yahoo game recap vs orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yahoo game recap vs orlando

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Dwight Howard(notes) kept getting easy baskets, so the Orlando Magic kept feeding him the ball.

It was just that simple against the lowly Toronto Raptors.

Howard had 31 points and 19 rebounds, helping the Magic rout the reeling Raptors 112-72 on Friday night.

“I try to do the best I can to get my teammates involved, so they try to get my involved,” Howard said. “If I have it going on the inside, they continue to pound the ball inside.”

Orlando Magic forward Brandon …
    AP - Jan 21, 10:56 pm EST
    1 of 13Tor-Orl Gallery

Howard went 12 for 21 from the field and had nine offensive rebounds, almost as many as Toronto had as a team (14). He outrebounded the Raptors’ starting five (19-18) and dunked almost at will, scoring off what seemed like an endless stream of lobs from the Magic guards.

“There wasn’t a whole lot of balance tonight, the ball just kept going to Dwight,” Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. “But, I mean, if they’re going to give you layups at the basket, you’re not really going to look for anything else.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2011012119

Stan Van Gundy wrote:
    There wasn’t a whole lot of balance tonight, the ball just kept going to Dwight, but, I mean, if they’re going to give you layups at the basket, you’re not really going to look for anything else.
    Lol...

Comment

Working...
    X