Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos Thread - Some Really TOP NOTCH stuff on the Board Lately!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos Thread - Some Really TOP NOTCH stuff on the Board Lately!

Hey Guys, I just wanted to note that I have observed, and participated in some great on-going conversations on the board lately, and its been alot of fun. Kudos!

I will occasionally go check out the other Raptors Boards to spy and just see what they've got going on, and I tell you what; the solid, and positive, contributions we get from SO many people is unmatched.
    And its all done without an OUNCE of disrespect ... toward anyone directly on the board anyway. hah
    Really an impressive feat.

Have seen alot of new 'faces' around the board, which has only contributed massively to an already stellar forum.
    I know we say it all the time, but I just wanted to say it again - this Board is TOP NOTCH.
    Keep up the good work Fellas!

Feel free to drop any words of the Positive Vibration in this thread!

New here and for the first time since the old Usenet Alt Raps group died I feel I have a home. Lovin' it.

Comment

After checking on the Knicks forum. I have to admit ours is top-notch. I love you guys.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

*sniff, sniff*

(cue corny compliment) We couldn't do it without people like yourself Joey. In all sincerity, we just couldn't. So thank you and thank the majority of you for making the staff's job here easy.

Comment

This forum would be a lot more fun if JV turns out to be a dominant perennial all star... make it happen Doc.

In all seriousness, I am a member on maybe half a dozen other sports forums, and this one is hands down the best. A few weeks back, Apollo asked people to brainstorm ideas to make the forum better, I wrote a response (to have a chat for the draft), and the next time I checked the "everything raptors" section, I saw the newest thread was the draft thread (that pretty much was exactly what I was asking for). I do not even think anyone even saw that post I had written yet, it was just the people on this forum were thinking ahead. That is something that rarely happens other places.

You all are doing a solid job.
          Last edited by Red and White; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 06:51 AM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Hey Guys, I just wanted to note that I have observed, and participated in some great on-going conversations on the board lately, and its been alot of fun. Kudos!

I will occasionally go check out the other Raptors Boards to spy and just see what they've got going on, and I tell you what; the solid, and positive, contributions we get from SO many people is unmatched.
            And its all done without an OUNCE of disrespect ... toward anyone directly on the board anyway. hah
            Really an impressive feat.

Have seen alot of new 'faces' around the board, which has only contributed massively to an already stellar forum.
            I know we say it all the time, but I just wanted to say it again - this Board is TOP NOTCH.
            Keep up the good work Fellas!

Feel free to drop any words of the Positive Vibration in this thread!

pos....posi...posi...tive! I'm sorry! you know we are all about negative here, joey. ya,big country bastard!
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              *sniff, sniff*

(cue corny compliment) We couldn't do it without people like yourself Joey. In all sincerity, we just couldn't. So thank you and thank the majority of you for making the staff's job here easy.
              there's a staff here!? Holy fuck!

seriously, though you guys do do a great job of like blending it all together. I mean there's never any difference in conversation towards different users.

i guess what I mean to say is...ah, what the hell! take it away, aretha!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUq...feature=fvwrel
              Last edited by LBF; Thu Jul 12, 2012, 03:20 PM. Reason: embedding is not working today
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It's going to be a good season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  It's going to be a good season.
                  Yup. Hopefully on the court and here on the forums.

Comment

Man I love this place *sniff*

I came here from the Raptors Clubhouse on ESPN not expecting much, but man was I wrong!

Although I can't say the same about the comment section in the articles... needs some moderators... a lot of "characters" down there... *vomits*

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                      Man I love this place *sniff*

I came here from the Raptors Clubhouse on ESPN not expecting much, but man was I wrong!

Although I can't say the same about the comment section in the articles... needs some moderators... a lot of "characters" down there... *vomits*
                      Ya, that's watched by a different group of fellas. None of the staff from the forums with the exception of Arsenalist.

Thanks for coming to join here Tesla. Glad to have you aboard. Spread the word.

Comment

The day I googled "Toronto Raptors Blog" and clicked the RR link has been a game changer for me in terms of connecting with other basketball enthusiasts and learning a lot more about the NBA game. If it wasn't for the raptors republic I wouldn't know anything about advanced metrics, nor would I have found other useful sites like ESPN Trademachine, hoopshype, basketball-reference.com or 82games.com as well as a wealth of nba news.

This really is one of the best fan sites around. No that I'm officially an OKC fanboy (raps are still my number 1 love), I've been trying to find a forum like this one on the Thunder to keep me in the loop. Haven't found anything close.

My only disappointment is the lack of PhD Steve's podcasts... used to really look forward to them every week (on Wednesday's?). Well that and jokes, we can always use more jokes!
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I've been remiss in not jumping onto this thread earlier. Thank God for RR and the online crew of brainiacs who moderate, post and contribute. Makes the Dog Days liveable and really makes sense of the season.

And yeah, I forgive everyone for the crazy trade suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                          X