Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Toronto worst 3rd seed EVER?

Paul @Paul__Dawkins
    Does Toronto finish with the 3rd seed in the East, or do the Bulls overtake them?

Jorge Sierra @hoopshype

I'd go with Toronto. They don't have a particularly tough schedule. Final six games are against Milwaukee (twice), New York (twice), Detroit and Philadelphia. Those could easily be six wins.

No disrespect to the Raptors, but they may be the worst No. 3 seed I've seen since I started covering the NBA. What they are accomplishing is commendable, but Toronto being so high in the standings is very much a reflection of the sorry state of the Eastern Conference.

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/chats/sierra022....QI33rYc7.dpuf

A dose of reality or hating just to hate?

Umm don't look now but the Bulls are behind us. Nothing comes easy. As for this writer, he's running out of things to hate about the team. As it stands he'd probably hate universal health care too while he's at it.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

This writer sounds like an douche, he's saying were the worst 3rd seed ever eh? Well I don't think the raptors control what's happening in Detroit, New York, Brooklyn, Cleveland. Those teams stink and we took advantage of them
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

dose of reality. We (raps) haven't proved anything yet, and yeah this writer has a point - EC is full of shit.

Why should random writer start hating on us?

It's all about freaking future...I'm really afraid what's going to happen next year and two years after.. If we make playoffs this year and then miss 5, 6 years in a row..

Ok, ok, I've got to admit. I'm trying not to think about future for now, coz it was loOOooong time ago I've enjoyed raps victories so much. I'm gonna leave our executives to sort out future stuff. let's hope they have a plan how to change this franchise's culture...

Honestly speaking, my left brain still wants to get a future star from this year's draft ( that's not happening I know )..
        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Feb 28, 2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          dose of reality. We (raps) haven't proved anything yet, and yeah this writer has a point - EC is full of shit.

Why should random writer start hating on us?

I'm trying not to think about future for now, coz it was loOOooong time ago I've enjoyed raps victories so much. I'm gonna leave our executives to sort out future stuff. I really hope they have a plan how to change this franchise's culture...

Honestly speaking, my left brain still wants to get a future star from this year's draft ( that's not happening I know )..
          most of us wanted a star from this draft even Masai Ujiri but this team started overachieving and now were the 3rd seed and possible looking to advance to the second round

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
            most of us wanted a star from this draft even Masai Ujiri but this team started overachieving and now were the 3rd seed and possible looking to advance to the second round
            I'm not worried. MU said in his trade deadline presser that when he made the Gay trade, he was prepared for both situations (getting better vs. getting worse). I have faith in his word.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think it's fair to say. It's just not a reflection on us, it's a reflection on the state of the Eastern Conference due to injuries (Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Knicks), tanking (Boston, Philly, Orlando, Bucks) and teams that have always managed to find a way to screw up continuing to screw up (Knicks, Cavs, Pistons).
              @Boymusic66

Comment

There are so many reasons why this isn't worth discussing.

The most glaringly obvious being that the playoffs haven't happened yet.

Sports and doses of reality will never be friends.
                This team has abundant reasons for optimism and abundant reasons for pessimism, and you just choose your bottle.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                  There are so many reasons why this isn't worth discussing.

The most glaringly obvious being that the playoffs haven't happened yet.

Sports and doses of reality will never be friends.
                  This team has abundant reasons for optimism and abundant reasons for pessimism, and you just choose your bottle.
                  Fine.
                  I choose a bottle of alcohol.
                  OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                    Fine.
                    I choose a bottle of alcohol.
                    No, with sports it's always a bottle of alcohol. You just choose a celebratory rum/tequila type, or a depressed whiskey
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                      ...celebratory rum/tequila type...
                      Yes. Thank you. see you at the victory party.

Comment

Every team in the NBA has a record that's partly padded by wins over weak Eastern Conference teams. That includes us, but also every record this season. Are the Pacers the worst #1 seed by the same standard? Maybe we win 48-50 this year if we finish strong. Is that bad? Is that the same as 8th in the West? Is that bad? I look at some of our stats, and they're top 10 in many categories. If we were 18-28 in most categories, and still in the 3-4 position, you'd have an argument. Who is #1 in 4th quarters? We've got winning records in both home and away, not just home games. Are we a 5-7th team, who's lucked into a season where that level gets you 3rd? Probably, but any games we win against the 76rs, are the same as wins for any good team from the West.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          A dose of reality or hating just to hate?
                          It's fair until proven otherwise.
                          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

" but they may be the worst No. 3 seed I've seen since I started covering the NBA'

Jorge Sierra has been covering the NBA forever? Is he the "Ming the Clam" of sports bloggers?
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Bulls just beat the Mavs so were arn't the worst 3 seed of all-time because we are now the 4th seed

Comment

Working...
                              X