Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry in the bag. Now we need 2Pat, GV, a backup center, and Vince Carter! Trade Lou Williams..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry in the bag. Now we need 2Pat, GV, a backup center, and Vince Carter! Trade Lou Williams..

Imo now that Lowry's out of the way we need to sign 2Pat & GV to bring all the boys back together. That said I loved our team last year but I always felt we needed a defensive minded backup center (not named Chuck Hayes) who could guard the paint and give JV adequate rest. We also needed an offensive vet SG (enter one Vincent Lamar Carter) coming off the bench to add points because Salmons was launching up bricks at key moments ad nauseam. I like sweet Lou Williams over Salmons but think he's undersized as a SG and is a bit of a chucker, having VC there would electrify the fans and this team at crucial points during games. Lastly I felt if we could also add a long lean defensive minded SF to backup Ross we would really be set for this coming year. I don't know if we could squeeze all that into our budget but a guy can dream.

As tough as it would be I think we could possibly get all of that done (2Pat, GV, VC, backup C & SF) with our remaining cash plus trading the expiring contract of Sweet Lou and another player (Hands bro?). We're also in a great position with all of our other expiring contracts for the trade deadline- Hayes, Fields, and even the mighty Amir. Thoughts?

I'd honestly keep Lou (I really like his expiring). But we do need to resign PP and GV. I'd toss the vet min at VC and see if he takes it, otherwise I have no problem with our current roster. We don't really have the flexibility to get a big name this summer, so next summer is where I see MU making a move.

Comment

We already have backup center on lock.

Amir is gonna get minutes there, as is Bebe. There's also Hayes for spot minutes.

I co-sign on bringing back GV and PP though. Not sure Vince is a necessary signing. There wouldn't even really be enough minutes for him.

Comment

"@BrightSideSun: Interesting. RT @RHillskills: According to report, Suns after Patrick Patterson, 6-9 4-man who shot 41% from 3 after trade to Raptors."

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
          "@BrightSideSun: Interesting. RT @RHillskills: According to report, Suns after Patrick Patterson, 6-9 4-man who shot 41% from 3 after trade to Raptors."

Damn you Suns!!!

Comment

Sportsnet morning on air presenters and thier online articles are taking the 15 in Lowry's pic along with his word pretty literal.

My dream and opinion in some thread back in may was the band back + VC and Thabo, now I'm going to say Bruno, Bebe, Sweet lou is real nice

+ VC or Thabo is almost unreal, and not impossible

Comment

Man I didn't even realize 2Pat shot 40%+ from 3... wow.

Comment

I read Orlando is looking to give Patterson a starting job and pay 25-30 mill for 4 years. If this is true Patterson is as good as gone. Smh. I KNEW they would overpay for him.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Suns are talking to just about everyone in FA. First they have to tend to the major task at hand which is Eric Bledsoe.
                  Bledsoe is going to want Lowry money or better.
                  THey also have to decide on PJ Tucker and how much he gets.
                  Then they can get to kicking the tires on PPAT.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    I read Orlando is looking to give Patterson a starting job and pay 25-30 mill for 4 years. If this is true Patterson is as good as gone. Smh. I KNEW they would overpay for him.
                    Yikes. Yeah if this is true, no way we resign him.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                      Do we let him go if that's the offer? 4 year $25M is barely above $6M per year, and seems like excellent value for PPat. Even 4 years at $30M isn't so bad when you look at what PPat brings to the table. I'd hope there are some team options in there, and I'm not sure how badly it would affect our future free agent hunt, but I don't think you let PPat walk if that's the offer. PF's that play defense, rebound, shoot 40% from 3, .559 TS%, and can score at will off the pick n pop do not grow on trees. PPat bailed us out when our offense was sluggish in so many games. A GV, Lou Williams, PPat bench unit would be able to score and score a lot.
                      Once the offer starts going over $8M then I am reluctant to match. I assume Masai will at least get a sign and trade out of it since PPat is restricted, but I really wouldn't mind bringing him back at $6-7M per year.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        Do we let him go if that's the offer? 4 year $25M is barely above $6M per year, and seems like excellent value for PPat. Even 4 years at $30M isn't so bad when you look at what PPat brings to the table. I'd hope there are some team options in there, and I'm not sure how badly it would affect our future free agent hunt, but I don't think you let PPat walk if that's the offer. PF's that play defense, rebound, shoot 40% from 3, .559 TS%, and can score at will off the pick n pop do not grow on trees. PPat bailed us out when our offense was sluggish in so many games. A GV, Lou Williams, PPat bench unit would be able to score and score a lot.
                        Once the offer starts going over $8M then I am reluctant to match. I assume Masai will at least get a sign and trade out of it since PPat is restricted, but I really wouldn't mind bringing him back at $6-7M per year.
                        Agreed!
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                          I think the Raps and Masai were envisioning more along the lines of 4yrs at $20-24M. I think he's worth $6M, after that he gets a little steep for the 7th or 8th man. If the Orlando rumors are true he's gone..

Comment

I'd do Thabo at the MLE
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Raps76 wrote: View Post
                              I think the Raps and Masai were envisioning more along the lines of 4yrs at $20-24M. I think he's worth $6M, after that he gets a little steep for the 7th or 8th man. If the Orlando rumors are true he's gone..
                              Well PPat is restricted so it's entirely up to us if he's gone or not. Stretch 4's are at a premium and will be in the future as well. It's good business to lock up PPat and not let him walk, not to mention how much better he makes us as a team.

Where is all the interest in GV? Haven't heard of him talking to any other teams yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X