as far apart as you think. They average roughly the same in the playoffs. MWP had 11.7PPG, 3.5RPG, and 2.3APG. Iggy had 12.9PPG, 5.7RPG, and 3.7APG. There was a period in March where MWP was actually averaging 14.1PPG, 4.2RPG, 2.9 APG and 1.6 SPG. This was when Kobe was not playing due to injury. It's not actually that bad. If you give him a bigger role than just a defensive presence, he can be a very solid starter, so he's not as useless as you think he is. As for paying more money for worse play, I'm pretty sure MWP (playing a more offensive role) and Gallo (amazing scoring forward) will be more than enough to replace the production of Iggy.

Comment

Orlando has stated numerous times that they are not interested in Trading for Bynum, only to go through the same Turmoil next season. Hence why NO scenarios have Bynum going to Orlando.

I find it hard to believe Orlando would do this deal only to get Pau Gasol and Arron Afflalo; for Dwight Howard.

Almost a worse deal then when Shaq got traded for Brian Grant, Lamar Odom and Caron Butler. Actually it IS a worse deal.
                    Better be ALOT of picks coming from Philly/Denver.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Orlando has stated numerous times that they are not interested in Trading for Bynum, only to go through the same Turmoil next season. Hence why NO scenarios have Bynum going to Orlando.

I find it hard to believe Orlando would do this deal only to get Pau Gasol and Arron Afflalo; for Dwight Howard.

Almost a worse deal then when Shaq got traded for Brian Grant, Lamar Odom and Caron Butler. Actually it IS a worse deal.
                      Better be ALOT of picks coming from Philly/Denver.
                      Orlando has to address their center position eventually. If they have no interest in Bynum, there really is no other center out there that would make trading Howard worth while. As for Pau Gasol and Arron Afflalo, I don't see why Orlando would do it considering they already have SGs in Richardson and Redick.

Comment

I think Orlando has to address it's entire roster once Howard is gone sine it was constructed around him.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I think Orlando has to address it's entire roster once Howard is gone sine it was constructed around him.
                          lol +1

Comment

If this type of trade goes through I can't see Toronto getting directly involved, but could still see Toronto throwing out some inquiries after it became official. This trade would mean a lot of money would be locked up on the wings in Denver. Iggy would play SG, but that still leaves them with a lot of depth (and financial commitment) in Gallo and Chandler. Although Denver does get rid of Harrington (hypothetically) I could still see them needing to make another deal due to keep their budget in line.
                            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              Orlando has to address their center position eventually. If they have no interest in Bynum, there really is no other center out there that would make trading Howard worth while. As for Pau Gasol and Arron Afflalo, I don't see why Orlando would do it considering they already have SGs in Richardson and Redick.
                              Affalo is easily top 5 in the league if you look at his overall game. He is definitely worth more than what is being made out here. If they can get Affalo, Pau and some scrap for howard they will take it. They will not get any better deal at this point in a trade which pleases Howard involving multiple teams.

It is the other two teams which will make or break this deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X