End of Year Raptors Interviews, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Year Raptors Interviews, etc.

Was surprised to see some of this today but thought this might a worthwhile end of year thread as the Raptors are, apparently, already giving year-end interviews. Maybe someone else has time to track down the actual interviews.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ason-that-was/

Some of my favourites.

The delusional:

“Just defence, I don’t have to worry too much on my offensive game, I know that’s going to come. Just defence, once they that down pat everything else will come easy.” – DeMar DeRozan on what he needs to improve
    The "jebus, are we really doing this for another year?" nonsense:

“I proved I can play at that level. So that’s what I expect to do next year, right?” – Bargnani on whether his first 13 games represent the real him
    The not-so-subtle "I can't wait to get out of here":

“That’s something I’m still searching for. … “I’m still searching. Whatever they want me to do here I’m willing to do, but I think I’m still searching.” – Jerryd Bayless on his role

slaw wrote: View Post
    Was surprised to see some of this today but thought this might a worthwhile end of year thread as the Raptors are, apparently, already giving year-end interviews. Maybe someone else has time to track down the actual interviews.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ason-that-was/

Some of my favourites.

The delusional:

The "jebus, are we really doing this for another year?" nonsense:

The not-so-subtle "I can't wait to get out of here":
    Guys can only answer the questions they are presented with. I do not think it is fair to knock the players for answering questions that a bored or impatient writer is asking prematurely.

Comment

The fact that DeRozan wants to focus on defense right now is actually a great positive. Good for him. I hope he takes it to the gym each day and comes back highly improved. You don't get anywhere by going in a million directions at once. He needs to improve in a lot of areas so if his defense gets an upgrade and his offense doesn't change much he's still a much better player.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Guys can only answer the questions they are presented with. I do not think it is fair to knock the players for answering questions that a bored or impatient writer is asking prematurely.
        Didn't realize I was knocking anyone. Was just curious that we were seeing/hearing these interviews already. Presumably more will follow. This is a place to put them.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Didn't realize I was knocking anyone. Was just curious that we were seeing/hearing these interviews already. Presumably more will follow. This is a place to put them.
          My apologies. The sarcastic lead in to the quotes and this line "...the Raptors are, apparently, already giving year-end interviews...." made me misinterpret the intent then. It seemed, to me at least, that fault was being placed on the Raptors for the timing of the quotes.

This is a great thread idea though.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            +1

If i remember correctly, Bargnani was drilled last season on what he thought he needed and should improve on for the following season, and he said he will focus on defense and rebounding and thats what he showed this season, improved defense, improved boxing out.

Thats why sometimes I listen to these players and pay attention to what they say.

Specially this:

Writer: Where do you see yourself next year?
            JJ: In the playoffs, with Toronto.

KABOOM!!!!!!

Comment

I think the raptors will fulfill their promise of playoff basketball

Comment

Meh..same old, same old. This season showed me nothing.

Comment

A season of Casey couldn't impress you, huh?
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Working...
                  X