Okafor as back-up C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okafor as back-up C?

Was just cruising through the list of free agents, and my eyes lodged on Okafur.
    Seems a plausible option as our back-up center, no?

I admit I have no idea what he was up to last season, has he fallen off dramatically?

Tell me why I'm wrong!

did he even see the court last season? i feel like every part of his body is injured.

Comment

In hindsight, it's pretty funny that there was discussion on who should go first overall in the 2004 draft between Okafor and Howard.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        In hindsight, it's pretty funny that there was discussion on who should go first overall in the 2004 draft between Okafor and Howard.
        I actually just read a little piece by Ford about Howard as a prospect. He had zero skill and wasn't bulked up enough to guard the post yet, people had serious doubts. Apparently he'd take a series of jumpers at work outs and miss every single one lol.

Capela!
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Okafor would be a really good get. He didn't play a single game last year though.

He did play in 79 games and averaged 26mpg the year before that and was pretty reliable. If he's healthy (and that's a big if), I don't think he'll be cheap. He's a backup but he's a center and centers cost money. If he can be had for about the MLE and for only 1-2 years max then definitely would love to have him... just don't see it happening.

Could get someone like Aaron Gray for much cheaper and he'd be more reliable.

Comment

I'd like emeka okafor here or bring back air gray or maybe draft a c in the second round

Comment

Okafor seems like a good get. Injury history concerns me though.

What about Jordan Hill? He seems like a good get despite being locked on the Lakers' bench. Rebounds at an elite rate.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

His injury history is strange. He's very durable when healthy. Doesn't miss a lot of time to nagging injuries. But he's had some bad years where one thing just can't get healed.

Last year he had a herniated disc in his neck. This should be something he can come back from, but it also may be something that resurfaces. If he's over it he should be healthy though, and it shouldn't relaly impact his on-court performance.

I'd really like to get him regardless of his physical issues. The question is at what price? Last year may have impacted his stock enough that he's a low-value free agent now. I would hope that 2-3 million could be enough.

Comment

I'd really like to get him, but I worry he could be quite expensive considering he's still very good defensively.

Comment

Baschinsky
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I find it utterly useless to discuss about free agents when the draft is one week away... We will know more about the team needs after that day than before. If we draft Bachynski, Tavares, Klimenko, we wouldn't need Okafor.

But regarding the player itself, he's exactly the type of player that Ujiri told he wouldn't be looking as a quick fix type of move. I'd rather have Hayes and a rookie than Hayes and Okafor.
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

thing with Okafor is we only need him for about 15 minutes a night and the odd time to hold JV accountable for something. He might relish the opportunity to train under McKechnie, play himself up in value and either stay or move on.

2 years 8 million, second year player option (although I hate those)
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          thing with Okafor is we only need him for about 15 minutes a night and the odd time to hold JV accountable for something. He might relish the opportunity to train under McKechnie, play himself up in value and either stay or move on.

I'd rather give him the full MLE for 1 year. Player options are terrible.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

DanH wrote: View Post
                            I'd rather give him the full MLE for 1 year. Player options are terrible.
                            agree completely with player options. i think masai likes team options. okafor signing a one year and team option is probably his best bet after the missed year last year.

my mom flipped a disk in her back years and years ago and she really needs to be careful still with over exerting herself.

okafor to miami.

Comment

There's another Okafor on the horizon:

Comment

Working...
                              X