SI.com says Raptors winners at World's Basketball Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI.com says Raptors winners at World's Basketball Championship

SI.com: Toronto Raptors -- Anyone who watched Turkoglu's play for Turkey -- he looked more like the impossible-to-defend swingman from the 2008-09 season with Orlando than the malcontent player the Raptors paid $9 million last season -- knows Toronto has to be annoyed. But the Raptors, who shipped Turkoglu to Phoenix this offseason, can feel at ease knowing they have Kleiza and Leandro Barbosa coming in. Lithuania's Kleiza, 25, averaged 19 points in the tournament and looks to be worth every nickel of the four-year, $20 million deal the Raptors handed him in July. Meanwhile, Brazil's Barbosa, whom Toronto acquired in the Turkoglu trade, averaged 16.2 points and was one bucket away from knocking off the U.S. in preliminary play.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0zXAzZoHE

The concensus on Raptors Republic has been saying this since the trade and signing went down. The FIBA tournament which has now been over for two days substantiated it.

Nothing new here

However, Its nice to see that SI finally got one right.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

When this will be translated to wins on an NBA court, that's when the Raptors organisation can feel like winners.

Tyson Chandler (whom the Raptor's almost got) was like one of the worst players for team U.S.A and almost had no impact on the team so what?! who cares?! it doesn't mean he will have a bad season in the NBA.

Comment

Kleiza wouldn't have even made Team USA and got shut down when he played them..............I'm not sold on him as the Rap's starting SF. A good guy to have off the bench but his game won't translate with the NBA rules as well as in Europe or FIBA play.

His post up game takes too long to develope plus his post moves, handles, passing in the post are suspect against better athletes on the NBA level. Kleiza is a stretch 4.......who should add spark off the TO bench unless BC dictates that he start due to his contract. I hope training camp play decides the rotation not contracts or the idea to showcase talent ie Jose, far a potential future trade.

I think that Barbosa will have a bigger impact in TO than Kleiza will- time will tell.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          Kleiza wouldn't have even made Team USA and got shut down when he played them..............I'm not sold on him as the Rap's starting SF. A good guy to have off the bench but his game won't translate with the NBA rules as well as in Europe or FIBA play.

His post up game takes too long to develope plus his post moves, handles, passing in the post are suspect against better athletes on the NBA level. Kleiza is a stretch 4.......who should add spark off the TO bench unless BC dictates that he start due to his contract. I hope training camp play decides the rotation not contracts or the idea to showcase talent ie Jose, far a potential future trade.

I think that Barbosa will have a bigger impact in TO than Kleiza will- time will tell.
          You are one negative dude man; I can see why you declare you are not a FAN!!
          No one is ever good enough for you, and everything that happens that you don't like is blamed on B.C. because apparently he is President, GM, Assistant GM, coach and assistant coach so he makes every decision. Kleiza will start you can bet on it and he will not start because BC mandates it but because he is the best SF the Raptors own, and BC signed him to a very good contract for us.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
            You are one negative dude man; I can see why you declare you are not a FAN!!
            No one is ever good enough for you, and everything that happens that you don't like is blamed on B.C. because apparently he is President, GM, Assistant GM, coach and assistant coach so he makes every decision. Kleiza will start you can bet on it and he will not start because BC mandates it but because he is the best SF the Raptors own, and BC signed him to a very good contract for us.
            He's not a starting NBA SF in my mind if he starts at SF for TO the defense will be really weak on the wing from Kleiza. BC aka Bull Chit took TO from from Division champs in 2006 and turned them into Conference chumps for 2010- do the full math.

Btw- here's some positivity just for you:

Last edited by SirChillyMost; Tue Sep 14, 2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X