Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shame On All Raps Fans who cheered For Lakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame On All Raps Fans who cheered For Lakers!

Man, I was watching the game with my girlfriend, who doesn't really like watching Basketball. I told her about the situation with Nash and the offer and everything else that went on over the summer trying to get him to play for Toronto. She said that he has a right to play where ever he so chooses, which I agree with. However, as a Canadian and a Raps fan, I thought it would be great for him to finish his great career in CANADA.

However, when the game started, and Nash was introduced, she was like, " Wow, they must really like him." As the game went on, and every Lakers basket made and the fans cheered, she was so confused she asked why they are cheering for the Lakers if the game is being played in Toronto? That to me folks was the million dollar question.

My hats goes out to each and every Raps player who played, for playing their hearts out and leaving it all on the floor. It can't be good playing in your own arena, where your fans are suppose to give you energy only to hear it going towards the other team. Shame, Shame, Shame on you for cheering against your own team. That should worry MLSE for sure. It worried me!

As someone pointed out on the main page, the Lakers have a deep history of winning, and have fans following them where ever they go (like the Yankees, Patriots and Leafs....to a lesser extent). The Laker love is somewhat understandable.

But the Jeremy Lin love last year, made no sense whatsoever...and yes, the local "fans" should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

So you're telling us paying customers should be ashamed for cheering for something other than the Raptors?

Wow, just wow!

I believe they have paid for the right to cheer or boo whoever they want.

Comment

It's terribly annoying, but just because people live in a city they don't need to support the local team. I've lived in the same town for about 18 years and I follow football (soccer) but I've never been a fan of the team in this town. If I'd go watch a game it would be against one of my favorite teams and I'd cheer for that team. In this day and age not all people are emotionally connected with the city they just happen to live in, I know I don't. And especially 'cursary' or 'tourist' fans who just want to be entertained and like the feeling of winning tend to favor the big teams; if The Raptors had a long history of winning I bet it would be different.

Comment

Correction: If you're a fan of the Raptors and you're cheering against them, shame on you.

But if you're a Laker fan who happened to be in attendance, suit yourself.

Comment

fans should also be ashamed of chanting pizza pizza during games.... and dont cheer when we make 100 during a lost game such an embarassment.

Comment

What laker fans? its just Kobe / Nash fans.

I remember how my friend was HUGE Cavs fan. The day lebron went to Miami was the same day he stopped liking the Cavs and hopped on to the Miami wagon.

When Kobe leaves and the Lakers suck, a lot of fans will jump ship, most likely to the clippers.

Comment

have you ever been to a lakers game at the acc? its always the same thing... it's never changed... half the place is lakers fans..

it's a crapload better than going to a home game against houston when yao was still playing... i've never seen so many people cheering for an ethnicity before

Comment

There are some people who were basketball fans before there was a team in Toronto/Canada. In those days media was quite limited. There was no internet and very little print, radio or television coverage of the NBA. When there was a game on, you can bet either LA or Boston was playing (most of the time), so it doesn't surprise me that there would be a number of Lakers fans in Toronto (or Montreal where I grew up).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    As someone pointed out on the main page, the Lakers have a deep history of winning, and have fans following them where ever they go (like the Yankees, Patriots and Leafs....to a lesser extent). The Laker love is somewhat understandable.

But the Jeremy Lin love last year, made no sense whatsoever...and yes, the local "fans" should be ashamed of themselves.
                    Is it not obvious? Makes complete sense to me.

Comment

We still on this topic? Where have you been these past 15 years?

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        What laker fans? its just Kobe / Nash fans.

I remember how my friend was HUGE Cavs fan. The day lebron went to Miami was the same day he stopped liking the Cavs and hopped on to the Miami wagon.

When Kobe leaves and the Lakers suck, a lot of fans will jump ship, most likely to the clippers.
                        so true. last year they cheered for the celtics vs heat in the payoffs. real laker fans don't cheer the celtics, only kobe fans
                        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

when iverson was on the sixers i thought i was a sixers fan, after he left i stopped watching them
                          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                            Is it not obvious? Makes complete sense to me.
                            It's obvious that some folks place ethnicity over the local sports team. I just don't understand why anyone would do that.

I certainly don't cheer for Tristan Thompson when he's in town because while wearing a Cavs jersey, he represents Cleveland (not Canada).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              It's obvious that some folks place ethnicity over the local sports team. I just don't understand why anyone would do that.

I certainly don't cheer for Tristan Thompson when he's in town because while wearing a Cavs jersey, he represents Cleveland (not Canada).
                              +1

i'm half filipino.... but F$%#ERIK SPOELSTRA.. i hope he chokes on a lumpia and dies.

leave cultural fandom for the olympics/world cup/pan am games/etc etc

Comment

Working...
                              X