Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps Have Interest In TWolves Centre Ryan Hollins (Hoopsworld)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Have Interest In TWolves Centre Ryan Hollins (Hoopsworld)

Source - Hoopsworld

Another player who seems to be the odd man out in Minnesota is center Ryan Hollins. He had his moments last season, playing especially well during the team's season-long five-game winning streak, but with the re-signing of Darko Milicic and the addition of Nikola Pekovic it seems likely Hollins will be moved.

There are several teams that could use a player like Hollins right away. The Phoenix Suns' style of play suits Hollins well, as he can run with the best of them and isn't particularly adept on the defensive end. The Toronto Raptors are also in search of some addition size to help them bridge the gap left by the departure of Chris Bosh. Toronto added a couple of solid prospects in the draft, but neither Solomon Alabi nor Ed Davis is expected to be an impact player right away. Sources close to the situation in Toronto say they have interest in Hollins, and could possibly land him for as little as a future second round draft pick.
    RR OG

Nothing to get excited about here...

Comment

Loren Woods the second?

Comment

What about going after Nathan Jawai again instead?!

Comment

Id rather get Cheikh Samb

Comment

id get jeremy lin. if theres a chance. is there?

Comment

Why bother with Hollins? We have lots of good young prospects.

Hollins has nothing in his game that can be considered an upgrade over working with the kids we have onboard.
              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

My guess is that Dorsey and Alabi will back up Bargnani.

Dorsey is probably heavier and stronger than just about all the centers in the league except for Howard, Perkins and Bynum. While he is a little short his strength and rebounding ability will acquit him well in that role. Alabi if he doesn't wind up in the D-league or in street clothes may get some rotation minutes against the lighter centers.

Of course if Alabi could add another 10-15 pounds of muscle between now and October he might have a legit chance at getting some serious backup minutes depending on how he plays in October against the real NBA players.

Just my opinion
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  What about going after Nathan Jawai again instead?!
                  hey, he wasn't the first reincarnation of shaq we signed. remember garth joseph?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Joseph

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think he would be a decent pick up. From summer league I don't think Alabi is ready for the NBA yet. With Bargs/Amir starting, you have Ed Davis as your third big coming off the bench and you use Ryan Hollins as foul insurance (think of him as Rasho's replacement).

Reggie Evans/Joey Dorsey should be relegated to minutes in garbage time or when we need rebounds, but they are too much of an offensive liability to get real minutes.

Comment

Ryan Hollins..LOL!!!

What this franchise has become...emabarrasing...Ryan Hollins,what a Joke!!!
                      This franchise will be lucky 2 win 10 wins...RYAN HOLLINS=RAFEAL AROUJO
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        My guess is that Dorsey and Alabi will back up Bargnani.

Dorsey is probably heavier and stronger than just about all the centers in the league except for Howard, Perkins and Bynum. While he is a little short his strength and rebounding ability will acquit him well in that role. Alabi if he doesn't wind up in the D-league or in street clothes may get some rotation minutes against the lighter centers.

Of course if Alabi could add another 10-15 pounds of muscle between now and October he might have a legit chance at getting some serious backup minutes depending on how he plays in October against the real NBA players.

Just my opinion
                        Yea make Alabi take steroids.

Comment

Working...
                        X