Trading into the 2013 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading into the 2013 Draft

Ujiri has stated that he likes young players and would be willing to make a trade to obtain draft picks in the 2013 NBA Draft.

So use this thread to enter a trade scenario that could potentially return a draft pick in this years draft.

I'll start...

Bargnani for Humphries and #22

Why Toronto does this - to get rid of Bargnani for an expiring contract and a draft pick.
    Why Brooklyn does this - to get an asset back for a guy who was underwhelming last year. Bargnani would be a good offensive weapon off the bench too.

Comment

1) Toronto trade Bargnani + Fields to Trailblazers for JJ Hickson + Babbit + 10th pick

2) Toronto trade Bargnani to Mavs for Shawn Marion + 13th pick

3) Toronto trade Bargnani to Suns for Beasly + pick

Comment

Gay for Dudley, Gortat, #30

or

Gay for Frye, Beasley, #5 and Minnesota's 2014 (top 13 protected)
        (This one is essentially to help the tank)

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          1) Toronto trade Bargnani + Fields to Trailblazers for JJ Hickson + Babbit + 10th pick

2) Toronto trade Bargnani to Mavs for Shawn Marion + 13th pick

3) Toronto trade Bargnani to Suns for Beasly + pick
          Why on earth would Portland make that first trade? Why would Dallas take on more salary for more years for a worse player, while giving up a lottery pick?

Sometimes people offer up the craziest trade suggestions seriously.
          Last edited by Xixak; Fri Jun 7, 2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
            Why on earth would Portland make that first trade? Why would Dallas take on more salary for more years for a worse player, while giving up a lottery pick?

You must be new to this site. He's the ultimate troll...don't take him seriously.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post

I see you're new to RaptorsRepublic. And I also see that you've meet Tenforthewin! You get used to his stupid troll posts. Best thing to do is either make fun of it or just ignore it lol

Comment

I'm wondering what the possibilities are for purchasing a draft pick. What about sending straight cash for one of Atlanta's 2 picks (17 and 18)

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
                  I'm wondering what the possibilities are for purchasing a draft pick. What about sending straight cash for one of Atlanta's 2 picks (17 and 18)
                  I think the Raptors already used that cash on the Rudy Gay trade.. teams are only allowed to use a maximum of $3M once per year. The year resets July 1 and by then the draft is over.

We could trade for a drafted player after July 1 for that cash but then the other team would have to pick for us. I'm sure Ujiri will be looking for a deal like that, especially with a small market team where every penny counts.

Comment

I don't like that option as much because you hand-cuff the abilities you can make come trade deadline time. Who knows what teams will be looking like/for.

Without trading our core playes I think its going to be tough to get into this draft.

Comment

Rudy Gay for Nene and 3rd pick.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kyarplo

Comment

something tells me Ujiri doesn't trade for Nene
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Oops!

Comment

DeRozan for Stucky and #8?

Comment

Working...