Triano Needs a Publicist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Needs a Publicist

WOW ... first there was this from a couple weeks ago regarding Jay's lack of preparation because of the Men's Olympic hockey game and now this today.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but is this kind of stuff things you should be admitting in public to the media?

Triano said he was worrying about scouting reports he had to take with him for the trip and everything else except for the game against the Sixers the next day.

“Every Saturday night I go home but I don’t go home until I feel good about my coverages and everything,” he said. “When I went home Saturday after I finished my prep I wasn’t thinking about the next day’s game. I was thinking about: ‘Do I have that scouting report from the last time we played Portland?’ so my focus wasn’t good.”

Triano can only imagine what it had to be like for the players who were getting their families settled before embarking on the extended west coast trip.

“We tried at 9:30 (Sunday morning) to go over all our coverages and you could just see we weren’t very sharp and sure enough we made silly mistakes,” he said.
    Source - Click here

I agree this is not a wise thing to do. Its bad enough that he has in-game management issues but to admit publicly a lack of preparation is assinine on multiple grounds nevermind his own resume going forward. I think he has the misguided notion that by doing so he is taking the hit for the players.

Comment

...Ugh... You have got to be kidding me. How on earth can we ever expect the players to be a strong group when the coach isn't doing what's needed from him AND actually admits to it on tape. I wonder what the Raptors would look like if they actually ever decided that they finally wanted to go out and get a proven, effective, ans established head coach?

Is there any chance this guy gets axed in the offseason? I'm sure if Bosh said something like "get me a great coach and I'll sign", Jay would be headed out the door faster than you can say Go Canada GO.
      Last edited by Apollo; Tue Mar 9, 2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

That damn new age psychology. Seriously maybe he should try a confessional its a lot more private and less embarrassing.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Who cares? Oh, I guess obsessive Raptor fans who look for anything to hang on Triano do.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'm often shocked by the things Triano says in interviews. I would like to believe there's some type of psychological strategy behind, for example, not calling out the players for their lack of effort, but I'm not convinced. It always sounds as if he's making excuses for them or pointing the finger at himself, when it seems clear to pretty much everyone else the fault is with the players. Whether it's taking bad shots, not closing out on shooters or just not hustling, I would like to hear the coach identify these things as reasons why the team loses and hold the team accountable. If what we hear in interviews bears any resemblance to what he's telling the team, it's no wonder their level of play has been so inconsistent and their effort often seems to be lacking.

Comment

"...it's no wonder their level of play has been so inconsistent and their effort often seems to be lacking. "

He should take a course in the Scott Skiles school of player & game management.

Comment

fyahmikes wrote: View Post
                I would like to believe there's some type of psychological strategy behind, for example, not calling out the players for their lack of effort, ...
                I HATE it when coaches call players out publicly. It's a stupid, immature move that backfires way more often than it does anything positive. You either keep things behind closed doors, which is what the good coaches do, or you allow everyone to air their problems in the press, which is what happens with bad franchises.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                X