Expendables 4 & TV Spin-off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expendables 4 & TV Spin-off?

The Expendables 4 has been slowly in the works for a little while now, with some of the franchise stars pushing Sylvester Stallone to continue working on a sequel (Jason Statham has been very vocal about a fourth Expendables film).
    Several new actors are up for roles in The Expendables 4, as is the case with every sequel in the franchise (the cast expands outward with action stars every time). This time, Pierce Brosnan, Hulk Hogan, Jackie Chan and Manny Pacquiao are some of the names rumored to come aboard for round four.
    As well, The Expendables 4 will be rated R, after toning down the violence to PG-13 levels in The Expendables 3 left some fans upset. Stallone himself confirmed this, saying:
    "Absolutely unequivocally yes. I believe it was a horrible miscalculation on everyone's part in trying to reach a wider audience, but in doing such, diminish the violence that the audience expects. I'm quite certain it won't happen again."
    Expendables 4 does not have a release date as of yet, but the film may release sometime in 2017.
    According to Master Herald, there have been rumors that after Expendables 4 hits theaters, a TV spin-off would appear, featuring various TV action stars similar to the action movie heroes who populate the film (say, Chuck Norris and other TV heroes). But Master Herald also makes a very important point- according to several experts, the stars of the Expendables films may be too old to perform these kinds of stunts and action sequences on a regular basis (weekly, for a television show). Because of that, Master Herald assumes that a TV Expendables spin-off would not last very long. But can the same be said of the film itself?
    As well, the franchise is rumored to start expanding out with more spin-offs besides a TV one. A horror film version of The Expendables has been rumored, along with an all-female spin-off titled The ExpendaBelles.
    http://www.vcpost.com/articles/61156...s-jeopardy.htm

In summary, they're going to smother you in Expendable franchises until you get bored and stop paying attention.

I should probably make a point of seeing the First one then ...

Comment

I saw the first one and got bored pretty quickly. I watched the first half of the second one and I couldn't take it anymore so shut it off. Didn't even realize there was a third one.

Feels a lot like the Scream franchise to me.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I saw the first one and got bored pretty quickly. I watched the first half of the second one and I couldn't take it anymore so shut it off. Didn't even realize there was a third one.

Feels a lot like the Scream franchise to me.
        Or Saw. I saw the first 2 Saw movies and then couldn't believe when I saw there was 10 of them. Haha Or however many they made.

Comment

I watch them for the nostalgia spectacle of it all. All my boyhood action movie heroes teaming up for ridiculous over the top battles. Come on, whats not to love there?

If you like Fast & Furious movies then Expendables shouldn't be below you... LOL

Comment

Working...
          X