X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi-Por-Tor

Would you do this trade? I would in a heartbeat:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...move-fernandez

I'm not sure who the author is but would seem to me to have a TOR bias.

CHI: Fernandez (Chicago is one of the 5 teams he reportedly would like to be dealt)

POR: Calderon, J. Johnson

TOR: Pryzbilla, Bayless, 2011 Chicago 1st round.

I would do it for a 2nd round pick or no pick.

done and done

Comment

done and done - sign me up

Comment

Portland gives Pryzbilla, Bayless, AND Fernandez and all they get back are Calderon and James Johnson? Completely overlooking the fact that Portland won't be trading any of their big men given injury history, does anyone think this is a fair deal for the trail blazers?

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          Portland gives Pryzbilla, Bayless, AND Fernandez and all they get back are Calderon and James Johnson? Completely overlooking the fact that Portland won't be trading any of their big men given injury history, does anyone think this is a fair deal for the trail blazers?
          Rudy is thinking about coming back to Europe, he's tired of McMillan. Won't be a bad trade at all to Portland but I'm with you it's still a little unfair...maybe that Chicago's pick to Portland instead Toronto could made it...:/

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
            Hey, I'm in agreement. I would jump on this if BC/TOR but I can't see POR doing it.

Comment

chi just signed kyle and ronnie I dont think they need fernadez

Comment

Why not just forget chicago and deal with Portland.

J. Pryzibilla
                J.Bayless
                R.Fernandez

for

Jose Calderon
                M.Bellenelli
                Dwayne Jones
                2nd round pick or 1st round pick from(maimi)
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

J. Pryzibilla
                  J.Bayless
                  R.Fernandez

for

Jose Calderon
                  M.Bellenelli
                  Dwayne Jones
                  I'd do that too.

Comment

With all due respect, the chances of Portland doing this trade is 0.

Pryzbilla is seriously valued in Portland for his work on the boards and on the defensive end. Plus they need insurance for Oden/Camby if they get hurt. Bayless and Fernandez are both young, talented players with more potential than anyone that they'd receive back from Toronto and more manageable contacts to boot.

Why would Portland want to pay Calderon $8 million to play 12-15 minutes a game behind Andre Miller?
                    Bellinelli is a worse version of either Fernandez or Bayless, minus the potential, and Jones would never crack their rotation. Throwing in a 2nd rounder or a late first rounder does not coming anywhere close to sweetening that deal for Portland.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

Pryzbilla is seriously valued in Portland for his work on the boards and on the defensive end. Plus they need insurance for Oden/Camby if they get hurt. Bayless and Fernandez are both young, talented players with more potential than anyone that they'd receive back from Toronto and more manageable contacts to boot.

Why would Portland want to pay Calderon $8 million to play 12-15 minutes a game behind Andre Miller?
                      Bellinelli is a worse version of either Fernandez or Bayless, minus the potential, and Jones would never crack their rotation. Throwing in a 2nd rounder or a late first rounder does not coming anywhere close to sweetening that deal for Portland.
                      I agree with you 100%...just want to remember that Rudy won't come back to Portland. If he isn't traded, he'll come back to Europe, for sure. He's tired of being in McMillan's dog house...
                      That make the deal a little better to Portland, but I'm not sure that's enough.

EDIT: Despite trading Webster, Matthews signing made it clear for him to go out of the Trail Blazers.

Comment

For sure.
                        I'm not saying that Fernandez won't be moved, and it may even be for less than his "true value" considering that he'll probably just jet for Europe if the Blazers don't trade him... but they're not packaging him with Bayless and Pryzbilla (expiring contract, btw) for a pu pu platter from Toronto.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post

I'm not sure you a) know the history of McMillan and Bayless/Fernandez, b) know Andre Miller's strengths and weaknesses, c) know Portland's game style (slow/half court) and need at PG (shooter), and d) are aware McMillan has already hinted that Bayless and Fernandez are as good as gone.

With that said, I do not think this trade would happen for many of the same reasons you said, however, a Jose Calderon-type PG is exactly what Portland needs.

Comment

Yeah, I would do this trade.
                            Seems fair, we're trading away a bad contract for 2 players + a pick.

Comment

They have plenty of bigs...

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

J. Pryzibilla
                              J.Bayless
                              R.Fernandez

for

Jose Calderon
                              M.Bellenelli
                              Dwayne Jones
                              The reason I prupose this deal...is portland has plenty of bigs and there looking for pg,even though they have andre miller,they never like him..just ask Nate McMillan,also they lost steve blake.....raptors are looking for deals that involves centers..that's one of teams I could think of...maybe clippers Kaman.
                              I dont know...honestly...this team has no direction...15 years of garbage...
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                              X