The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

anybody else, checked out that show. I decided to check it out, while because what the hell else are you doing on a sunday night at 10.

I must admit after just finishing watching the season finale it's a pretty good show and i'm eager to see what happens in season 2.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Been watching it from the get go. I've always been a zombie genre fan. This series is top notch. Good story and good acting. I hope they do a second season and it's longer than six episodes. There are some familiar faces in the show from the 90's. The redneck in the show played John Connors in Terminator 2 and the big African American dude was on Family Matters.

Comment

I thought the series was good overall but the season finale was a bit boring. waited 50 minutes for a pretty crappy special effects explosion.

Comment

I thought the season finale served a good purpose. It gave us more information on the disease and the state of the country. The hook has got to be "what did the doctor whisper into Rick's ear before they booked it out of the CDC?"

The explosion effect wasn't that bad. I though it was a little overkill. I was expecting something like the episode before when there was a decontamination. That being, a burst of flames that kills anything in the room but doesn't actually totally disintegrate the whole darn building.

Comment

haven't watched the finale yet, so im ignoring alot of the above posts.. but this show has been phenomenal.

i was worried after the first ep... as great as it was, i was afraid of it being a carbon copy of 28 days later... but it has far exceeded my expectations.. the zombie genre is one i have a great fondness for, and walking dead does it proud

its a shame this season was only 6 episodes

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Been watching it from the get go. I've always been a zombie genre fan. This series is top notch. Good story and good acting. I hope they do a second season and it's longer than six episodes. There are some familiar faces in the show from the 90's. The redneck in the show played John Connors in Terminator 2 and the big African American dude was on Family Matters.
            they've already got the green light for season 2.

Merle is Michael Rooker, Mr. Svenning from "Mallrats".. and also "Slither".. a pretty decent horror-comedy
            His brother Darryl, was in "Boondock Saints"

Comment

Am a big fan of the zombie genre so I have been enjoying this series. Only six episodes though?!

...John Conners, that's where I recognized the redneck from.

Who did the black guy play in family matters? I don't recognize him.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                they've already got the green light for season 2.
                Awesome news. I hope we don't have to wait until next fall.

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                i was worried after the first ep... as great as it was, i was afraid of it being a carbon copy of 28 days later... but it has far exceeded my expectations.. the zombie genre is one i have a great fondness for, and walking dead does it proud

its a shame this season was only 6 episodes
                Actually, a 28 Days Later carbon copy would have been fine with me but I like where they're going with this. I wish there were more episodes to season one as well...

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                Who did the black guy play in family matters? I don't recognize him.
                I thought it was Darius McCrary ("Eddie Winslow") but I was wrong. Looks something like him.

Comment

Actually, a 28 Days Later carbon copy would have been fine with me but I like where they're going with this. I wish there were more episodes to season one as well...
                  i LOVE 28 days later, but a fresh take on the genre is always appreciated.

FYI, Greg Nicotero is involved with the show... not sure how... most likely the make-up department, but wouldnt be surprised if he was involved with the overall production

it's a good sign for any horror venture if Nicotero is involved

Comment

oh... and fans of the zombie genre owe it to themselves to watch "dead set"... its a british mini-series.. basically, it's the show "big brother" with a zombie takeover happening in the world while they're trapped in the house unaware.. great stuff

Comment

LOL, never heard of that one but it's an interesting concept and I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

I'm always looking for something to uproot "Dawn Of The Dead" as my all-time favorite zombie flick.

Comment

I'm always looking for something to uproot "Dawn Of The Dead" as my all-time favorite zombie flick.
                        Agreed!

Both the original and the remake are probably my two favourite zombie flicks. you should check out "Deadgirl" too.. it came out last year.. there's only really one zombie in the movie... but its some pretty demented stuff

Comment

I had a Haitian french teacher and he honestly believed in Zombies. He told all these horrifying stories of family members turned into walking dead vegetables. They didn't eat brains but they could be taught to weave baskets. No jokes.

I love the genre as well. The last two movies I saw were Zombieland and Fido. Both pretty entertaining.

I hadn't heard about walking dead, so I'm putting it on my Zip list now. Thanks
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                            family members turned into walking dead vegetables. They didn't eat brains but they could be taught to weave baskets. No jokes.
                            It just doesn't do it for me... Were the baskets at least cursed?

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                              I had a Haitian french teacher and he honestly believed in Zombies. He told all these horrifying stories of family members turned into walking dead vegetables. They didn't eat brains but they could be taught to weave baskets. No jokes.

I love the genre as well. The last two movies I saw were Zombieland and Fido. Both pretty entertaining.

I hadn't heard about walking dead, so I'm putting it on my Zip list now. Thanks
                              ahh... the mention of haiti reminded me of another of my favourites... wes craven's the serpent and the rainbow... one of the few movies i can honestly say gave me the heebie jeebies

Comment

Working...
                              X