Bosh to New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh to New Orleans

Toronto Trades: Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, Sonny Weems, 2010 first round pick
    New Orleans Trades: Peja Stojakovic, Emeka Okafor, Darren Collison, Marcus Thornton

Toronto gets 2 young studs (collison, thornton), an expiring contract (peja), and a long-term centre (okafor) in exchange for Bosh, Jose, and Weems.

PG: Collison/Jack/Banks
    SG: Thornton/DeRozan
    SF: Hedo/Peja/Belinelli
    PF: Andrea/Reggie
    C: Okafor/Johnson

Toronto can use Peja's expiring $15 mil contract at the deadline to adjust the roster as necessary. They also have close to $10 mil in expirings with Reggie/Banks. That's $25 million in expiring contracts!

New Orleans gets one of the top forwards in the game, a back-up PG at a starter's salary, and a developing GF. In addition they get a second lottery pick for this season. They also unload Okafor's contract with a cheaper and shorter Jose contract, but are effectively replacing him with Chris Bosh.

PG: Chris Paul/Jose Calderon
    SG: Sonny Weems/Morris Peterson
    SF: James Posey/Julian Wright
    PF: David West/ Darius Songaila
    C: Chris Bosh/(Cole Aldrich?)

A 1-2-3 punch of Chris Paul, Chris Bosh, and David West should be excellent at competing in the West. And with the two lottery picks for 2010 they can fill any holes they might have with developing young studs.

We give up Bosh and take on Okafor's contract, AND we trade our lottery pick? With the trade you laid out, I think it should be NO trading away their lottery pick. Also, Bosh/West play the same position - most Raps fans think that Bosh is soft at PF, so there is no way he is a true C.

Comment

don't think the hornets pull the trigger

as previous poster pointed out - you now have two of your three best players playing the same position - bosh and west

Comment

that is a weak, weak lineup at the SF

Comment

Problem with Bosh going to New Orleans is he wants to go somewhere thats willing to spend the money to compete for a championship. I dont think NO would be able to fill out a team while staying under the cap when they have 48 mil invested in 3 guys, 2 of witch play the same position.

Comment

I don't want Okafor. If Toronto is trading CB4 to New Orleans, I would much rather just send CB4 for Collison, New Orleans 2010 1st round pick, and expirings.

You get a young stud point guard in Collison and a lottery pick to pair with a plenty of other young prospects.
            I Am Shutup

Comment

wow

that is the most rediculous trade iv ever heard in my life.
              Toronto would never in there life time, pick up okafor.

Comment

I understand what the OP is trying to do, but if a sign and trade is coming Toronto's way, it won't be for expirings. The Hornets are already having financial problems, so I doubt they'd take on Bosh's salary.

Comment

Working...
                X