Referee Bias? Discuss, vent, etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referee Bias? Discuss, vent, etc..

In my opinion, this season we've seen some really horrible officiating going against Toronto, on a frighteningly consistent basis. I like to think I'm being as objective as possible here (obviously i'm slightly biased, but not terribly). Anyone else noticing this?

Have at it.

Isn't scott foster the same clown that cost us the Lakers game? he has a douchebag type look to him. You can just tell he's an asshole by looking at his face

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Isn't scott foster the same clown that cost us the Lakers game? he has a douchebag type look to him. You can just tell he's an asshole by looking at his face
      So I see you've settled on venting ;P.

Comment

Ive never seen matt devlin and Andy go off on the refs and criticize them as much as this season. I think it says a lot. Ive been wondering what the official referee appeal system in the NBA is..
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I can't believe how bad it is. It's discouraging just thinking about it. They have the power to take teams out of games with their terrible bias and I feel like I've been seeing that a lot lately.

Comment

If the referees made the right call tonight mo Williams would've been at the line at the buzzer and raptors would've lost a lot sooner. I'm sure were not the only team that thinks the refs have a bias about them.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
              If the referees made the right call tonight mo Williams would've been at the line at the buzzer and raptors would've lost a lot sooner. I'm sure were not the only team that thinks the refs have a bias about them.
              No, see the way I see it, if the referees made the right calls tonight, the game would never have reached OT, and the Jazz would have lost by 5+ points in regulation.

Comment

not just tonight....
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think the thing is, if you ask fans of any teams most of them will say the refs are screwing them over, especially all the fans of bad teams. There are missed calls for both teams in each game, and sometimes they go one way. I don't think there is any intentional bias though.

Comment

Yeah tonight's game was pretty bad. DeRozan only went to the FT line 7 times? he was getting hammered everytime he drives the ball inside!! And if you look at the replay of his game tying dunk in the 2nd OT, Millsap clearly fouled him but no call and the ref was right there.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      I don't think there is any intentional bias though.
                      I've been watching the NBA for far too long to believe that, sadly.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        I think the thing is, if you ask fans of any teams most of them will say the refs are screwing them over, especially all the fans of bad teams. There are missed calls for both teams in each game, and sometimes they go one way. I don't think there is any intentional bias though.
                        +1 this was the point of my first post. As raptors fans we only realize the missed calls on the raptors because we have a biased. But missed calls happen on every team and I doubt the referees think their reffing Toronto tonight so they better fuck up.

Comment

Derozan doesn't get many calls because he's always looking for the call, and falls to the floor whether he is fouled or not. What bothers me is the phantom calls that opposing teams' bigs always get. Like seriously, is Jose grazing Jefferson's arm really count as a foul?

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                            Derozan doesn't get many calls because he's always looking for the call, and falls to the floor whether he is fouled or not. What bothers me is the phantom calls that opposing teams' bigs always get. Like seriously, is Jose grazing Jefferson's arm really count as a foul?
                            Yes that is usually true, however tonight he didn't do that. He got creamed and didn't get the calls. Jump balls were being tossed towards the Jazz side. Unreal. I started a thread about this after the very first game so I'm not going to complain anymore. Now it's about accepting what's going on and make the best of if. We don't get many leads in a game and when we do, we blow it somehow. My girlfriend was right when she said "Why are you watching the raps? You know they're going to find a way to lose the game!"

I want someone to prove her wrong! LMAO! Good luck!

Comment

In what fucking world is this not a foul call. The baseline ref had the best seat in the house to see Derozan get MAULED.

Comment

Working...
                              X