Are the Raptors really that bad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Raptors really that bad ?

Honestly, now that we are at the half way point of the schedule with a record of 15-26, this team could easily be above .500.

When you factor in the recent breakdowns in Milwaukee, Chicago & Philly as well as the fact the Raptors blew at least 3 games in the 4-19 start , the team would be sporting a record of 21-20.

This team has potential if it continues to play hard every game. Trade talk is cheap. I like the Bargnani I saw at the beginning of last year... not so much the one I saw at the beginning of this year.

We need the Bargnani that we saw at the beginning of last year. He would make this team so much stronger. As for Calderon, resign to a reduced contract. He deserves at least that.

We should only trade if we are going to bring in a A level player that will immediately improve our team. Please no trading for draft picks. We are too young as it is.

In brief: no, they aren't that bad, they are +- 6 wins better than the current record, 8th spot contender, which lacks experience or developed talent.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

They are as bad as they are...and that's not too bad. Sure there were games we blew but to reverse those, you'd have to reverse the games other teams blew to us. Yeah, they missed the foul on Amir but he would have to have hit both free throws just to send it to overtime. Not a done deal. But, bad luck and injury aside, we are where we should be..2 games out of 9th (9th, not 8th) still counts as fighting for a playoff spot. Who really expected more? We are not good enough to win but we are good enough to not lose by as much as other teams think...which, ironically, will produce wins. And, we're getting better as the season goes on, not worse.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
        Honestly, now that we are at the half way point of the schedule with a record of 15-26, this team could easily be above .500.

When you factor in the recent breakdowns in Milwaukee, Chicago & Philly as well as the fact the Raptors blew at least 3 games in the 4-19 start , the team would be sporting a record of 21-20.

This team has potential if it continues to play hard every game. Trade talk is cheap. I like the Bargnani I saw at the beginning of last year... not so much the one I saw at the beginning of this year.

We need the Bargnani that we saw at the beginning of last year. He would make this team so much stronger. As for Calderon, resign to a reduced contract. He deserves at least that.

We should only trade if we are going to bring in a A level player that will immediately improve our team. Please no trading for draft picks. We are too young as it is.
        Well every team in the league can factor in unfortunate situations, break downs, bad starts or periods etc. And when we add that into consideration and factor it against the Raps, we find out the Raps are exactly what they are.

The best bad team in the league, without a lottery pick next year, and doing their best step into mediocrity.

Comment

I'd say where we are right now matches the talent level.
          ...However, the youth has potential. Valanciunas, Boss Davis, Ross and Derozan have shown that in a few years this could be a Memphis-Indiana type team. Right now, for me these are the four guys to need minutes and experience together.

Comment

well i'll put it this way

We aren't as bad as the Lakers.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post

Yes, we're that bad.

All those close losses happened because we're bad. Good teams have players who step up in crunch time and make plays. Good teams don't need to be playing at 100% efficiency to win games. Good teams find ways to win even when playing poorly.

As for Bargnani, the player we saw last year was an anomaly. We'll never see that player again. This I guarantee.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                As for Bargnani, the player we saw last year was an anomaly. We'll never see that player again. This I guarantee.
                I love how everyone still talks about those 13 games. As I said at the time, the guy has had stretches like that every year. Each season the guy has a 10 or so game stretch where he looks decent but he: can't sustain it; get injured; regresses to the mean. You will probably see that player again. The problem is that it will only be for about 13 games.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Yes, we're that bad.
                  I don't completely agree with you, but you still made me laugh.

Comment

We're a young team who has had our "best" player go out for most of the season (Bargs), Our "second best" player go out for a stretch (Lowry), and out best prospect go out for several weeks (Jonas). That is a recipe for losses. If Bargs come back and plays well and Jonas does the same, how much better is this team? Or if we turn Bargs into a good bench player?
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

WE ARE NOT A GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM IN THE NBA! point blank period .

Comment

No we are not that bad. The Lakers are that bad, and we just beat them on sunday.
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

no not that bad

just not that good either

best of the worst

maybe worst of the average

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                            Well every team in the league can factor in unfortunate situations, break downs, bad starts or periods etc. And when we add that into consideration and factor it against the Raps, we find out the Raps are exactly what they are.

The best bad team in the league, without a lottery pick next year, and doing their best step into mediocrity.
                            +1

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, they missed the foul on Amir but he would have to have hit both free throws just to send it to overtime.
                              Actually it was 1 shot to tie, both to win. But you are right, every team has those missed opportunities. I think if this team was healthy we could possibly be an 7 or 8th seed.

Comment

Working...
                              X