5th pick - Who was the 2nd option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th pick - Who was the 2nd option?

Did anybody come across an interview in which BC or Casey revealed the 2nd option incase the Cavs picked JV 4th? Just curious....

If not, who do you guys think he was going to pick if JV was already taken, based on his post draft interviews?

IMO, i think the next one on their lists were either Kemba or Knight...

Yes, it was the fan590 interview. BC said we'd of taken Bismack. I'm still pissed Cavs didn't take Jonas V, I really wanted Bismack.

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...24_160400_9972
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Jun 26, 2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Jan Vesely IMO.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        Yes, it was the fan590 interview. BC said we'd of taken Bismack. I'm still pissed Cavs didn't take Jonas V, I really wanted Bismack.

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...24_160400_9972
        Bismack might have worse troubles with his contract...he just walked away from it!!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Bismack might have worse troubles with his contract...he just walked away from it!!
          No he didn't... they are working it out.

Comment

Bismack was their 2nd option?! I'm actually glad we picked Jonas now.....

Comment

Doug Smith strongly felt that the Raps would have chosen Biyombo if JV hadn't fallen.

But I must say that BC has good draft juju - Ed Davis falling last year and now JV. Nice!
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                Doug Smith strongly felt that the Raps would have chosen Biyombo if JV hadn't fallen.

But I must say that BC has good draft juju - Ed Davis falling last year and now JV. Nice!
                Back to back draft steals? Ed was projected to go top 5 and ends up falling to 13, and now we luck out with Jonas falling one spot.

Comment

I'm going on record and saying that the Raptors avoiding Bismack Biyombo is going to end up being a huge victory.

Comment

I read somewhere that BC said they would have traded the pick. Who knows if that's what they would have actually have done. Either way I'm ready to see what big jonas can do over the next few years. Big men take time to adjust to the NBA, and i'm not just referencing Bargnani, this is a fact. Take a look at Noah in Chicago, there was a huge faction of Bulls fans that were screaming to trade him after his first couple years, and now look.

For a fanbase so enamored with the draft, we don't often exhibit the requisite patience that is needed with young players.

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                      I read somewhere that BC said they would have traded the pick. Who knows if that's what they would have actually have done.
                      He said that during the draft, about an hour (or less?) after he made the JV pick and was made available to reporters.

Comment

It was my thinking that it was either Biyombo or Knight. I heard rumors right up until the end about both of them. JV ended up passing 4th and that changed everything.

If he said after that he would have traded the pick that doesn't mean he wasn't going to take either of these guys later...

Comment

I think it would have been Kanter/big Val/Biyombo with the assumption Kanter and Val would have been off the board but then Cleveland did what Cleveland does and the rest is beautiful history
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I wish you could have heard me laughing when the cavs fisted themselves, realize Val was on the board and start screaming at BC to take him
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                            X