Could Raptors Miss Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Raptors Miss Playoffs?

The way things are going it's not inconceivable we could be hard pressed to get to 41 wins. How low can we go? I think it's time to bite the bullet and trade for Ibaka even if have to give up TR. We are headed for a quick first round exit like 2014/2015 if something doesn't change.

No, we wont miss the playoffs. We may flame out in the first round, but we will 100% make the playoffs.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Raptors are 6 games ahead of 8th place.... and 4 teams. That would be a huge drop with about 27 games left. I don't see it. More likely the Raptors start the first round on the road.

There are also two teams with records worse than .500 in the playoffs in the East.. so even if they get to 41 wins, that will get them to the playoffs. I'd start worrying if they can't get to 37 or 38 wins. They already have 32.

So just need to win 5 or 6 games out of the next 27 and they'll make the playoffs. It's been an awful stretch.. but they still won 10 games since Jan 1.

Comment

No.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          The way things are going it's not inconceivable we could be hard pressed to get to 41 wins. How low can we go? I think it's time to bite the bullet and trade for Ibaka even if have to give up TR. We are headed for a quick first round exit like 2014/2015 if something doesn't change.
          Prophetic. I know you read this forum MU and MD.

Comment

lol
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

This thread is closer to the truth than many posters yet ready to truly consider. If we fall to 8th we might as well miss playoffs.

Comment

Raptors now at 5th or 6th store
                Last edited by Triplethreat89; Wed Feb 15, 2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

seriously tho what's going on with raptors...
                  Last edited by Triplethreat89; Wed Feb 15, 2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

This thread is closer to the truth than many posters yet ready to truly consider. If we fall to 8th we might as well miss playoffs.
                    Nope.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Nope.
                      Last edited by Triplethreat89; Wed Feb 15, 2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Nope.
                        Check back in second week in March. Don't forget most posters were expecting low to mid 50 win total this season. There was one season approximately 12 years ago we won only 8 games after all star break.

Comment

Check back in second week in March. Don't forget most posters were expecting low to mid 50 win total this season. There was one season approximately 12 years ago we won only 8 games after all star break.
                          I definitely expected low to mid 50's. Of course, I didn't expect a full month+ of Pat and DD being hurt.

You can't seriously believe the Raptors are likely to get remotely close to missing the playoffs.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I definitely expected low to mid 50's. Of course, I didn't expect a full month+ of Pat and DD being hurt.

You can't seriously believe the Raptors are likely to get remotely close to missing the playoffs.
                            I can EASILY see them slipping to 7/8th. Finishing 8th is essentially the same as not making the playoffs. If I told you in December we would be sitting 5th in mid February would you have not dismissed that notion yet here we are?

Comment

We're 7 games up on 9th place Milwaukee. That's a huge gap to lose in 26 games.

We're 9-17 (.346) since December 28th. Even at this shitty pace, we'll win 9 more games, bringing us to 41 wins. Can't see us missing the playoffs with 41 wins.

It's mathematically possible to miss the playoffs, but not likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X