DeMar Called Toronto A Top 5 City Among Players In The League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar Called Toronto A Top 5 City Among Players In The League

Amongst all the negative criticism over all these years (especially as of late since Bosh's departure), do you think DeMar is accurate in saying this or is this homerism at its best?

This as per Eric Koreen Tweet:

In wake of Bosh and Turkoglu comments, DeRozan called Toronto a top-5 city among players in the league.
    Source - Eric Koreen / Twitter

not to be pretentious...

While it's good to hear Demar rep T.O., I personally couldn't give a damn what the majority of NBA players think about the city. Anybody who has visited the U.S. knows there's only 2 or 3 great cities - NY, Miami, San Fran. The rest fall WAY below Toronto in any sense, from culture, to economy, to entertainment, to progress. The fact is, most NBA players like sticking to the friends they met when they were 15, and if that was in Compton or Washington, they're going to rep those cities harder than anything else. T.O can't compete with those emotional attachments, and we shouldn't. Instead, brand ourselves to places as the place you'll love when you grow up a little, want to start a family, and live in a spectacular country!

(sorry for creating a tangent. needed to get that off my chess)

Comment

its nice to finally get good publicity from a player in this city...god knows we neeed it

Comment

demar n weems would destroy lbj n wade in a 2 on 2 half court

Comment

Gotta love Demar, In Toronto regularly in the off season, going to see Canada play France. He will alway be a Compton kid but it looks if Tdot/Canada is growing on him.

I hope he does become the next franchise player as he has the personality and work ethic for it.

Comment

Well some players like the play here, at least we're not the Oilers of the NBA

Comment

aduffie wrote: View Post
              While it's good to hear Demar rep T.O., I personally couldn't give a damn what the majority of NBA players think about the city. Anybody who has visited the U.S. knows there's only 2 or 3 great cities - NY, Miami, San Fran. The rest fall WAY below Toronto in any sense, from culture, to economy, to entertainment, to progress. The fact is, most NBA players like sticking to the friends they met when they were 15, and if that was in Compton or Washington, they're going to rep those cities harder than anything else. T.O can't compete with those emotional attachments, and we shouldn't. Instead, brand ourselves to places as the place you'll love when you grow up a little, want to start a family, and live in a spectacular country!

(sorry for creating a tangent. needed to get that off my chess)
              If you love San Francisco then you should really love West Hollywood. It is a nice cleaner than San Francisco and offers the same cultural and social environment as San Francisco

Personally I wouldn't give 2 cents for any of those cities straight up, but that is just me.

Its a personal thing. The weather in Miami sucks rotten eggs and the Miami is the home to some of the biggest crawling insects in America. Seriously, I was also killed by one them suckers when it bit me.

N.Y. you either love it or hate it. I hate it. Too many people in too small a place. Too much concrete and glass and not enough green. In fact the life expectancy in N.Y. is the lowest of any American city.

Then again its all personal.

I love Los Angeles and So. CA offers more in complete lifestyle options both indoor and outdoor than any major city/area in the world, period.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                demar n weems would destroy lbj n wade in a 2 on 2 half court
                Have you been drinking? No, Weems and DeRozan would not beat them in a 2 on 2 half court game. Weems and DeRozan would get absolutely destroyed.

Multiple times over.

Even they would tell you that.

Good grief.
                "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                ~Rorschach

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  If you love San Francisco then you should really love West Hollywood. It is a nice cleaner than San Francisco and offers the same cultural and social environment as San Francisco

Personally I wouldn't give 2 cents for any of those cities straight up, but that is just me.

Its a personal thing. The weather in Miami sucks rotten eggs and the Miami is the home to some of the biggest crawling insects in America. Seriously, I was also killed by one them suckers when it bit me.

N.Y. you either love it or hate it. I hate it. Too many people in too small a place. Too much concrete and glass and not enough green. In fact the life expectancy in N.Y. is the lowest of any American city.

Then again its all personal.

I love Los Angeles and So. CA offers more in complete lifestyle options both indoor and outdoor than any major city/area in the world, period.
                  +1,000. San Diego / Santa Monica / Venice Beach / Malibu -- I'd argue those are some pretty kick ass places in the US. I live in Vancouver, and I can't say we (Toronto or Vancouver) have much on those cities, sorry.
                  ~Rorschach

Comment

Rap Challenger wrote: View Post
                    Have you been drinking? No, Weems and DeRozan would not beat them in a 2 on 2 half court game. Weems and DeRozan would get absolutely destroyed.

Multiple times over.

Even they would tell you that.

Good grief.
                    None of those guys can shoot and make a three points shot with any regularity. Why would you need a half court. I think a quarter court would work just fine for them and the fans wouldn't miss anything
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

We already knew this, now if only this franchise could win some games and attract players based on the organization's reputation and not on the city's nightlife.

Comment

Rap Challenger wrote: View Post
                        +1,000. San Diego / Santa Monica / Venice Beach / Malibu -- I'd argue those are some pretty kick ass places in the US. I live in Vancouver, and I can't say we (Toronto or Vancouver) have much on those cities, sorry.
                        Don't forget places like Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, Palm Springs etc. There is so much to do in Los Angeles and So. CA.

To my knowledge So. CA is the only place in North America where you can snow ski on real snow in your car in the morning and go surfing in the afternoon and then party with any kind of crowd you want at night. All in the same day, if you have the energy.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          We already knew this, now if only this franchise could win some games and attract players based on the organization's reputation and not on the city's nightlife.
                          I don't know if ESPN is broadcast into Toronto or not. However, I do know that unless ESPN is hyping your team it is not looked on favorably. All of these American athletes grow up on ESPN. ESPN on TV, on the computer, on their phone 24X7.

ESPN makes and breaks the popularity of players, teams and cities in N. America when it comes to basketball and probably American style football.

Comment

I would like to hear the same thing from Demar down the road when his contract expires and gets in a similar position to Bosh.
                            Last edited by playmak3r5; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              Agreed. If Milwaukee can do it, we should be able to with greater ease.
                              ~Rorschach

Comment

Working...
                              X