Raptors Coaches: May I Have Your Attention Please....
I am tired of watching Bargnani catch the ball straight leg and fire up a brick from the 3.
You have video. I'm sure MLSE gives you lots of equipment to review games and even more equipment to edit said video.
For the love of all that is sacred and pure, please put a compilation together of Bargnani's jumpers on the catch.
When he catches in the basic knees bent/triple threat position and shoots, he is nearly can't miss. His shooting stroke is flawless.
BUT when he catches straight legged and then bends to go in to his shot, it is dreadful.
I'm suprised I have to tell the coaching staff this but here is what you do:
1) PUt together video 100 shots and make him watch it.
2) Then put misses together in a row.
3) Then put makes together in a row.
4) Then take him to the gym and practice catching the ball ready to shoot - no, no, no! no shots - just catch, triple threat. Get Leo to help show this. He is awesome at discussing the basics.... on second thought, don't get Leo, we do want Andrea to pay attention.
5) Then go from there in to catch and shoot.
6) Do this day and in and day out until it is habit.
I am totally sounding like a pompus @ss but this is something that is really driving me crazy as the year progresses.
A perfect example is the 3 he took at the start of the first quarter and compare it to the 3 with about a minute left in the 2nd quarter.