I really feel bad for Jonas, DeMar and Ed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really feel bad for Jonas, DeMar and Ed today

Those 3 guys busted their ass tonight but the team still came up short.

Valanciunas - This guy is intense, and he plays hard......ALL THE TIME. He has that fiery KG like attitude in him. You can see it in his face that he wants to win. And this game is probably his best game of the season. The guy didn't back down against a first ballot future hall of famer in Tim Duncan. He's going to be something else in a couple of years. Hopefully the next GM would surround him with some REAL talent.

DeRozan - Raptors best player this year in my opinion. Another great game by him. But what's with the non calls? the guy is getting hacked all the time whenever he drives the ball!! It's seriously getting ridiculous. Credit goes to DeMar though for not shying away from driving the ball even though hes not getting any calls. I know they've sent tapes to the league but i think it's time for Colangelo or Casey to speak up. Forget about the fines.

Davis - 15pts and 14rbs in 22mins. Played his hearts out today while Bargnani played like crap. What would it take for this guy to get some legit playing time?

A few more thoughts:

- Lowry is really starting to irritate me with his shot selection and decision making, specially in the 4th quarter.
    - Raptors should seriously run more plays for DeMar in the post. Specially in the 4th.
    - Bargnani is useless
    - Not really sure what Casey sees in Bargnani.
    Mamba Mentality

Agreed with everything mentioned... These 3 played great.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lowry has been the Raptors best player and I would honestly put JVal as the second best.

As much as Derozan deserves a little more respect from the referees, shooting 11/28 and scoring 29 points is really inefficient. People would talk more about his game except Bargnani and Jose both drop eggs offensively.

Comment

timdunkit wrote: View Post
        Lowry has been the Raptors best player and I would honestly put JVal as the second best.

As much as Derozan deserves a little more respect from the referees, shooting 11/28 and scoring 29 points is really inefficient. People would talk more about his game except Bargnani and Jose both drop eggs offensively.
        You can say that but considering if he got some of those non calls he could have easily scored 36 or 37 on 28 shots. Also I believe up until late 3rd quarter Derozan was shooting pretty well, don't forget Derozan has a 3pt shoot thats rarely respected and you can see that when Derozan drives to the lane, he gets collapsed on by at least 2 guys, one of them being a massive Tim Duncan. His game wasn't as efficient today, but you can definitely not put the blame on him, he played 50+ minutes for the second time this season and his clutch putback allowed us to tie the game.

Comment

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...the_raps_they/

^reaction to bargs from the fans of other teams.

Comment

When I look at a Raps game I see everyone playing good and hard except Bargs.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Those 3 guys busted their ass tonight but the team still came up short.

Valanciunas - This guy is intense, and he plays hard......ALL THE TIME. He has that fiery KG like attitude in him. You can see it in his face that he wants to win. And this game is probably his best game of the season. The guy didn't back down against a first ballot future hall of famer in Tim Duncan. He's going to be something else in a couple of years. Hopefully the next GM would surround him with some REAL talent.

DeRozan - Raptors best player this year in my opinion. Another great game by him. But what's with the non calls? the guy is getting hacked all the time whenever he drives the ball!! It's seriously getting ridiculous. Credit goes to DeMar though for not shying away from driving the ball even though hes not getting any calls. I know they've sent tapes to the league but i think it's time for Colangelo or Casey to speak up. Forget about the fines.

Davis - 15pts and 14rbs in 22mins. Played his hearts out today while Bargnani played like crap. What would it take for this guy to get some legit playing time?

A few more thoughts:

- Lowry is really starting to irritate me with his shot selection and decision making, specially in the 4th quarter.
              - Raptors should seriously run more plays for DeMar in the post. Specially in the 4th.
              - Bargnani is useless
              - Not really sure what Casey sees in Bargnani.
              You've summed up my view to a T here. The thing that really pissed me off was when in double OT, Barg's finally hits a shot, JV shows he cares about the game and has some fire inside, meanwhile Bargnani barely looks like he's sentient. The guy couldn't care less and it's showing. Casey needs to explain why he kept that loser on the floor when Davis was having his best game of the season - getting us offensive boards, attacking the basket, etc.

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post

Haha this was my fav:

Its disrespectful for dirk to call him a poor mans version.
                Hes like the homeless version.
                He's not a version at all. He is his own version of a shit basketball player who doesn't give a fuck
                Thats gold!

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post

Theycallmezz posted to try and get #TradeBargnani trending from Raptors Republic.

A poster on that site called 'Deadskin' posted this: "Fuck that site. The admins there are a bunch of self indignant pantsies."
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

what the hell is a pantsie?

Comment

i feel sorry for the raptors. He's going to sign somewhere else, pull a t-mac and make us look like proper dickheads.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                        i feel sorry for the raptors. He's going to sign somewhere else, pull a t-mac and make us look like proper dickheads.
                        Bargnani? i hope you're being sarcastic man...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Bargnani? i hope you're being sarcastic man...
                          With this franchise's history, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
                          Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
                          Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
                          Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

alexaussie wrote: View Post
                            With this franchise's history, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
                            T Mac was like 20 when we left TO. Bargnani is a fucking 27 year old, no defense playing, no rebounding 7footer that chucks endless three's all game long. This guy is not going to become any better than he is now.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              T Mac was like 20 when we left TO. Bargnani is a fucking 27 year old, no defense playing, no rebounding 7footer that chucks endless three's all game long. This guy is not going to become any better than he is now.
                              Well when you put it that way...
                              Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
                              Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
                              Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

Working...
                              X