Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade deadline wishlist.

My biggest concern with the raptors is

1. lack of stretch 4 (don't anyone say bargnani that's a joke)
    2. lack of veteran centre.

so realistically I hope we get :

1. josh smith, very far second choice: millsap

2. timofey mozgov (nuggets)

who or what does everyone else want? I don't want pau gasol, if there is a chance we can make a deal for josh smith, even with his expiring contract.

until something like this goes down, I refuse to remain enthusiastic about the team...

ridnour
    gasol

did want sullinger but just learnt about his back so now it's a no no

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      My biggest concern with the raptors is

1. lack of stretch 4 (don't anyone say bargnani that's a joke)
      2. lack of veteran centre.

so realistically I hope we get :

1. josh smith, very far second choice: millsap

2. timofey mozgov (nuggets)

who or what does everyone else want? I don't want pau gasol, if there is a chance we can make a deal for josh smith, even with his expiring contract.

until something like this goes down, I refuse to remain enthusiastic about the team...

Rudy Gay is your stretch 4! At least that's how he's played the last two games... yeah, a conventional SF but on this team that's how he is utilized. So... no, the Raps do not need a stretch 4. And another "no" to your second point. Gray is doing well till Jonas develops. Our team biggest need is a conventional low post- back to the rim 6-10 body - either a PF or a C. The one you could throw your ball in and play the "in and out" game. This type of offense is the only missing component and our greatest need.

Comment

I would be ecstatic with some kind of multi-team deal where we end up with Pau Gasol and Ramon Sessions/Ridnour....I need to look more at what backup PGs might be available

*stretch 4 much less important than low-post player, and if we can get Gasol and a backup PG who's a decent passer, that should go a long way to help make sure the ball keeps moving.

Comment

1. Al Jefferson

Comment

1. pass-first veteran PG (ie: Ridnour)

2. starting PF - move Johnson to backup PF, but could also play at C with the new PF too (ie: Millsap)

Distant #3. upgraded veteran C (to start while Valanciunas improves on the 2nd unit; Gray would likely have to go)

LINEUP (with #1 & #2 addressed)

C: Gray, Valanciunas
            PF: Millsap, Johnson
            SF: Gay, Fields
            SG: DeRozan, Ross
            PG: Lowry, Ridnour

Comment

The other thing about Millsap, and I suppose Jefferson if Utah wants to trade him instead, is that Utah is trying to free up space for Favors and Kanter to play more minutes. Both have expiring contracts and Jefferson's is bigger, I think that's why it's assumed they'll keep him. For Millsap, I don't know that they'd want to take back long term money in Bargs, or another big for that matter, though one could see the logic of locking down a stretch 4 to play with Favors and Kanter....Tough situation to read....

Comment

I would love to have milsap especially if we trade bargs and a wing for him

It seems unlikely though so my wishlist is really just to get rid of bargs

Comment

Why you guys would rather get Millsap than Jefferson? We need another big, not another undersized power forward

Comment

I'm thinking someone like David West rather than Gasol or Milsap. I'm not sure what his status is with Indiana though.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

A low post scorer - takes pressure off the wings, especially in crunch time
                      Backup pg
                      More picks
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Terrence Ross for Larry Sanders , make it happen BC lol.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                          Terrence Ross for Larry Sanders , make it happen BC lol.
                          That plays with my emotions. I love Sanders, but I love Ross.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Who i want? Al Jefferson

Realistically? i'll be happy with a 1st round pick in exhange for AB.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Who i want? Al Jefferson

Realistically? i'll be happy with a 1st round pick in exhange for AB.
                              +1.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X