Our off season in a nutshell:
Our off season in a nutshell:
I really hope that a day will come where we'll stop being the butt of jokes.
Wow, ya'll are some sensitive kids up in here.
Simmons is awesome, not only that he's actually one of the only people outside of Canada that watches and talks about the Raptors, he was touting how fun their games were to watch during the Bosh era, he's the only one outside of this board that constantly brings up how Carter screwed us and how big of a bitch he was. And beside that he knows the NBA and he knows how to write an entertaining article.
And he's not that far off in his summing up of what happened. Take off your homer goggles and look at the facts and look at the stats, his story makes much more sense than the stuff you guys are coming up with.
Not until we win something. Anything. 1 round. 2 rounds. I'll stop there for now. A bonus will be if the Celtics are in the toilet while we do.
1) I think he is a great writer,
2) I do not consider him a journalist,
3) I am tired of his relocation/digs against Raptors/Toronto - I find it ignorant given how profitable and strong the fan base is and akin to picking on the fat kid with the stutter in grade school because the majority are ignorant enough to find it hilarious.
Look, we are harsh enough on our own team and more. We dont need a smirking Celtic toady to provide his wider audience with a few laughs at our expense on a slow off season day. So, BC overpaid some for Fields and he had a not so good last season. The play for him was the right thing to do. It didnt pan out. It happens. Just got a bit exacerbated because of the big name and Nash being Canadian.
Yeah I am sensitive about the team especially when we try, it doesnt work out and some yuks are blown our way because it's convenient.
Some yuks are blown at every team though, that's like getting mad at an insult comic
and the entertaining time was mostly those 2 years we made the playoffs, especially when garbo and parker first came
and matt fair enough, I am a big Simmons fan but I also don't think he wrote anything ridiculous here, just the facts mixed with comedy.
2) what sports "journalists" do you like to read? I find interesting that any of us .. who spend our time reading blogs and comments from random dudes should come down on Simmons for his lack of "journalism" .. needless to say hes infinitely more qualified that we are
3) I can safely say Ive read / listened to 99% of his stuff over the last 5-10 years .. and its completely inaccurate to say that he continually makes relocation / digs at the Raps. He priases the fan base for being ravid .. and repeatedly talks about how much he likes Canada and Canadians in general.
Dont mean to attack you as you have been somewhat balanced on him relative to others .. but if people actually read / listened to his stuff you'd realize hes the furthest thing from a raps hater ..
*YAWN* Another American "writer" bashing a Canadian sports franchise. Can someone wake me up when the season starts. Can't wait.
In the end, I really don't care what people think, nowadays. If I don't like/get bored of the bashing, I just leave. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if it's STILL from 'top' writers/journalists. We're not in the office, with THEM, because people fail to realize, it's just not him alone making decisions/persuasions. Front office was more than one guy, last time I checked. Let the season start and let's judge it, then. And like the line of the night goes to Arsenalist:
"I really hope that a day will come where we'll stop being the butt of jokes."
To the guy who said bc should come out and say he signed fields to get nash. Would although being honest. Be the worst career move of all-time and probably get him suspended if not fired and make him wanker of the year.