Triano Whining or Does He Have Point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Whining or Does He Have Point?

Regarding the officials and how they called the game last night in Beantown.

Does Jay have a point or is he just flat out whining?

"We have to learn to play like they do," said coach Jay Triano after the Raptors had their season-high five-game winning streak snapped. "That's where you play that hard of defence and not have fouls called against you.

"They play hard defence and they had one foul called against them in the fourth quarter. We have to learn how to do that."

There is an art to being physical — overly physical at times — and getting away with it and the Celtics, who were led by 23 points from Ray Allen, 16 from Rasheed Wallace and 14 from Kendrick Perkins, seem to have mastered it.

They bang and push and shove and hit and do it often enough and effectively enough that officials are either inured of it or too tired to blow their whistles on every possession.
    Source - Click here

i think he has a point but good luck getting the raptors to play like that ..
    ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Derozen 3 fouls in the first qt! and one from the 4th where Bellinelli got hit by a big men (i think its perkins) when following Ray Allen

Comment

A bunch of whining. He better get prepared, because this is how the playoffs will be...or if he can't do the job, let BC know so he can hire a real coach.

Comment

I would call it whining, but it is exactly true. Phil Jackson whines, Adelman whines, Rivers whines - all of the coaches on good teams 'whine.' And it works when you have a quality team on the floor. It also helps when the physicality has a fluidity and a looks like it is part of the game, like Boston and L.A. do.

But when you are occasionally aggressive, and your team is not so good, you will get called. The aggressiveness cannot look awkward. This is another flaw in NBA refereeing.

Comment

Jay Triano should look in the mirror!!!

If he can't coach with the intensity of Doc Rivers - he shouldn't expect his players to play with that intensity!
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

As has been said, the Raptors have no identity/history of playing hardnosed ball. The last time was the Oakley and Davis days. I am sure even the Celtics before they got Garnett were whistled far more often (I remember the "pain" on Pierce's mug when he got tweeted). In addition I wonder how much lobbying goes on with the league/referees after games using film. This could (as Donaghy maintains) have a whistle pocketing effect. Guys like Rivers and Popovich are constantly working the refs during games.

Comment

The officials were brutal tonight against the Magic especially in the fourth quarter, where the Magic kept getting to the line and the Raptors didn't while Bargnani getting foul calls for barley touching D.Howard.

oh yeah and I also think that Triano is slowly turning into Larry David

Comment

The refs were horrible last night all game, especially in the 4th. But the Raps didn't help themselves in getting to the line with all the jumpers they were taking. You gotta attack the rim to get some calls to go your way. But in terms of calls going their way on the defensive end, the refereing was atrocious. Absolutely no respect for the dinos. Terrible , just terrible

Comment

Working...
                  X