No announcement yet.

GT: WSH Wizards @ TOR Raptors 7pm: Novak healthy, emphasis on asts & more JV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT: WSH Wizards @ TOR Raptors 7pm: Novak healthy, emphasis on asts & more JV

So for anyone that didnt listen to...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...shed-identity/

Casey goes on about going to start running a lot more plays for JV in the low post so he can get more comfortable in his offense, Novak will see time now that he is healthy spoke about a JV, Novak, Gay/DeMar, Ross, Lowry line up which I think could be neat-O

But as nice as that all sounds don't tell us Casey show us please! passing the ball should be common sense for better shots, I guess it isn't. Washington has been a terrible team lately but you know the Raptors and their luck with terrible teams, Amir should have a dinner at his place tonight before the game with the team it always seems to make them play better lol.

I better see a Discount Double Check tonight.. ;(

Hoping to see another strong game from Ross, he has been surprising me so far this season

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      Hoping to see another strong game from Ross, he has been surprising me so far this season
      Right? I was hoping that Summer League showing was him just not working all summer and enjoying his NBA money. Guy is earning his minutes, he's showing why he was drafted hes been that shooter/ perimeter defender and freak athlete as televised lately.

Go Ross! #TeamRoss #LetRossDunk #SlamDunkChamp #FlightFuture #DunkCityNorth

Comment

Rapstor4Life, you're our official game thread generator

Comment

So it's clear that since Novak's return, Fields has become the odd man out.

It's unfortunate for him, since he has played pretty smart basketball so far this season. But Novak is just too much of a weapon to let rot on the bench....especially on a roster with such few 3pt marksmen.

Novak = the new Dell Curry? lol

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Or a pre-Dec.13 showcase? I think that Novak ($3.75M / $3.5M / $3.75M) would be a great trade chip for contending teams at the trade deadline. Even if a future 2nd round pick had to be added as sweetener, would he return a late 1st round pick?

As for tonight's game, I think it will be a good measuring stick for both teams. It could also be a pivotal game for the tank brigade (this is one of those tough heart VS head matchups).

Comment

As long as "running plays" doesn't mean "letting the offense get set up then having him post up from 12." I'd like to see some away screens and some pick n' roll action where he doesn't necessarily run to the rim but to the block so he can get good position and make a quick decision before the defense catches up. He's being thrown under the bus by trying to turn him into the Demar of big men.

Novak..... he could be huge for us. I have a feeling that his presence alone might educate a couple dudes on the importance of swinging the ball for open-er shots.

Ross hasn't shown me anything new except for comfort. Everything he's done has been in his arsenal since last year, but I think the game's slowed down a bit for him, which is huge for somebody as explosive and well-rounded. I had some harsh words for him in the preseason and I'm getting my ice cream (see: beer) ready to wash down my humble pie.

I'm hoping Nene doesn't kick the shit out of us as he historically has, and I really want Lowry to get into Wall the way he did with MCW, but it's definitely not the same task.

Go Raps!
              "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Or a pre-Dec.13 showcase? I think that Novak ($3.75M / $3.5M / $3.75M) would be a great trade chip for contending teams at the trade deadline. Even if a future 2nd round pick had to be added as sweetener, would he return a late 1st round pick?
                This is what I was thinking. Fields does not have an easily moveable contract. You would have to take back less value to move him, and he is a good team player. Novak has pretty obvious appeal to contenders.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  So it's clear that since Novak's return, Fields has become the odd man out.

It's unfortunate for him, since he has played pretty smart basketball so far this season. But Novak is just too much of a weapon to let rot on the bench....especially on a roster with such few 3pt marksmen.

which I think has been really unfair. fields was playing really well despite still not finding his shot his cuts to the basket, playing point forward and being our best perimeter defender was invaluable. Casey values fundamentals and our player with the most fundamentals and highest ball IQ (arguably) has been benched. I guess its because Ross has been playing well and Ujiri is stressing development, pretty much a toss up for Casey does he want Fields defense or improve 3 pt shooting and floor spacing?

answer is simple I guess as a coach I would use Novak myself, If Ross comes out wets the bed go to Fields Im too much of a firm believer in DD or Rudy have to be on the floor at all times for this team to work.

Comment

I like the Kyle, Ross, Novak, Rudy and Amir line up. You can hide Novak on the defensive end pretty well with those 4 around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wizards have looked better the last couple games. Should be a fun one with Wall and Beal vs. the Raps perimeter people.

Looking for Val to have a good game after the freeze out in Philly.

Comment

UH OH
                        @JLew1050: Acy (ankle) participated in shootaround this aft, will be a game-time decision tonight. Buycks is away from the team for personal reasons
                        @JLew1050: No word on who (Augustin or Stone) will back-up Lowry tonight with Buycks unavailable. Stone's size/speed could be useful vs Wall
                        I dont trust either as back up point but I guess give it to Augustin, Buycks is probably going to his pops funeral R.I.P Dwight Buycks sr.

Comment

ugh augustine
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Can Fields play back up PG? can we experiment that?

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              Can Fields play back up PG? can we experiment that?
                              I hope so. He is probably their best distributor, and can guard PG's. Don't see why not

Comment

Working...
                              X