Grange Thinks Raptors Might Claim Pops Off Waivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grange Thinks Raptors Might Claim Pops Off Waivers

Hmmm ... interesting. Still don't know why we need another big man, but maybe BC's got something hidden up his sleeve.

I’m getting the sense that the Raptors are going to make a waiver claim on Pops Mensah-Bonsu who was released last week by the Houston Rockets. With Reggie Evans still struggling to have his foot heal, the talk around the arena yesterday was of the wistful variety: wouldn’t it be nice to have an energizing; rebounding game-changer off the bench. The release of Quincy Douby opened up the roster spot; Pops deal isn’t guaranteed. Don’t be shocked if the Raptors pick him up.
    Source - Click here

Somehow I don't see Colangelo adding someone who is either going to wear a suit or take minutes away from an improving Amir Johnson.

Dumping Douby was done to save money on someone who wasn't going to play much. Why undo that?
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
      Somehow I don't see Colangelo adding someone who is either going to wear a suit or take minutes away from an improving Amir Johnson.

Dumping Douby was done to save money on someone who wasn't going to play much. Why undo that?
      But, what if he's signing Pops only because he has a package involving some of our other big men being moved in a deal. Maybe Rasho & POB are on their way out. You just never with BC.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        But, what if he's signing Pops only because he has a package involving some of our other big men being moved in a deal. Maybe Rasho & POB are on their way out. You just never with BC.
        Dubious. Its too early and I don't think BC plans on changing the team yet - they still haven't had time to gel. Besides...what could you possibly get for POD and Rasho at the moment? They haven't, exactly, been tearing it up.

Comment

RBB wrote: View Post
          Dubious. Its too early and I don't think BC plans on changing the team yet - they still haven't had time to gel. Besides...what could you possibly get for POD and Rasho at the moment? They haven't, exactly, been tearing it up.
          Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't implying just them alone. Packaged with others.

Comment

Only as trade bait or a bargaining chip, he brings nothing we want or need!
            Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
              Only as trade bait or a bargaining chip, he brings nothing we want or need!
              What about some board crashing? POB is useless and Rasho is a shell of his former self, I think I'd take the energy of Pops over those guys any day, at least POB for sure. Rasho might come in handy sometimes but when do you see the Raptors ever using POB in a meaningful situation?

Comment

Working...
              X