Where is Sonny Weems ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Sonny Weems ?

Do you guys remember him ? the " Young Gunz" !! Some here dared to call them the future of this franchise and hope of the better days !! Where is he now ? What is he doing ?

Those were the days that people drank the Kool-aid from BC and his support here was at all time high. What a turn of events ...

Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Do you guys remember him ? the " Young Gunz" !! Some here dared to call them the future of this franchise and hope of the better days !! Where is he now ? What is he doing ?

Those were the days that people drank the Kool-aid from BC and his support here was at all time high. What a turn of events ...
    I don't recall anyone resting the team's hopes on Weems specifically. But there were people who saw potential in the young players as a group (which included Weems).

Comment

I believe he's still playing overseas.

He was a solid backup when he focused on defense, taking it to the basket aggressively and being in position for spot-up 3's. When he started to fancy himself as a starter with an above-average jump shot (and developed an affinity for long-range 2's), he became easily replaceable.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I don't recall anyone resting the team's hopes on Weems specifically. But there were people who saw potential in the young players as a group (which included Weems).
        You have a bad memory my friend Do you remember suggesting that Big Val can be the same as Anthony Davis in this league ... I have a feeling you forgot that as well.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I believe he's still playing overseas.

He was a solid backup when he focused on defense, taking it to the basket aggressively and being in position for spot-up 3's. When he started to fancy himself as a starter with an above-average jump shot (and developed an affinity for long-range 2's), he became easily replaceable.
          Very True. The problem here was when the team and fans started giving these back ups the respect and space that the stars of the league really deserve and it got into their head. This is why teams like SA are successful. Role Players know their role and will never get the illusion that they are anything more than that and hence will stick to what is asked from them and work hard on improving on those areas.

Comment

he's where he belongs, out of the league.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
              he's where he belongs, out of the league.
              LOL! I thought you'd like this thread. But then again, I underestimated how much you love being the contrarian.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                LOL! I thought you'd like this thread. But then again, I underestimated how much you love being the contrarian.
                I actually thought Weems was one of those bums who fans overrate immensely, there's a long list of them.

Comment

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/HAHAHA
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

You have a bad memory my friend Do you remember suggesting that Big Val can be the same as Anthony Davis in this league ... I have a feeling you forgot that as well.
                    LOL, I never said Jonas can "be the same as" Unibrow, just as I never said Weems is the future of this team.

I said Jonas, despite his lesser athleticism, could be just as important in the reconstruction of the franchise, as Unibrow is to the Pelicans.

Comment

he's at home, A-WASHIN' HIS TIGHTS
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

let me google that for you...

plays for CSKA Moscow.

lets never speak of him again.

Comment

sonny weems has incredible explosive athelticism, as well as a good looking consistent shot. Unfortunately he was an extremely poor decision maker/chucker. He isn't worth being bought out from his contract from cska moscow, which I believe runs until 2015. But he is someone I would consider looking at after to see if his decision making/game has improved after his stint in europe , even though he would be 29.
                          Last edited by akashsingh; Thu Dec 12, 2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                            sonny weems has incredible explosive athelticism, as well as a good looking consistent shot. Unfortunately he was an extremely poor decision maker/chucker. He isn't worth being bought out from his contract from cska moscow, which I believe runs until 2015. But he is someone I would consider looking at after to see if his decision making/game has improved after his stint in europe , even though he would be 29.
                            I'd say Terrence Ross is way more explosive than weems. And Ross is probably better than Weems right now lol

Comment

BC patted himself on the back for picking up Weems. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X