This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Sign Austin Daye

Anybody else want to bet that the second year isn't guaranteed?

Reasonable price for a backup big, I guess. One million bucks for a warm body isn't terrible.

Comment

I don't get it.

Comment

Would've preferred someone who could play center, not just the height of one. One question. How does one manage to be 7 feet but only way 200 lbs? Put in perspective, Kevin Durant is 6'9 and 215. He's not good, he doesn't fit, I don't like this signing.

Comment

daye is pretty bad. not sure why they signed him

Comment

It seems like MU likes signing low risk young unproven talent which is better than overpaying for role player. I don't hate the signing. Just a "meh". I guess he has potential to be a good role player on our team.

Comment

Playing devil's advocate, the only logical reason I can think of for this signing is that he shoots the 3 at a decent rate, but that's about all he does. I think there are better options. Waste of a roster spot IMO.

Comment

I dont get it .....

Comment

Daye is a cheaper version of Bargnani with a better PER, higher shooting percentages (2 and 3 pointers). Like Andrea he is a terrible rebounder and bad defender to boot. The Raptors have 15 players, let's start the season!

Comment

For anyone wondering why we did this.

He's 25
                    He's 6'11
                    He can play multiple positions

And here's the important thing,

He shot 42% from 3 last year, his 3rd time shooting over 40% (including a 50+% season)
                    Last edited by Xixak; Tue Jul 30, 2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                      For the nincompoops wondering why we did this.

He's 25
                      He's 6'11
                      He can play multiple positions

And here's the important thing,

He shot 42% from 3 last year, his 3rd time shooting over 40% (including a 50+% season)
                      Do you always have be a complete jerk around here? Why are you calling people names for no reason? Show some damn respect to your fellow RR members...

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Daye is a cheaper version of Bargnani with a better PER, higher shooting percentages (2 and 3 pointers). Like Andrea he is a terrible rebounder and bad defender to boot. The Raptors have 15 players, let's start the season!
                        this post pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with per

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          Do you always have be a complete jerk around here? Why are you calling people names for no reason? Show some damn respect to your fellow RR members...
                          Dude if you're taking offense to the term "nincompoop" which is about a 3rd grade level insult, then you really are one...

Comment

Just don't understand how an NBA player can not gain any kind of weight in 4 years?
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                              Dude if you're taking offense to the term "nincompoop" which is about a 3rd grade level insult, then you really are one...
                              I'm not offended by it. It's just unnecessary. You do this in almost every thread you post on. Once someone doesn't agree with you or you don't like what someone else says, you go and make comments on other people personally. It's so stupidly unnecessary. You could have easily said "For those who are wondering why we did this". It just shows immaturity on your part!

Comment

Working...
                              X