Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Like when Colangelo was able to bring Dallas into the sign and trade for Turkoglu in order to add depth to the roster, it looks like more teams may be involved in the sign and trade for Bosh.

Yet sources say that a four-team trade scenario between the Heat, Raptors, Bobcats and Rockets hatched on the eve of LeBron’s hour-long “Decision” special on ESPN would enable Toronto to bring back an asset or two in the wake of Chris Bosh’s departure but also avoid taking back Beasley. Which is believed to be the only sort of sign-and-trade that the Raptors would consider.

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and James.
    There's more to the story if anyone wants the whole read...
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/trueho...-beasley-trade
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

who do we get???

Comment

Further down in the article:

"One source with knowledge of Toronto’s thinking, however, insists that the four-team trade -- which would require Houston to send at least $3.1 million in salary to the Raptors -- is "not happening." Toronto continues to convey the message that it is a reluctant partner in any deal that makes Bosh’s departure more lucrative."

Comment

All the article says is that we'd get someone at more than 3.1 million from Houston, not named Jeffries. Who would that be? Ariza? Battier? Scola in a double S&T? Or a combination of lesser players?

Comment

Toronto, meanwhile, would come away with a very big trade exception and presumably at least one first-round pick … possibly its 2011 first-rounder that was previously dealt to Miami.
          That is what TO would get.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Meh, it'd be a lot more interesting if 1) it actually named a player we would receive, and 2) if we actually received an asset that fit our rebuilding.

Comment

If Houston is supposed to send us salary, and we could get our first rounder back.

Could we potentially get that pick back from the heat, plus Jordan Hill from Houston, and another filler from Houston?

Comment

Why would we want Jordan Hill?
                The Raptors already have Bargs, Amir, Ed, Alabi and Evans who will all need minutes at the 4/5, there won't be many left for Jordan Hill.
                Kyle Lowry you say? Now I'm excited.

Either way, none of this happens. Raptors will take back trade exceptions and draft picks, I think Colangelo is gonna try and get all Sam Presti up in here.
                Balding Spalding - NBA Analysis and Coverage

Comment

The Mascot wrote: View Post
                  If Houston is supposed to send us salary, and we could get our first rounder back.

Could we potentially get that pick back from the heat, plus Jordan Hill from Houston, and another filler from Houston?
                  why get Jordan Hill if we have many ... i many PF

Ed Davis has more potential than Jordan Hill. BUT i really want Anthony Randolph >_<

Comment

The Mascot wrote: View Post

It all depends on what else moves in the trade, but yes, there's probably some configuration that could result in that. Not saying that it would happen, but it's possible. Two-team trades are tough enough to speculate on, let alone four-way trades.

Comment

From Doug Smith: "According to the president and general manager, there are “things under consideration” to get something in return for the departing all-star."

He updated his blog about 10 minutes ago.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Comment

Is the fact that Colangelo doesn't want salary in return a signal that he understands the Raptors need to rebuild? I certainly hope so.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

A trade exemption doesn't seem to signal that. That would signal that they are going to hijack an overpaid star from a floundering franchise and hope that he can gel with all the spare parts that BC is accumulating, maybe BC should go on A&E's hoarders.

I'm starting to like the trade exemption more and more. The West is going to be full retard next year. Name three teams that you can guarantee will miss the playoffs, you can't. More than a couple teams are going to be eating pavement and looking to shed salary. Could Nash make the raps pretenders in the East?

Portland could hit the cellar and potentially be shopping Roy...

Comment

Maybe get back Shane Battier as a player? He could mentor demar and sonny. We could then get rid of Turk...

Does any body know if we could use the trade exemption to give away salary and get nothing in return? This way we could just give away turk for some picks or nothing at all.

Comment

more ESPN junk
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X