Colangelo Shares His Two Cents on the Gay Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Shares His Two Cents on the Gay Trade

Not sure if this has been posted already, but just caught this elsewhere.

“I put a high premium on talent and character, and Rudy Gay has an abundance of both,” said Bryan Colangelo, the former Raptors general manager who acquired Gay from Memphis last January in a deal that was widely regarded as a salary dump by the Grizzlies. “Obviously, Pete (D’Alessandro) has a mandate to increase the talent level of his team as opposed to depleting it. This move is a pretty good indication of that.”
    Source - Click here

Nice find.

Talent and character do not guarantee wins unfortunately.

I wonder what Colangelo thinks about effort and chemistry?

Comment

In fairness, he's received his share off pot shots since he's left but that's a pretty good shot of his own. Kind of glad he's not here increasing our talent level anymore

Comment

This is apparently the same reason he passed on Drummond :|

Comment

The lineup sans Rudy and the four Kings was very impressive on Sunday against the Lakers. Lowry, in particular seem to thrive with the ball in his hands more. Maybe it was a one game anomaly. We'll know more after tonight.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            The lineup sans Rudy and the four Kings was very impressive on Sunday against the Lakers. Lowry, in particular seem to thrive with the ball in his hands more. Maybe it was a one game anomaly. We'll know more after tonight.
            huh? none of the traded kings players played on sunday against the lakers.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              huh? none of the traded kings players played on sunday against the lakers.
              Sans means without. I forgot to add Hansbrough, too.

Comment

beaten to the mark
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I agree that Rudy is talented and of good character, but what I noticed about him is that having him on your team is different from how it seemed from afar(before acquiring him). 19 pts, 5 rbs and 2 asts. appears very attractive but what one doesn't look at or may be ignores is his low FG% and a high turnover rate. So, offensively he's not as good as it seems. Got to say that defensively though, he's pretty good.

Overall it looks good for the Raptors. Next season should be a good one.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    This is apparently the same reason he passed on Drummond :|
                    Every time I here Drummond brought up it's like a knife twisting in my side. AD is having a monster year and I'm not shy to say that the has surpassed JV. We could have had both of them too..fak..

Comment

That game was a great example of really good ball movement that didnt' result in much more assists than what we were averaging with Gay. Still if Amir wasn't eating Laker players' lunch in the post we would have lost. Definitely need more time to tell, plus there is a herd of new players coming in.

Comment

That was why we brought him in, to be a drive and kick scoring PG.....he was then systematically nudered by Casey, who has no idea how to get the most out of his players.

Lowry is a top ten PG when allowed to go HAM, and believe it or not, he makes everyone better when he goes HAM

Comment

I believe the best example of this talent and character had to be Hedo Turkoglu.

Comment

On another note entirely, the author of this article looks like a female version of Howard Stern:

Comment

Classic Colangelo. The consummate politician. I am so glad I don't have to listen to this snakeoil salesman on a consistent basis anymore....

Comment

Working...
                              X