GT Raptors @ Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    Yup, and the implications are huge for them. They've got a bunch of bad contracts on that team (Beidrens, Jefferson, Rush) but they don't need to panic because they can make do with the young guys now, and then when all those bad contracts come off the books, they can add another key piece to a great young core. In two years, they could be hitting the offseason paying only $35 million for a playoff-tested core of Lee, Curry, Barnes, Thompson, Ezeli, and Green. Maybe $50 million if they re-sign Bogut. Either way, that's potentially a great core that's maybe one elite veteran away from being a contender.

(It's not inconceivable that they could make a pitch for LeBron if he opts out in 2014. Can you imagine a starting unit of Curry, Thompson, James, Lee, and Bogut, with Barnes, Ezeli, and Green off the bench? That's a lineup I'd love watching and hate playing.)

We, on the other hand, seem to want to play our bad contract guys to death. When they expire, we're just going to be trying to replace the guys who are expiring, rather than trying to add to a core that we've already built.
    Way to ruin my night.

I have been envious of Orlando and Cleveland of late. I never realized Golden Sdtate was in this situation.

Bloody hell.

Well, if any fan base in the NBA deserves it more than Toronto, it is Oakland.

Comment

• Raps vs Warrior (Nearly front row seat)

Still haven't figured out how to get the pics i took in here. Try to figure that out tomorrow. Sorry i'm late but I am on the west coast.

Really cool being at the game. We were within an earshot of the bench. I KNEW they could here what i was yelling.I'll give more examples of that later. Not in order of importance.

*A lot of politics*
      We arrived early & BC was sitting at the bench. I yelled "We need a center, we're counting on you." He turned and waved. Warrior security then backed me off. I was shocked that I didn't do more yelling, but I figured if i'd get kick out BEFORE THE GAME STARTED if i verbally kept abusing BC. Devlin came over to BC & was quickly ignored when Ric Bucher came over (Insert pic i don't know how to post). They talked for a long time. Amir was sucking up to the refs. Guess it's part of the game.

Rudy, DD, and Kleiza were warming up before everyone came out. You could see Rudy was hurting. I yelled and asked him "Are you gonna play? Are you gonna play?" Didn't get a response. I started getting pissed off cause only DD was practicing contested shots inside the arch. (i have posted MANY complaints that we have one person rebounding & four(4) players at the 3 point line). So i started whipping on my punching bag for the night...Linas Kleiza.
      "The 3 looks good Kleiza...why don't you practice rebounding & driving?"
      "Hopefully you don't get anymore shots in a Raptor uniform, but if you do...they should be closer to the basket."
      "No matter how much you jump, your not getting out of that deep hole your in on the bench Klaiza."
      What I said later really pissed him off.

When they all came out it was sensory overload. i couldn't handle it. They were all there. My wife noticed Acy wasn't there. We learned later they tossed him out of the plane & he's now in Bakersfield. We yelled encouragement (I thought it was a winnable game), but were concerned cause we didn't see Rudy right away.

I am the biggest Bargs hater in the world, but i felt sorry for him. Bargs looked very very very isolated. Everyone seemed loose, cracking jokes, playful. Talking with Jerrett Jack, punching each other, etc etc. Bargs looked like he didn't have a friend in the world. I was shocked at myself. Yelled at Ross to give me a dunk during warm ups & he did. Amir was throwing down tomahawks like crazy. My feelings quickly changed when I realize that bargs was starting. I yelled a piercing booooo when they introduced them into the starting lineup. Amir high fived everyone before the game started. As usual the raptors had a decent start.

Casey punished Jonas not driving and put him on the bench. When Arron Grey went in I knew Jv's night was over.

Dd seemed to be going throw the motions. I'll give Him a pass because he was in his home state. Let's say I had to play in Niagara Falls. I might not be the same if I could spend the previous day in Toronto and could fly into Niagara Falls couple hours before the game. He just didn't seem to have his usual energy level. Hopefully he'll wan play well in Staples. (Flying to LA for the game as well)

I really started letting Casey have it in the 2nd qtr.
      John Lucas is in the game Casey ends the 1st qtr with a small line up. Curry starts going off. We have Ross & Fields in and he's trying ride them. Casey always bothers me letting the bench stay in to long and letting the game slip away or allowing us to lose starters lead. Lowry needs rest I understand, but we can't lose the game if he's not ready. In my opinion we should have been playing staters 50 minutes before we lost our playoff hopes.
      "Hey Casey! If Lucas isn't scoring, why is he in the game? We're too small. Amir is limping up the court. Take Lucas out. Why is he in? Use Telfair or put Lowry back in. Bring back the starters Casey!!!! Soon he took out Ross for Gay then put Lowry back in the game.

Ross was acting like a spoiled brat last night. Lost a little respect for him. Not paying attention in the huddles, yawning, totally distracted. Obviously KNOWING he was not going to be in there for the 3rd & 4th qtrs is getting to him. I agree he should be used more but his attitude last night SUCKED.

What bothered me the most last night was Kleiza. He never once payed attention to a single huddle. I told you Amir high fived all his teammates at the beginning of the half. Kleiza looked like he had to beg him to get involved. He was checking out cheerleaders, watching the dunkers jump on the trampoline & even the guys trying to win $2000 to make a half court shot. I was enraged. "Hey Kleiza, if your not going to even pay attention in the huddle just sit on the bench." Next huddle he looked in to the crowd. "Have a seat buddy, pay attention to what your team is trying to do or go back to Lithuania." I think he even tried to rat me out to try to get me kicked out.

All in all, I honestly think the Raptors couldn't have played any better. Here is where we lost the game.
      Lowry Jump Shot: Missed 04:13 {BAD SHOT}

[GSW 105-100]
      Lowry 3pt Shot: Missed 03:36 {WIDE OPEN}

Bargnani Jump Shot: Missed 02:51 {FORCED}

02:50 Team Timeout : Regular
      {I yelled at the top of my lungs. "WE NEED DEFENSE. PUT IN REBOUNDING TO GET THE BALL BACK. PUT IN JV!!!}

02:17 Jack 3pt Shot: Missed
      02:14 Lee Rebound (Off:2 Def:9)
      [GSW 111-103] Lee Putback Layup Shot: Made (29 PTS)

[GSW 113-105] Barnes Driving Layup Shot: Made (11 PTS)
      Gay Foul: Shooting (2 PF) (1 FTA) 01:07
      [GSW 114-105] Barnes Free Throw 1 of 1 (12 PTS)
      {This was RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE. You don't deserve to win if you allow people to do that in the 4th qtr.}

Got pics with Devlin & Jack. Wanted to tell Devlin to stop yelling but he gave my wife a picture so i had to be nice. He's FAT.

My TAKEAWAYS/ Impressions
      Warrior fans were impressed by Bargs. I was like "Call up the front office. You've got a deal." Bargs was making a better effort than usual. I'll give him credit for that. But he is still no where close to the key when a shot goes up. He's getting better at trapping when they come to his section in the zone. But he is always backing up & you can see he is still getting used to being back. Lowry was telling him where to go & I know Lowry isn't sugar coating it for him.

Casey is being FORCED to start Bargs & give him minutes. He was brought in to create a defense with a "Dirk-type" of player. They are going to do it for the rest of the season to see if it works. It does not look good for Ross & JV.

I'll put more pics in later
      Last edited by RepRaptorsintheUSA; Wed Mar 6, 2013, 12:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
        Still haven't figured out how to get the pics i took in here. Try to figure that out tomorrow. Sorry i'm late but I am on the west coast.

Really cool being at the game. We were within an earshot of the bench. I KNEW they could here what i was yelling.I'll give more examples of that later. Not in order of importance.

*A lot of politics*
        We arrived early & BC was sitting at the bench. I yelled "We need a center, we're counting on you." He turned and waved. Warrior security then backed me off. I was shocked that I didn't do more yelling, but I figured if i'd get kick out BEFORE THE GAME STARTED if i verbally kept abusing BC. Devlin came over to BC & was quickly ignored when Ric Bucher came over (Insert pic i don't know how to post). They talked for a long time. Amir was sucking up to the refs. Guess it's part of the game.

Rudy, DD, and Kleiza were warming up before everyone came out. You could see Rudy was hurting. I yelled and asked him "Are you gonna play? Are you gonna play?" Didn't get a response. I started getting pissed off cause only DD was practicing contested shots inside the arch. (i have posted MANY complaints that we have one person rebounding & four(4) players at the 3 point line). So i started whipping on my punching bag for the night...Linas Kleiza.
        "Hopefully you don't get anymore shots in a Raptor uniform, but if you do...they should be closer to the basket."
        "No matter how much you jump, your not getting out of that deep hole your in on the bench Klaiza."

When they all came out it was sensory overload. i couldn't handle it. They were all there. My wife noticed Acy wasn't there. We learned later they tossed him out of the plane & he's now in Bakersfield. We yelled encouragement (I thought it was a winnable game), but were concerned cause we didn't see Rudy right away.

I am the biggest Bargs hater in the world, but i felt sorry for him. Bargs looked very very very isolated. Everyone seemed loose, cracking jokes, playful. Talking with Jerrett Jack, punching each other, etc etc. Bargs looked like he didn't have a friend in the world. I was shocked at myself. Yelled at Ross to give me a dunk during warm ups & he did. Amir was Amir was throwing down tomahawks like crazy. My feelings quickly changed when I realize that bargs was starting. I yelled a piercing booooo when they introduced them into the starting lineup. Amir high fived everyone before the game started. As usual the raptors had a decent start.
        Casey punished Jonas not driving and put him on the bench. When Arron Grey went in I knew Jv's night was over.

Dd was seemed to be going throw the motions. I'll give Him a pass because he was in his home state. Let's say I had to play in Niagara Falls. I might not be the same if I could spend the previous day in Toronto and could fly into Niagara Falls couple hours before the game. He just didn't seem to have his usual energy level. Hopefully he'll wan play well in Staples. (Flying to LA for the game as well)

John Lucas is in the game Casey ends the 1st qtr with a small line up. Curry starts going off. We have Ross & Fields in and he's trying ride them. Casey always bothers me letting the bench stay in to long and letting the game slip away or allowing us to lose starters lead. Lowry needs rest I understand, but we can't lose the game if he's not ready. In my opinion we should have been playing staters 50 minutes before we lost our playoff hopes.
        "Hey Casey! If Lucas isn't scoring, why is he in the game? We're too small. Amir is limping up the court. Take Lucas out. Why is he in? Use Telfair or put Lowry back in. Bring back the starters Casey!!!! Soon he took out Ross for Gay then put Lowry back in the game.

Ross was acting like a spoiled brat last night. Lost a little respect for him. Not paying attention in the huddles, yawning, totally distracted. Obviously KNOWING he was not going to be in there for the 3rd & 4th qtrs is getting to him. I agree he should be used more but his attitude last night SUCKED.

What bothered me the most last night was Kleiza. He never once payed attention to a single huddle. I told you Amir high fived all his teammates at the beginning of the half. Kleiza looked like he had to beg him to get involved. He was checking out cheerleaders, watching the dunkers jump on the trampoline & even the guys trying to win $2000 to make a half court shot. I was enraged. "Hey Kleiza, if your not going to even pay attention in the huddle just sit on the bench." Next huddle he looked in to the crowd. "Have a seat buddy, pay attention to what your team is trying to do or go back to Lithuania." I think he even tried to rat me out to try to get me kicked out.

All in all, I honestly think the Raptors couldn't have played any better. Here is where we lost the game.

[GSW 105-100]

{I yelled at the top of my lungs. "WE NEED DEFENSE. PUT IN REBOUNDING TO GET THE BALL BACK. PUT IN JV!!!}

{This was RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE. You don't deserve to win if you allow people to do that in the 4th qtr.}

Got pics with Devlin & Jack. Wanted to tell Devlin to stop yelling but he gave my wife a picture so i had to be nice. He's FAT.

Warrior fans were impressed by Bargs. I was like "Call up the front office. You've got a deal." Bargs was making a better effort than usual. I'll give him credit for that. But he is still no where close to the key when a shot goes up. He's getting better at trapping when they come to his section in the zone. But he is always backing up & you can see he is still getting used to being back. Lowry was telling him where to go & I know Lowry isn't sugar coating it for him.

Casey is being FORCED to start Bargs & give him minutes. He was brought in to create a defense with a "Dirk-type" of player. They are going to do it for the rest of the season to see if it works. It does not look good for Ross & JV.

I enjoyed this

Comment

*A lot of politics*

I am the biggest Bargs hater in the world, but i felt sorry for him. Bargs looked very very very isolated. Everyone seemed loose, cracking jokes, playful. Talking with Jerrett Jack, punching each other, etc etc. Bargs looked like he didn't have a friend in the world. I was shocked at myself. Yelled at Ross to give me a dunk during warm ups & he did. Amir was throwing down tomahawks like crazy. My feelings quickly changed when I realize that bargs was starting. I yelled a piercing booooo when they introduced them into the starting lineup. Amir high fived everyone before the game started. As usual the raptors had a decent start.

Dd seemed to be going throw the motions. I'll give Him a pass because he was in his home state. Let's say I had to play in Niagara Falls. I might not be the same if I could spend the previous day in Toronto and could fly into Niagara Falls couple hours before the game. He just didn't seem to have his usual energy level. Hopefully he'll wan play well in Staples. (Flying to LA for the game as well)

[GSW 105-100]

Nice, I had a good time reading this. Good post Rep.

Anyways, I agree about the bold. He's a rookie, not all rookies are going to get playing time. And while he SHOULD be playing at least 18 minutes or a game, he's got to stay positive and be ready whenever the coaching staff DOES decide to put him in. He did not look ready when he checked into the game.

Also, be careful with what you say to Kleiza! He's going to come after you BRUH!
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

*A lot of politics*

[GSW 105-100]

Thanks for the report... Looking forward to the photos!

Comment

• OG Raptors Fan

Mission accomplished. I made it in the post game broadcast.
              Anyone know how to post pics? I have a couple that I wanted to share.
              Check the post about the sights & sounds a couple posts back.
              Last edited by RepRaptorsintheUSA; Wed Mar 6, 2013, 10:53 PM. Reason: Cause i suck, but i'm learning

Comment

Working...
              X