Jonas vs USA & doubters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas vs USA & doubters!

August 4th 9:30 am we get to see Jonas play against the big, bad wolf. Team USA. You know it will be on tv for
    Sure. Hope he holds his own and not get shown up too much.
    http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/schedule full schedule

With Chandler being the only true centre on USA's roster, this might actually be a decent matchup at the 5.

Comment

I want to see Davis get matched up with this years #1 pick....and then crush his brow.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        I want to see Davis get matched up with this years #1 pick....and then crush his brow.
        That would be nice, however, since people are saying Jonas would have been selected second don't think the U.S. Coach will do that just in case Jonas does show him up.

Comment

Jonas is not going to be a factor in this game through no fault of his own imo. He won't get many touches on offense because the Lithuanian guards will have great difficulty with the USA's pressure defense leading to easy transition baskets at the other end. In this style of game there won't be much half court offense or defense where a big like JV can show what he can do.

In this case, I'm a doubter.
          Last edited by stretch; Thu Jul 19, 2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
            That would be nice, however, since people are saying Jonas would have been selected second don't think the U.S. Coach will do that just in case Jonas does show him up.
            I doubt Coach K gives two shits about Davis' public perception. If matching big Val with the big Brow is part of his game plan, then that's what he's gonna do.

This isn't a pre-draft workout.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              Jonas is not going to be a factor in this game through no fault of his own imo. He won't get many touches on offense because the Lithuanian guards will have great difficulty with the USA's pressure defense leading to easy transition baskets at the other end. In this style of game there won't be much half court offense or defense where a big like JV can show what he can do.

He's still not getting huge minutes at this level. He does well with the PT he gets however!
              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                I doubt Coach K gives two shits about Davis' public perception. If matching big Val with the big Brow is part of his game plan, then that's what he's gonna do.

Agreed. Doesn't seem to be any benefit for USA Basketball to "protect" Davis's perception.

Comment

I think JV will do okay, but I don't expect him to stand out much or get a ton of playing time. But it'll be a good test for the young'in
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                    LOL wtf are you talking about ?

You think the coach wont play Davis on Valanciunas because Coach K is afraid Davis will be shown up. lol stupidest thing Ive heard. why would Davis even be on the usa team then.

Comment

Agreed. That is one of the reasons why the elder Colangelo prefers a college coach as opposed to an NBA coach - because he does not have an investment on the player's NBA future.

Comment

Shouldn't this be merged with Jonas' thread?

Comment

Are we looking at "Fool's Gold" in bigV? I hope not and hope he is the real deal as being marketing by the RAPTORS MGMT.

But this game against the Big Bad Wolf is not the right place to see his game.
                          It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I know it's not pre-draft but that will surely fuel a major debate about him going first don't you think?

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post

Strange things have happened. Look what happened to them against Argentina!

Comment

Working...
                              X