The spark off the bench......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beagle wrote: View Post
    I think Lucas is not given enough credit for being a decent "spark off the bench." His 3PT shooting has been great and consistent. I know he's not the best at setting up teammates, but I think the shortcomings of the second unit lately cannot be pinned on him so much. AA's inconsistency and TR's inability to make his own shot have made Lucas look worse than he actually is. I think he's a great backup PG, although I think it is also wise to have a pass-first option, such as Telfair, on hand.

Bargnani has obviously failed in this role. If I were Casey I'd start Bargs the rest of the season and demand that BC trade him or else.

Finally, I don't see any harm in starting Gay with TRoss and brinding in DeRozan against second units largely, giving him 26-30 minutes of course. This would seem to me to be a sensible way to introduce rookies to the NBA level of play, not to mention this is exactly what they've been doing with JVal. DeMar won't give a shit. This season is already over.
    Although the bold seems logical, this will NEVER happen as long as Casey is head coach.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Beagle wrote: View Post
      I think Lucas is not given enough credit for being a decent "spark off the bench." His 3PT shooting has been great and consistent. I know he's not the best at setting up teammates, but I think the shortcomings of the second unit lately cannot be pinned on him so much. AA's inconsistency and TR's inability to make his own shot have made Lucas look worse than he actually is. I think he's a great backup PG, although I think it is also wise to have a pass-first option, such as Telfair, on hand.
      Disagree. It is the point guard's job to get the offence rolling and his teammates good looks. It's hard to create your own look, and to ask a rookie like Ross to do that isn't very reasonable. But to ask a veteran point guard to do that is beyond reasonable and is really to be expected. I would never call Lucas a great back-up PG. He could be a great 3rd stringer, but he isn't a good back-up. I'd like to see Telfair get more play down the stretch. We need someone to help the players on the 2nd unit get going, and that will never be JL3. The big picture is that it is more beneficial to this team for players like Ross to get good touches on offence to build upon than for Lucas to shoot the lights out in another losing effort.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Disagree. It is the point guard's job to get the offence rolling and his teammates good looks. It's hard to create your own look, and to ask a rookie like Ross to do that isn't very reasonable. But to ask a veteran point guard to do that is beyond reasonable and is really to be expected. I would never call Lucas a great back-up PG. He could be a great 3rd stringer, but he isn't a good back-up. I'd like to see Telfair get more play down the stretch. We need someone to help the players on the 2nd unit get going, and that will never be JL3. The big picture is that it is more beneficial to this team for players like Ross to get good touches on offence to build upon than for Lucas to shoot the lights out in another losing effort.
        Agreed. Most especially with the bold.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
        X