Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

Casey does a great job of coaching these guys up but there is a next level that these guys need to take and that white hot rage. Fundamentals only takes you so far
    Yes
    44.19%
    No
    55.81%

Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

I don't understand a lot of things that Casey is doing to be honest. Raptors have lost so many games because of their play in the 4th and i think alot of that has to do with coaching.

Tonight for example:

- JV was playing so well, got his 4th foul mid 3rd quarter. Never got the chance to play again. Amir fouled out in the OT and i thought JV for sure will come into the game. But Casey for some reason went with AARON GRAY? wtf is going on?

- Rudy Gay taking quick shots late in the 4th like he has no idea what the score was.

- DeMar i thought deserved a shot at the end of regulation and OT... never got it. I love Rudy but he's 7/26 on the floor tonight, struggled mightily while DeMar i thought played one of his best game of his career.

- Where's Landry Fields? he's the Raps best perimeter defender. Why didn't they let him guard Kobe late in the game?

- As for Kobe's clutch 3 late in the 4th. I thought the Raps should've fouled. Kobe is like a video game in the clutch. He's automatic. Casey and the Raptors coaching staff SHOULD know this.

- Anderson is really pissing me off. I don't care about his stats tonight. The guy just continues to force everything offensively. At one point Matt and Jack were criticizing the guy because of his poor decisions. DeRozan i thought was pissed off as well late in the 3rd because he wasn't getting any touches while AA continues to chuck shots.
    Last edited by The Great One; Sat Mar 9, 2013, 02:52 AM.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I agree with most of the things you said but AA was playing pretty efficient down the stretch. The defence on Kobe wasn't really a prob, you couldn't defend him better than AA was defending him but he just hit the shots anyways. Other than that I agree with everything, especially about Gay. He should have been benched after all the retarded decisions he was making, not attemping the last FG of the game.

Comment

Bad box out's on the defensive end, - leading to offensive rebounding - mental lapses defensively, poor shot selection, and a quiet Rudy Gay - or a loud one in terms of missing so many shots.

Great effort and play though. Heart breaker really..
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I really want to know the thinking behind putting Gray in the OT instead of JV. And why JV didn't get much playing time in the 4th. The guy was having a great game.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I really want to know the thinking behind putting Gray in the OT instead of JV. And why JV didn't get much playing time in the 4th. The guy was having a great game.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Been this way all year..Casey doesn't trust JV int he 4th. He obviously sides with veterans.

Raptors blowing 4th quarter road leads has been a problem for years, even with Sam Mitchell. If anything its been that way since Colangelo got here.

Only Amir Johnson raises his game when its on the line i find.

Comment

bye dc. show him the door

Comment

JasonS wrote: View Post
                  Been this way all year..Casey doesn't trust JV int he 4th. He obviously sides with veterans.

Raptors blowing 4th quarter road leads has been a problem for years, even with Sam Mitchell. If anything its been that way since Colangelo got here.

Only Amir Johnson raises his game when its on the line i find.
                  He never plays in the 4th, so how can he not trust him? Playoffs are not happening this year unfortunately, so I wanna see as much of Ross and JV as I can.

I think Casey is trying to save his job by winning games, and BC probably has a say in who he wants to see out there to save his job as well. They were all talking playoffs or bust essentially. They made their bed and shat in it.

Comment

The vane was lost on one sided calls and nobody fouling Kobe when he went for the tie. Casey told them to foul immediately the players let it play out guy has been here before played Kobe many times not an idiot.

I can't defend the Gray thing thoughand the JV not playing in crunch when Amir fouled out. Bottom line the game Casey out coached Dantoni and everyone Balled star treatment won it for LAL

Comment

Time and time again, Casey shows that he is completely unable to coach in late-game situations. Unbelievable.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        The vane was lost on one sided calls and nobody fouling Kobe when he went for the tie. Casey told them to foul immediately the players let it play out guy has been here before played Kobe many times not an idiot.

I can't defend the Gray thing thoughand the JV not playing in crunch when Amir fouled out. Bottom line the game Casey out coached Dantoni and everyone Balled star treatment won it for LAL
                        really?? i thought the refs did a good job for a change yesterday. casey never out coached anyone! infact he's directly to blame for most of our meltdowns this season.. his love of AA, his refusal to play the rook's, his lack of offensive knowledge, his horrid sub patterns are absolutely killing this team this year!! T.Ross has already had his confidence drained by DC & if were not carefull DC's going to take the jam out of Jonas's jelly donut too!!

@FireDCbeforeItstooLate!!

@RudyAintAllThat!!

@AlanAndersonIsAScrub

Comment

Apparently DC thinks that 4 fouls are 6 for JV.

Comment

Really you think that game was reffed well? Kobe got everything and so did Dwight how many times did he hold Gays jersey last night ? It was a total load not on Casey people. JV is a good player I can't defend his not playing him but for once tonight wasn't on Anderson either. He did solid playing him over Ross was a good thing Ross isn't there yet.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              Really you think that game was reffed well? Kobe got everything and so did Dwight how many times did he hold Gays jersey last night ? It was a total load not on Casey people. JV is a good player I can't defend his not playing him but for once tonight wasn't on Anderson either. He did solid playing him over Ross was a good thing Ross isn't there yet.
                              I still don't understand how Valanciunas does not play in the 4th. He was clearly THE most effective big on Dwight, and in the paint on both ends. Just mind bobbling, 12 points, 6 rebounds, 1 block in 16 minutes. You HAVE to play him, he was our best player other than Derozan tonight!

Reffing tonight was all about superstars, unfortunately, Gay wasn't included in that circle.. It was brutal, a lot of easy calls for the Lakers. Rudy might have been brutal, but it's discouraging when you drive, and drive, and no calls go your way when you get hit. Also, to say Amir was getting hit in the paint is an understatement.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X