Nets, Bulls, Raptors, Remaining Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets, Bulls, Raptors, Remaining Schedules

As of Sunday, March 23rd, 11:59pm, here are the remaining schedules for the 3 teams I think have a shot a the 3rd seed (sorry Washington).

NETS
    Current Record: 37-31 (.544)
    Games Remaining: 14 (7 Home, 7 Away, 3 back-to-backs)
    @*New Orleans (B2B)
    @*Charlotte
    vs*Cleveland**
    vs*Minnesota**
    vs*Houston**
    @*New York (B2B)
    vs*Detroit**
    @*Philadelphia (B2B)
    @*Miami
    @*Orlando (B2B)
    vs*Atlanta**
    vs*Orlando**
    vs*New York**
    @*Cleveland

Chicago
    Current Record: 39-31 (.557)
    Games Remaining: 12 (6 Home, 6 Away, 3 back-to-backs)
    vs*Indiana**
    vs*Portland**
    @*Boston
    vs*Boston**(B2B)
    @*Atlanta
    vs*Milwaukee**
    @*Washington (B2B)
    @*Minnesota
    vs*Detroit**
    @*New York
    vs*Orlando**(B2B)
    @*Charlotte

Toronto
    Current Record: 39-30 (.565)
    Games Remaing: 13 (6 Home, 7 Away, 4 back-to-backs)
    @*Cleveland
    @*Boston (B2B)
    vs*Boston**
    @*Orlando
    @*Miami (B2B)
    vs*Houston**
    vs*Indiana**
    @*Milwaukee (B2B)
    vs*Philadelphia**
    vs*New York**
    @*Detroit
    vs*Milwaukee (B2B)
    @*New York

They all seem to me to be relatively equal in terms of difficulty. Does this change anyone's opinion's of which team is likely to end up in what slots?

For me I think that the Raps stay in third, Nets 4th and Chicago dropping to 5th. Unfortunately, I think that all three teams are very equal... and that the Raps won't end up being the clear-cut third best team in the conference, which is what I was expecting before.
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Mon Mar 24, 2014, 09:16 AM.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

It's quite possible all teams could end with the same record.

Comment

Raps easily have the weakest schedule remaining.

Nets play 4 playoff teams and Minnesota.
      Bulls play 5 playoff teams and Minnesota.
      Raps play 3 playoff teams.

Of the bottom 5 teams in the east (detroit, boston, Orlando, Philly, Milwaukee):
      Nets play 4.
      Bulls play 5.
      Raps play 7.

The remaining 3 games Raps play are versus an Irving-less Cavs and 2 games vs. the Knicks.

Comment

I worry about a 3 game slide against MIA/HOU/IND but hopefully they can take 1. I also think the Raps drop 1 to a rejuvenated desperate Knicks team but I really hope they don't lay an egg in the Boston H2H or Orlando. Honestly I could easily see us dropping to 4th if the Bulls are in the zone but I think we have just enough of a cushion to take the Atlantic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Something like 9-4 over that stretch should get it done and, really, should be the record against that group of teams. Being up in the loss column on both Nets and Bulls helps....

I think the Nets catch the Bulls for sure. 2 games in hand and the Bulls haven't been great over their last ten. Can the Nets go something like 11-3 to catch Toronto? Not likely. Toronto would need to have a let down, which is possible, but I don't think will happen.

Comment

at this point its hard to guess wins for any team. don't think anyone expected the knicks to go on a 8 game winning streak despite playing mostly shitty teams and then get beat by an irving-less cavs.

Comment

I think the schedules favour Toronto of the bunch.. but I could see the Nets claiming that 3rd seed as they've been on such a tear and have a game in hand. Does anyone know if Toronto owns the tie breaker with them?

I didn't like how Toronto played against Atlanta. That should have been a very easy win but instead they had to steal it. Boston is not a good match up... and NY has been playing very well lately. That's 4 games that should be winnable but could be losses. Philly should be an easy win but a 24 game losing streak (or whatever it is) has to bear a toll on that team.. and as such someone could go on fire and beat the Raptors.

Anyway.. the next 13 games should be fun. I'd like to see Amir get some rest and hopefully Patterson comes back rejuvenated.

Comment

9 - 4! PLEASE! We need that franchise record for most wins!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  9 - 4! PLEASE! We need that franchise record for most wins!
                  With this schedule 8-5 would be a fairly big disappointment.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I'm not sure toronto has it easiest. With so many wins out there, it's better to look at the expected losses. Toronto has three in miami/houston/indy. Nets just have houston/miami and have a game in hand. The Pelicans have been playing well of late which makes tonight's game a potentially significant one. Chi just has indy and maybe portland but portland has been stumbling lately. I guess you could say that with all the weaker teams out there, games in hand is the key and to have 2 over chicago certainly helps. Should be a wild finish, especially as the tanking teams amp up there game plan with "injuries". Of our potential wins, I'm a little leery of the boston home and home...so difficult to sweep the same team in three days.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I think the schedules favour Toronto of the bunch.. but I could see the Nets claiming that 3rd seed as they've been on such a tear and have a game in hand. Does anyone know if Toronto owns the tie breaker with them?

I didn't like how Toronto played against Atlanta. That should have been a very easy win but instead they had to steal it. Boston is not a good match up... and NY has been playing very well lately. That's 4 games that should be winnable but could be losses. Philly should be an easy win but a 24 game losing streak (or whatever it is) has to bear a toll on that team.. and as such someone could go on fire and beat the Raptors.

Anyway.. the next 13 games should be fun. I'd like to see Amir get some rest and hopefully Patterson comes back rejuvenated.
                      Last time i checked we were 8-3 in the division and brooklyn was 7-5. So we had the tie breaker at the point. That makes these last games vs boston and new york even more important.

Comment

not sure how realistic it is, and I know its psychological but being a 50 win team would be a nice statement. Need to go 11 and 2 to get it done
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nets will steamroll

Toronto won't even win the division

Comment

Playing teams fighting for a playoff berth is often worse than playing teams already in or out. So, Knicks, Hawks, Cavs, Pistons and Bobcats could be unusually tough games, if those teams are still alive at the time.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Playing teams fighting for a playoff berth is often worse than playing teams already in or out. So, Knicks, Hawks, Cavs, Pistons and Bobcats could be unusually tough games, if those teams are still alive at the time.
                              Well, I don't think so for the Cavs and Pistons, but agree with the premise. Charlotte's also probably pretty secure in their spot, both in terms of going up or down the standings.

Comment

Working...
                              X