March Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Madness

Alright so this is actually only the second year that i actually started watching march madness seriously. I know i might sound/look stupid for asking this but how are the match ups determined? and how are the teams divided, is it like the NBA east and west or is it different? Also when does it end?

Short answer is that seedings are decided by a selection committee.

The championship game is April 2nd.

Comment

Wikipedia has all the answers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_ba...ection_process

Comment

And there is always some disagreement as to some inclusions, exclusions and seedings. A messy business but I think the committee tends to do a fair job. Example... why was UConn selected this year. They had a terrible record. Pedigree?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          And there is always some disagreement as to some inclusions, exclusions and seedings. A messy business but I think the committee tends to do a fair job. Example... why was UConn selected this year. They had a terrible record. Pedigree?
          Returning champs, and the fact they play in the Big East(top conference overall) would be my guess. Not to mention they have 2 players on the team slated to go very high in the NBA draft this year. Ratings never hurt!

Comment

UConn faded badly in the last part of the season but they did beat 5 tournament teams including Florida State, Harvard, Notre Dame, West Virginia (twice), and South Florida.

Comment

Working...
            X