Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft day is here!

***mods feel free to merge elsewhere***

You know it is draft day when DraftExpress.com takes forever to load.

Final answer time assuming the Raptors keep their pick:

1) who do you realistically see them drafting at 8?
    2) realistically speaking again, who do you want them to draft at 8?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jun 28, 2012, 08:21 AM.

1) one of Barnes, Lillard, or Waiters
    2) Barnes

***In my opinion, the key to the draft is Andre Drummond. If he goes top 7, one of Barnes, Lillar, or Waiters is on the board for Toronto. If he slides, this season was a difficult pill to swallow***

Comment

I'm with you on both. Any of those three would be nice.

As I mentioned in another thread, I think Nash will be a Raptor, and if so, it comes down to how fast they're looking to make playoff waves. If you assume they're hoping to do so during Nash's contract, then I think Waiters makes more sense than Lillard right now. But I can see Lillard possibly being a solid starting PG in the league, so do they take an immediate contributor in Waiters as a 6th-man/microwave and hope to grab their 1 of the future later, or take a semi-safe long-term pick in Lillard?

I don't mention Barnes because I really don't think he's there at #8. He's been conspicuously absent from most draft rumours the past few days, and I think that's because teams in the 2-6 range want to keep their true interest quiet. If he drops, you take him and run. Then again, if you have a fairly certain idea you're getting Gay, maybe you don't bother with Barnes...

So many questions... 7pm can't come soon enough.
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        1) one of Barnes, Lillard, or Waiters
        2) Barnes

***In my opinion, the key to the draft is Andre Drummond. If he goes top 7, one of Barnes, Lillar, or Waiters is on the board for Toronto. If he slides, this season was a difficult pill to swallow***
        I agree with you, but I don't see 7 teams passing on an 18 year old 7 footer. Too high a reward not to take that risk, maybe not at 2, but definitely at 7.

So I guess we'll get what's left of Barnes, Lillard and Waiters... I would have said Waiters until this morning were rumors stating that teams 4-7 were high on him got me into thinking that we might end up with Barnes (considering Lillard would go to POR). I'm more than fine with Barnes : whatever his potential is, the kid has been well known for years and his NBA debuts will be watched.

With Jonas and him as our rookies next year, US medias will have to pay attention to our Raps. That means more broadcasting, which leads to TOR being seen as a good place to land among players, which leads to good free agent signing here, which leads to 10 championships in a row. Just like that.

Comment

I'm sold on Waiters, unless Barnes slips. But this situation kinda reminds me of last year with Kemba Walker and Brandon Knight.. they both fell quite a bit, and BC made an unpredictable pick. Should be exciting tonight, buckle up folks!

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            I'm sold on Waiters, unless Barnes slips. But this situation kinda reminds me of last year with Kemba Walker and Brandon Knight.. they both fell quite a bit, and BC made an unpredictable pick. Should be exciting tonight, buckle up folks!
            As I'm sure you remember, CLE was suppose to take JV but then the buyout issue arose last minute.

I think the equivalent this year might be MKG being available at 8 - lol. Could you imagine the bricks sh!t in Toronto if that came to pass?

Comment

I think it will be between Lillard and Waiters. Their names seem to be out there the most and not just associated with the Raptors, but also with teams like Clevland, Sacramento and Portland. It could be that all the smoke screens have gotten into my head and making me paranoid, but I'm starting to think it's all a poker bluff and people are hyping these two guys up in the hopes somebody bites on one of them a little higher than they should in order to make a true favourite of theirs drop. Either way I would be happy with either guy and I'm like the idea of Drummond more and more. I think even if Drummond doesn't reach his potential the combination of him and JV playing next to each other will solidify our front court. Two near 7 foot guys with that kind of strength and athletic ability will have an advantage over a lot of teams that can't put the same quality of front court on the floor (Philadelphia, Atlanta 2 eastern conference playoff teams come to mind). We'd be one elite wing away from being scary imo.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I think the equivalent this year might be MKG being available at 8 - lol. Could you imagine the bricks sh!t in Toronto if that came to pass?
                That would be awesome. But almost as much of a hopeless prayer as Beal dropping.

I'm still hoping for Lillard though, he's the 3rd best player in this draft, behind Beal and Davis. Yes, I'd take him over MKG. But I'd be pretty happy to get MKG.

So Lillard all the way.

My board is: Davis, Beal, Lillard, MKG or trade down for Will Burton., if no trade is possible, then take a look at Henson or Sullinger.

2nd Round, I like Jae Crowder, Scott Machado and Kostas Papanikolaou.

If, god forbid, we draft one of the four horsemen of failure, Rivers, Barnes, PJIII or Drummond then these 2nd rounders will likely end up more significant additions.

There's going to be a lot of undrafted players this year worthy of a training camp invites. No doubt the Spurs already have a list, I hope the Raptors do to.

In summery:

Fantastic four: Davis, Beal, Lillard, MKG (the creme de la creme)

#FAIL four: Rivers, Drummond, PJIII, Barnes (one way ticket to bust city)

Fairly good Four: Sullinger, Henson, Barton, Crowder (will help your rotation)

Take a chance two: Machado, K-Papa (you can't win if you don't play)

Comment

Happy Draft Day everyone!!

Should be an exciting day!! (And a VERY low production work day.)

Comment

Based on everything I've read it probably will be one of Rivers, Waiters or Lamb. Personally I still like Barnes a lot and it's probably because I got to see him play a lot more than the other guys. That's not an air tight case to draft Barnes if he's even on the board still but I am a lot more comfortable with him. Based on what I've read Waiters looks to be a stud. I think Rivers has all the tools to be a great pro and he had a great upbringing. Lamb, I wasn't happy with his interview personally.

Comment

i am not sold on anyone actually. Since we didnt go top 5 because stupid teams tanked at the end of the season we really miss out on some game changers. Karma would say someone will drop to us but I expect a trade down to get a PJIII or Marshall

Comment

No one is mentioning Ross. He's on my list. His biggest issue is a slight frame.
                        If Lillard, Barnes, Waiters are gone I would pick between Ross, Lamb, Rivers.

Comment

i just hope we get one of the top 7, davis, robinson, beal, mkg, barnes lillard or drummond... we get one ill be happy if not ill settle for waiters.... 2nd round i love jae crowder would be awesome player to add for us and also either henry sims or robert sacre as our 3rd c as a project basically.. i would be too happy if we got 2 of those 3 players in 2nd round

Comment

PJ III also has been red flagged with a knee issue.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...gs-sources-say

Comment

2nd round picks are exciting this year too. At 37, I like any of the following:

Machado
                              Barton (although his stock has risen considerably and likely 1st round)
                              Jenkins
                              English
                              Doron Lamb
                              Cunningham
                              Murphy
                              Johnson

There are a lot of great options at SG.

Comment

Working...
                              X