X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucher: Miami Have Some Concerns Regarding Bosh

Just read this via the RealGM.

Courtesy of RealGM member bstein:

Ric Bucher on ESPN News just said that he's heard from people within the Miami organization is having some "second thoughts on giving Bosh a max contract" because of his behavior since becoming a FA. He's seemed more into the media attention and "brand building" and less concerned with the basketball side of things.
    Source - Click here

You don't say...

Comment

While it is true what Bosh is doing I think Bucher is making up the story that the only three people that really matter in the decision Arison, Riley and Wade have any concerns.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Just read this via the RealGM.

Courtesy of RealGM member bstein:

Source - Click here
        Good news for me today, I have always felt that Wade being a class act needs a class act in Stoudemire(who was quiet during the free agent frenzy) not Bosh that became disloyal all of a sudden.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          While it is true what Bosh is doing I think Bucher is making up the story that the only three people that really matter in the decision Arison, Riley and Wade have any concerns.
          i think he is too. Ric Bucher, writing for the biggest sports news company and been in the biz for 11 years. Yup, he's inventing stories.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Maybe Bucher heard that from one of Arison, Riley or Wade

But seriously you cant make this up. As you know, many on this board have become somewhat anti Bosh precisely for his ill advised forays of self promotion especially ill-timed during this period when he should entirely be selling (in a discreet and classy manner) only his basketball skills and resume. This I thought would be an entirely Toronto slant/blowback. To actually see it as something prospective employers have noticed as well is quite surprising...to myself at least.

Come on Houston!!

Comment

If it's true it does not surprise me in the least. Wade has been the classiest so far, and Stoudamire, Dirk and even Pierce have shown way more class. As I've always thought even before Bosh's stupidity and wanting to be the man talks he is an attention loving stat padder. If I were Riley I would worry about Bosh and his desire to be the man on a team that has Wade. Fortunately for Bosh Wade and even Kobe have enough class to let someone like Boh be the man during the game while it's close and then take over when they need to so Bosh can pad his ego. This is why a Bosh Lebron twosome will never work because they both think they're the second coming of Jesus.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Maybe Bucher heard that from one of Arison, Riley or Wade

But seriously you cant make this up. As you know, many on this board have become somewhat anti Bosh precisely for his ill advised forays of self promotion especially ill-timed during this period when he should entirely be selling (in a discreet and classy manner) only his basketball skills and resume. This I thought would be an entirely Toronto slant/blowback. To actually see it as something prospective employers have noticed as well is quite surprising...to myself at least.

Come on Houston!!
                No you can't make this stuff up, which is why the media ALWAYS gets it right, and why Wade, Bosh and LeBron all immediately signed with Miami, Bosh and LeBron also signed with Chicago, LeBron signed with the Nets and Joe Johnson signed with Chicago.

Seriously, there may be SOMEONE in Miami that doesn't like Bosh's behaviour, but the fact that Bosh has always been pretty focused on basketball and has always worked hard shows those concerns are unfounded. No one seemed to make a fuss about what Jordan did off the court, and he became the biggest basketball brand in the world, with shoe and clothing lines, videos, endless commercials, movies, etc.

I have to say I don't understand people whining about what a player does off the court (as long as it's not unhealthy). If he practices two hours a day every day, which would be a very good amount, he'd still have 14 waking hours to fill. What's he supposed to do, watch game tape the rest of the time? He's not supposed to have any other hobbies?

Bosh is a young, single guy who suddenly has more media attention than he's ever had before, and he's taking advantage of it and enjoying the experience. Since none of us have been in that position before, it's difficult to judge him and really pointless, anyway.

Some of you guys are obsessed with making guys act the way you want them too. That says more about you then Bosh. Personally, I'm not a fan of his First Ink video (or tattoos), Twitter or half of the stuff he does outside of basketball, but I couldn't give a crap that he does it. It's his business, not mine. The only thing I care about is whether he's a good teammate and how he performs on the court. From what I see, he's doing fine in that respect. The rest is just noise. I ignore it and suggest everyone else does to if they don't like it.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Sh*t, now I'm actually afraid he resigns with us. Eventhough he would probably be our best player, nothing positive will come out of him resigning with us and looked upon as a leader, he has been exposed as a selfish self-promoting attention hog ( see Appolo's pic ).

Comment

Here's what Bucher actually had to say:

Ric Bucher said Friday that teams are somewhat leery of Chris Bosh's camera-crew entourage.
                    Bucher said Bosh is filming a documentary and there are reports of boom mikes and cameras in the war rooms he's meeting in. Probably not a deal breaker, but teams may start questioning if he cares more about being famous/money or winning basketball games. Additionally, the longer Dwyane Wade travels the country flirting with other teams, the harder it's going to be for the Heat to finalize their plans. Oh, and it just so happens that Bosh and Wade had dinner together last night, taking a picture with an empty chair and saying "someone is missing."

Comment

Comment

Amar'e signs with Knicks that leaves the Heat without Bosh and Boozer and it isn't too difficult to figure out which one they prefer and it ain't Boozer despite what that ESPN guy says.

Knicks near deal with Stoudemire

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 46 minutes ago

Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and the New York Knicks are making progress in talks on a five-year, $100 million max contract and a deal could be completed as soon as Friday, league sources told Y! Sports.

The framework of the deal, which would give Stoudemire a $17.2 million starting salary next season, is in place and the two sides are expected to talk again soon, sources said. Stoudemire is expected to travel to New York on Saturday.

The Knicks and Stoudemire aren’t each other’s first choices, but Stoudemire wanted a fifth year guaranteed and the Knicks needed to have something to show for years of losing and working to clear cap space.

As Yahoo! Sports first reported, Stoudemire’s departure from the Suns was all but clinched after the Phoenix Suns reached agreement with forward Hakim Warrick(notes) on a four-year, $18 million contract , league sources said.
                        http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...reknicks070210
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

I think the one on the right needs some dental work

Comment

Im sure some people in Miami might have been thrown off by the cameras and questioned Bosh's commitment to Basketball, but they wont let him get away. Wade wants a free agent and Bosh is his choice, Miami already tried to get an early commitment from him when they met so this could just be a strategy they are playing to other teams who knows. I really wish Bosh ends up signing with a team other than Miami though just because I hate that team.

Comment

Looks like Boozer might be headed for Chicago?

Several rumors on the Net. Nothing concrete enough to post at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X