Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Hitting the ground running... are we ready?... (vs IND Pacers Halloween night)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT: Hitting the ground running... are we ready?... (vs IND Pacers Halloween night)

Casey keeps talking about many aspects he's concerned with on the team... TOs, being blown out in the 1st quarter (and bench saving us)

Do you feel that the team is ready for opening night?

Discuss... and stuff.

1, 2, 3, Pound the Rock!
    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Wed Oct 31, 2012, 12:37 PM.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

The poor starts are a HUGE concern. The hard part is that there doesn't seem to be a visibly apparent cause. For whatever reason, our starters just aren't focused.

Maybe Casey needs a few more Mighty Duck inspired quotes for his pre-game speeches :|

Comment

I've mentioned this elsewhere but my worry is that the starting five is just a step behind the other starting five so we consistently fall behind. When the random lineups are put in we hold our own as our spare parts are better than other teams'. Those random lineups won't get as much time in the real season. Maybe Casey is holding something back and just like the fighter who reveals he is really a lefty, they'll start pounding the ball in to Jonas on all his rolls. Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to seeing how JV matches up against "max money" Hibbert. This will be a recurring theme this month as many teams will trot out an interesting centre but Hibbert seems like a great start. I kind of feel like we can hang with Indy but then I realize that they're being picked 2nd or 3rd because they've been able to make their pieces work. We're just putting them together

Comment

Yea the slow starts are the biggest concern. Better teams won't allow the Raps bench to get them back into the game. They gotta be more focused!

Comment

just play this video before every game

30 point wins every day

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            just play this video before every game

30 point wins every day
            Fuck Charles Barkley.

Comment

My suggestion would be to start Anderson over Fields. Fields has been meh in the preseason and I think AA could be good for the starters. We need some defense to start the game.. and I'm not sure Fields' can deliver. We need a solid defender in the first quarter that is already used to Casey's defensive schemes.

Fields can get more overall minutes but he'd be better off the bench for opening night, IMO.

Comment

I think Indiana will be a great measuring stick for Toronto, as they are a similar team; they have no superstar, but rely on a deep team approach. I look forward to seeing Valanciunas matching up against one of the league's few true traditional C's, in Hibbert. I am also interested in seeing Casey's tighter rotations, to get a feel at what his consistent 2nd unit will look like.

Comment

I wonder if "Frankenstorm" or "Sandy" will have an impact on the NBA schedule. Our game will probably be ok to go, but I can't imagine games being played in some of the east coast cities over the next couple of days when airports, bus lines, trains and the metro all have been shut down... if the aftermath is real bad, this could take couple of days.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                    Fuck Charles Barkley.
                    fuck the poowlease

Comment

I'm just jacked that the NBA is coming back. And no hockey to boot. OHHHHHHH BABY!!!!!
                      Deadallus

Comment

Someone told me there's a chance the game may be delayed due to the Shitstorm? Anyone heard anything like this? I can't find anything.

Comment

Opening night roster is set: http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...-night-roster/

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Someone told me there's a chance the game may be delayed due to the Shitstorm? Anyone heard anything like this? I can't find anything.
                            naw naw homie. It will die down by wednesday fo sho. hopefully it goes crazy tomorrow so i don't gotta go to school

Comment

No Granger!

Comment

Working...
                              X